New club in the South Bay....

LAGSB board up until last year had major deficiencies. But Steel had made arrangements to switch Wilson Park 2019 reservations from LAGSB to Steel while still employed by LAGSB in 2018. That's shady. You can DM me if you need more details.
Game of thrones type of stuff!!!

Like I mentioned before, I did my research. I sat and listened to both sides and asked questions to both sides. One side was more than happy to answer and the other side gave very little answers and just pointed fingers. I have been around many shady coaches, clubs and boards. So no need to DM you I have read, heard and seen all I needed. At the end of the day we all do what’s right for our kids. We all have different views on clubs, coaches and teams.

Game of thrones type of stuff!!!

on-my-way-5b4f55.jpg

Stolen United I mean Steele United has its reputation period whether you want to admit it or not. Until they establish themselves and show they are top tier club! Then they will have a great reputation but for now Stolen United will be that.

They let new clubs in. Let them grow a little. Then the mega clubs buy them up.
The soccer mafia has a plan.

Yeah generally, but this new club is backed by BIG money, so unfortunately it looks like Steel may end up being the “mega club”. They’ve got the backing to potentially shake things up and it won’t be a surprise when parents follow the shiny new toy in the South Bay Youth Club scene.

I’m just not a fan of how this went down. From the way that field permit renewals were secretly switched, to the way that all the coaches just “left” the club and implied to parents they weren’t being paid. From what I’ve heard by friends who were on a few of these teams, depending on the coach they were told different stories. Some teams were told that Steel bought out LAGSB and it was just a branding change. Others were told that LAGSB was bankrupt and were ending operations and then some were given honest explanations on exactly why the coach left and why they wanted the kids to come over with them.

Back