NPL Season Cancelled?

Rough times to launch new leagues, the previous bear markets to expand these offerings to yearc round really doesn't exist so much anymore so they may have to go back to the drawing board and do spring only or something.

Some of previously committed clubs seem to wander to other leagues including NPlwest, Next, EA all of which appear to be setback to next year.

Ecnl, RL also drawing players but at least they're going to maybe play some.

CSL & DSL while more established are kind of in the same pickle as this one and teetering on maybe not going this year partly due to high school soccer being moved to spring.

There's only so many play dates, players , teams, & clubs still around and new leagues have to compete for whatever the remaining demand is?

Unfortunate timing, they tried to start in spring but was a no go and now these fall shutoff problems, have to wonder if the have the support from usclub for a year round league when there basically new?

Normally have to have a spring league to start before going year round with these NPL's. The market is much more crowded now & there's fewer players so might be a tough go this year.

Unfortunate timing, they tried to start in spring but was a no go and now these fall shutoff problems, have to wonder if the have the support from usclub for a year round league when there basically new?

Normally have to have a spring league to start before going year round with these NPL's. The market is much more crowded now & there's fewer players so might be a tough go this year.
The number of different leagues is completely ludicrous anyway; nobody wants to see businesses or organizations going under but if some leagues do not continue, it won't be a bad thing. The youth soccer landscape could do with a bit of natural selection at this point.

I am going to disagree with regards the the Southwest NPL. The southwest is composed of mostly San Diego county teams, mostly teams that don't compete in any other league than the Presidio/SDDA. There is probably more chance that one of the other Cal. NPL leagues would shutter or fold. The market in San Diego is still ripe for more competitive, local competition. I agree that the timing was unfortunate, but the business model is still sound given the San Diego market.

I am going to disagree with regards the the Southwest NPL. The southwest is composed of mostly San Diego county teams, mostly teams that don't compete in any other league than the Presidio/SDDA. There is probably more chance that one of the other Cal. NPL leagues would shutter or fold. The market in San Diego is still ripe for more competitive, local competition. I agree that the timing was unfortunate, but the business model is still sound given the San Diego market.

Good feedback, hard to gauge with 5 other 2020 leagues: NEXT, EA, ECNL,ECRL, NPLwest all expanding or starting for boys the declining numbers in the player pool could a factor.

Throw in high school spring play and it's just really not a lot of play dates this year. Later Spring/summer but be better to start?

NPLwest has ECNL juniors, 12-13 teams per bracket with some like Laguna optioning for 2 teams in that even through there down south.

I have no insight to what is canceled and what isn't so I don't want to start rumors but my question is when the hell will this "season" end and a new one begin? Not a question for anyone particular just a question in general.....
ECNL. ECRL, SCDSL, GA,MLS... all of them

I would say the "seaon(s)" will lead into the beginning of summer/end of spring for National Cup/State Cup. Then a quick tournament summer season and try to pick up in like normal again in the fall?

I would say the "seaon(s)" will lead into the beginning of summer/end of spring for National Cup/State Cup. Then a quick tournament summer season and try to pick up in like normal again in the fall?

Sounds like a good guess, I keep forgetting CIF rule changed...

Back