Offsides? You call it

Obviously wasn't offside but for an inexperienced official, perhaps slightly difficult to judge. Easy to see in the slow-mo but even in real time, it would have been clear to an experienced referee and/or AR that the green player headed the ball. With that being the case, offside doesn't even need to be considered.

Let's keep encouraging everyone to use the correct terminology (I know people have said this before). Yes, it might be pedantic but it's not just not offsideS. There is no 's' required at the end.

I wonder if anyone will correct me tomorrow if I shout "go for the touchdowns"...:)

Probably not offside as it doesn't appear to have touched the white team player for a flick on. That said it isn't entirely clear even in slow motion so it is pretty easy to see an AR making the call.

To answer the what would you call. If you knew at the time that it did not tough the white team player when they were going up for the header then it would not have been offside.
Was it ACTION or REACTION by the green player? That is the question.

My opinion, ball is floated in the air, natural reaction is to jump for it. That does not mean they played the ball deliberately. So, offside.

Probably not offside as it doesn't appear to have touched the white team player for a flick on. That said it isn't entirely clear even in slow motion so it is pretty easy to see an AR making the call.

To answer the what would you call. If you knew at the time that it did not tough the white team player when they were going up for the header then it would not have been offside.
Was it ACTION or REACTION by the green player? That is the question.

My opinion, ball is floated in the air, natural reaction is to jump for it. That does not mean they played the ball deliberately. So, offside.

F**K!!!!! Once again I get two ARs that don’t know the latest, 3-years old, changes and interpretation to Offside. They raised the flag way too early and quickly, out of position, were not patient enough to follow the attacker, and didn’t know the correct restart location. I literally spent 5 minutes going over Offside during my pregame. What happens when the ARs continuously screw up Offside? The refs primarily the CR gets yelled at, everyone gets frustrated, and the game gets more difficult for the CR to manage. The ARs tonight each have over 10 years of experience.

I am really at a loss as to how to get these refs to properly implement the Offside Law/Rules and interpretation.
You have the option of dismissing them from the game.

Back