NATIONAL CUP O5 2018

Bracket E and F have 3 teams each, so teams in bracket E are playing the 3 teams in bracket F and vice versa. Never seen that before.
I know it won't happen..but what if one bracket goes undefeated against the other? That would be some BS to go undefeated and not advance while an 0-3 team moves forward.

I know it won't happen..but what if one bracket goes undefeated against the other? That would be some BS to go undefeated and not advance while an 0-3 team moves forward.
But there are wildcard so despite saying that 3 team brackets suck, they could have the advantage and need to really be concerned about goal differential even if they win all games.

But there are wildcard so despite saying that 3 team brackets suck, they could have the advantage and need to really be concerned about goal differential even if they win all games.

The 3 team brackets will be playing 3 games so it's all good. It's just weird that the teams will not be playing the teams in their own bracket.

Maybe I'm misreading but how do you figure that? Win all three games and you finish first and are automatic. The three team brackets will now have equal opportunity to advance as a second place WC as the four team brackets. That's where GD will come into play, no?

Maybe I'm misreading but how do you figure that? Win all three games and you finish first and are automatic. The three team brackets will now have equal opportunity to advance as a second place WC as the four team brackets. That's where GD will come into play, no?
Because theoretically, you could have 2 or even 3 undefeated teams in one bracket.

There are some teams coming in pretty hot right now, while others are struggling to find it... Should be an interesting national cup....

Anyone have a dark horse or 2 they think might make some noise? Any teams you wouldn't want to be facing right now, save the usual suspects?

I'm happy we're playing at Silverlakes, but why did Cal South split this into two weekends?
If my memory is correct this is the 3rd year in a row (don't know about before that) where National Cup only has 1 game per day. Whether this is about the girls or parking revenue is debatable. I don't enjoy the drive, but I think 1 game a day produces better soccer. Good luck to all the teams.

I'm happy we're playing at Silverlakes, but why did Cal South split this into two weekends?

Its not a "revenue" thing for Cal South, but increases the overall expenses because Cal South pays for fields by the day. More days = more costs in theory. What it does do is allow Cal South to better manage the facilities it uses and even out the tournament season to be more efficient without as many peaks and valleys.

The facilities do potentially get more parking revenue because there are more teams coming that day.

That is strange since the Boys 05 National Cup is also at Silverlakes on the same weekend, but the boys do squeeze the 1st round into 1 weekend.

That is strange since the Boys 05 National Cup is also at Silverlakes on the same weekend, but the boys do squeeze the 1st round into 1 weekend.
Don't complain they might move us to Apple Valley or Lancaster. Will not the most convenient I'' go there multiple times over the frozen windy hell.

Don't complain they might move us to Apple Valley or Lancaster. Will not the most convenient I'' go there multiple times over the frozen windy hell.
Oh I agree. Multi trips to Silverlakes is much better then a long weekend elsewhere.

Back