National Cup

exkeeper

BRONZE
Daughter was able to guest for a new team. Seemed like an interesting weekend with some teams advancing who were not expected to advance. Anyone have thoughts on the round of 16 games.

Just going off rankings for the tournament. It seems like some lower seeds made it through. Doesn't necessarily mean they were underdogs I guess, but not knowing the full scope of the 98 age group seemed like these were some of the surprises. Simi Valley #36, SMUFC #29, TUSA #24, Arsenal FC West #34, and Pateadores #22.

XK, I see your logic and it makes sense. I was told that the seedings are based upon how each team did at the previous year's National Cup. Thus the seeding may not correlate with the actual/current competitiveness of the teams. I suspect many feel that Legends Academy is likely to meet with Beach Academy in the final . I think at this point most of the sweet 16 teams can beat each other except the Beach and Legends teams which seem to be stronger than the other 14...just my opinion...

3 teams advance from the round of 16 because their opponent forfeited. Wow didn't see that coming. What gives? Prom?

Our journey came to an end today. May daughter was guest playing for Team USA. They did better than I expected. They pushed the Legends academy team all the way to the end. It ended 1-0. Legends scored with about 15 minutes left on a shot from about 30 yards out. They definitely out passed us, but overall our girls played a great game and I don't think anyone was expecting it to be a close game. It was a fun journey for my daughter joining this group of girls. Good luck to the final 4, just looked and found it funny that the top 4 seeds are the ones still playing. I don't see anyone beating Beach.

Back