ODP invites

Thank you but my P doesn't participate in club soccer anymore. I coach u- littles in hispanic league out of Los Angeles.

Reason for questioning is that I recently received a call from a parent notifying that their P had made the list. If I had any advice to give *In my head I'm thinking this P is not even top 5 on the team*. Yes of course, have your P work on technical skills and definitely that left foot (doesn't have it) I keep asking him to use, it's crucial for his position as striker.

He's only been with me for 4 months. I'm looking forward to working with him, he has potential.
Makes you wonder how he got selected in the first place, right? He must have had a "moment" with the eyes of some ODP monkey looking on.

The animals are running the Zoo.
Yeah, on a related note I heard and saw several players make ODP just because of mommy/daddy or because they are with a big club. Players should be selected based on talent and not because mommy/daddy coaches a big club. I'm also hearing that deserving kids are sent home while not-so-talented players remain on the team. This sucks even more when parents pay the $100 and drive to Ventura and deserve to make the cut only to be sent home because a DD has a influential mommy/daddy. I do hope ODP gets their act together, especially with DA and ECNL players getting weeded out. I would think it's in ODP's best interest to send the strongest team.

Yeah, on a related note I heard and saw several players make ODP just because of mommy/daddy or because they are with a big club. Players should be selected based on talent and not because mommy/daddy coaches a big club. I'm also hearing that deserving kids are sent home while not-so-talented players remain on the team. This sucks even more when parents pay the $100 and drive to Ventura and deserve to make the cut only to be sent home because a DD has a influential mommy/daddy. I do hope ODP gets their act together, especially with DA and ECNL players getting weeded out. I would think it's in ODP's best interest to send the strongest team.

A year or two ago I would have called BS on this because the girls ODP teams in several age groups simply dominated and won multiple national championships but now looking at these new lists and seeing a huge void of players (not listed due to DA/ECNL? there were many ECNL players on my DD's team but they were ID'ed before ECNL took over) I'd be interested in seeing how the teams they field stack up against the rest of the country.

A year or two ago I would have called BS on this because the girls ODP teams in several age groups simply dominated and won multiple national championships but now looking at these new lists and seeing a huge void of players (not listed due to DA/ECNL? there were many ECNL players on my DD's team but they were ID'ed before ECNL took over) I'd be interested in seeing how the teams they field stack up against the rest of the country.

From the ODP letter . . .
"If you are playing or entering a US Soccer Boys or Girls Development Academy program in Southern California you cannot participate in the Cal South Pro+/ODP program. This is a US Soccer Academy rule"

It has alwasy been the policy of the ODP/Pro+ program to endeavor to spend their time and resources on players who are willing and able to participate. At least this year, they appear to have gotten most of the player's club teams correct, instead of listing the teams they played with at U12.

As for the politics, no team, club, league, or sanctioning body is politics free. All star teams, ODP pools/rosters, ID2 Training events, even U.S . Soccer Training Centers represent the confluence of all these politics on one invitation.

A lot of top talent is missing this year so it will be interesting. Every girl invited is deserving & here's their chance. There have been a lot of changes this year so hopefully there is a new ODP coach with fresh eyes and a clean sheet of paper w/no names of who already made the team without even having the first tryout

Back