NHB tournament

Toe poke

SILVER
there seems to be a some other age group threads-- how about the 04's?

Tournaments this weekend-- looks like a good mix between NHB and United...should be some good games- and good luck to all the teams..

ideas on favorites....???

I concur. Rebels beat GSE in the finals at West Coast so the fact that they are different tournaments gives them both the upper hand at winning their respective tourneys.

That GS East team is interesting. GB's labor of love. Great training there. My understanding is that, despite the age group split, there is still a core to this squad that has been kept together since they were the Chivas team that ruled the roost back at U8/U9. And I think some of the cuts from the GS DA side gave GS East that extra boost. Its good to see them having success. I hope that they're at their best over there this weekend.

Is Rebels one of the new DA clubs, or is it just Surf and Nomads from the San Diego area?

That GS East team is interesting. GB's labor of love. Great training there. My understanding is that, despite the age group split, there is still a core to this squad that has been kept together since they were the Chivas team that ruled the roost back at U8/U9. And I think some of the cuts from the GS DA side gave GS East that extra boost. Its good to see them having success. I hope that they're at their best over there this weekend.

Is Rebels one of the new DA clubs, or is it just Surf and Nomads from the San Diego area?

I doubt Rebels is DA. They wouldn't be playing 11v11. I don't know the make-up of the team, just know they've been putting up results through the summer. I agree about GSE and don't think tournaments have taken a hard look at some birth certificates (as if they ever do) I've seen some big '04s, but when there is facial hair....

I doubt Rebels is DA. They wouldn't be playing 11v11. I don't know the make-up of the team, just know they've been putting up results through the summer. I agree about GSE and don't think tournaments have taken a hard look at some birth certificates (as if they ever do) I've seen some big '04s, but when there is facial hair....

Ya I went and watched the GS East team today after hearing rumors about them not conforming to the new age requirements. Honestly, United and any other tournament that has allowed them to play without confirming ages should be ashamed. I heard from a few people today, including a couple of the refs, confirming at leat two of their kids were 03's. The size and build of the kids are obvious, I mean look at the goalie. Granted it's just smoke and chatter.but usually where there's smoke there's fire.

Its not about checking birth certs, if players are using other kid's cards then it doesn't matter. A ref just calls out a name and the boys wave and walk away. Check.

It'll be interesting if they have the same group in the fall.

Not sure if this thread reaches the NorCal teams,.....and if it does..for the young man from the Danville team (Mustangs)... Our prayers and thoughts are with you ..and hope for speedy recovery....
Prayers and love from from the soccer community !!!!

Its not about checking birth certs, if players are using other kid's cards then it doesn't matter. A ref just calls out a name and the boys wave and walk away. Check.

It'll be interesting if they have the same group in the fall.

Agreed. Shame on the club and coaches for allowing it to happen. It's a disservice to the player to essentially play them down. On the flip side, thanks to them for the added challenge of paying against olders.

Back