NG got the solution to USSF

That's what's known in the trade as a non-article article. There's absolutely nothing new there.

But I don't think the US is ever going to solve this problem from the top down. Until a huge percentage of kids play soccer spontaneously, we will always be at a disadvantage. My family spends the summers in Poland and every day there are kids playing pickup games at the park between the buildings. Every day: no coaches, no parents, no structure, no travel, no "philosophy"... just kids playing and having fun on their own. How can Poland produce word class players with so little early coaching? The trick is that _every kid in Poland_ does this. It's a question of statistics. Iceland only has 300k people, but they _all_ play soccer when they can and all the best athletes play professionally. The top athletes in the US are split between basketball, football and a little baseball and hockey. Except in some pockets like SoCal, soccer is 3rd on the list at best.

The other difference I see is that at younger ages, before U14, there are no academies and almost no leagues and certainly none of this win at all costs or possessive coaches bs. In fact, kids hardly play organized games at all. They don't really take soccer that seriously until about 14 or 15. If you do find coaching at the younger ages, it's all drills. Very fast drills over and over again. We had our son train with one of the coaches from the largest academy in Warsaw (that famously cut Lewandowski for being too small, but that's another story) and asked what he should work on before his DA season started. He was baffled that we even had a serious season at all at his age (11) and said he should just have the ball at his feet as much as possible and have fun playing soccer. "Games don't matter anyway until they're 15."

So thats what no solution looks like...

Maybe you can play at his club long enough to earn one of those catchy "puppy" nicknames and play for a usl team in division 2 for taco money.

Given that the non-article was a basically a self-promotion advertisement and that I am not a big fan of NG, I do have to give him some props for actually making things happen. It is far from perfect, but the club has grown tremendously to the point that it has men's and women's semi-pro teams.

Given that the non-article was a basically a self-promotion advertisement and that I am not a big fan of NG, I do have to give him some props for actually making things happen. It is far from perfect, but the club has grown tremendously to the point that it has men's and women's semi-pro teams.
Grown at what cost? He lies and swindles more families in San Diego than probably all clubs combined. Just look at his college placement stats on the website. Kool Aide drinkers actually believe them.

The great NG got the solution win the 2026 World Cup. Not to mention that upgraded Ariel to a MLS star.

https://timesofsandiego.com/opinion...t-include-an-ultra-competitive-american-team/

The thing that NG has done best is to have a real pro team at the top of his club, even though it is not in the top league. It's tough for a local club run as a non-profit with a volunteer board that rolls over every few years to have that singularity of structure and purpose.

It's tough for a local club run as a non-profit with a volunteer board that rolls over every few years to have that singularity of structure and purpose.
Hahahhahahhahahhahaa nonprofit! Have you seen the car he drives, his office on Prospect Street, his salary ..........

Don’t you have a niece that plays on one of his DPL teams?

Hahahhahahhahahhahaa nonprofit! Have you seen the car he drives, his office on Prospect Street, his salary ..........

Don’t you have a niece that plays on one of his DPL teams?

The term "non-profit" was referring to the local club, not Albion. And -- "non-profit" does not mean (or require) poverty.

Grown at what cost? He lies and swindles more families in San Diego than probably all clubs combined. Just look at his college placement stats on the website. Kool Aide drinkers actually believe them.
Outside is far from drinking NG's or Albion's Kool Aid. However NG has done something remarkable given what he started with. Who do you know can sell to a parent to drive through stupid traffic to OB and risk their child to do standardized drills around a gopher holes field, think about that.

BTW the Kool Aid drinkers are ban from this forum as a mandate from NG.

That's what's known in the trade as a non-article article. There's absolutely nothing new there.

But I don't think the US is ever going to solve this problem from the top down. Until a huge percentage of kids play soccer spontaneously, we will always be at a disadvantage. My family spends the summers in Poland and every day there are kids playing pickup games at the park between the buildings. Every day: no coaches, no parents, no structure, no travel, no "philosophy"... just kids playing and having fun on their own. How can Poland produce word class players with so little early coaching? The trick is that _every kid in Poland_ does this. It's a question of statistics. Iceland only has 300k people, but they _all_ play soccer when they can and all the best athletes play professionally. The top athletes in the US are split between basketball, football and a little baseball and hockey. Except in some pockets like SoCal, soccer is 3rd on the list at best.

The other difference I see is that at younger ages, before U14, there are no academies and almost no leagues and certainly none of this win at all costs or possessive coaches bs. In fact, kids hardly play organized games at all. They don't really take soccer that seriously until about 14 or 15. If you do find coaching at the younger ages, it's all drills. Very fast drills over and over again. We had our son train with one of the coaches from the largest academy in Warsaw (that famously cut Lewandowski for being too small, but that's another story) and asked what he should work on before his DA season started. He was baffled that we even had a serious season at all at his age (11) and said he should just have the ball at his feet as much as possible and have fun playing soccer. "Games don't matter anyway until they're 15."
I agree with all of that except the need our best athlete argument. If anything they value the better athlete over the better soccer player over and over again from club coaches selecting players to college and ussf. Like you said Lewandowski passed up at one point because he was the big tall athlete. Zidane once passed up because he wasn't the speedy athlete lots of world class players passed up at one point because they weren't the biggest and fastest. They don't value the kid that always had a ball glued to his foot everywhere he went can read the game pick apart defenses never losses the ball because someone is bigger faster and more blonde lol j/k. Sorta

I agree that Noah is a slimy bastard and the club has a serious ethics problem, but at the end of the day Albion has semi-pro teams, some good coaches and has helped some kids further their dreams. I can't hate on the good people that are involved.

I agree that Noah is a slimy bastard and the club has a serious ethics problem, but at the end of the day Albion has semi-pro teams, some good coaches and has helped some kids further their dreams. I can't hate on the good people that are involved.
I don’t know NG- but couldn’t that be said about most clubs?

What ethics problem does Albion have?

What ethics problem does Albion have?
A coach was sending inappropriate texts to female players and the club did not inform all members of the club until they were essentially forced to by public pressure. Fact knows more details.

I agree with all of that except the need our best athlete argument.
I don't mean athlete in the "athletic" sense (bigger, stronger, faster). I just meant that best people at sports. If you take any world soccer power and say, "only a quarter of your sportsmen get to play soccer at all, the rest play other sports," their teams won't be a strong. If you say, the best 3 out of 4 players will choose other sports, soccer is the 4th pick, their teams will really suffer. That's what happens in the US. A kid who is good at soccer and good at basketball has much more incentive - socially and eventually financially - to pick basketball. In Europe and South America, soccer is the first choice and that skews the statistics greatly in their favor.

Back