National Cup Boys 1999 Round of 16 tainted.

Believe it or not, most people agree with this practice of switching quarterfinals matchups. It's not fun to travel to a tournament, pay the money, and then play the same team twice in two/three days. And in the end, it's all about fun, right?

Can the two wildcard teams really be that far apart in terms of skill level?

Not that far apart according to the results, since the complaint is over a one-place difference after tie-breakers.

It's amazing the amount of pure ignorance in this thread.

Cal South is a corrupt organization with ZERO integrity.

Ignorance? Really dude. 80 of us are telling you it's not a big deal and 2 of you are saying it is? Who is the ignorant in this case? It's you.

You didn't like the answers from this blog, you came raging that Cal South is corrupt and this is soooooo unfair. We are telling you it's common practice but you don't like the answer. If you can't deal with the heat, then get of out the kitchen.

Wow I really hit a nerve.

Nice exaggeration.

Don't worry we have it handled as well as the six other teams involved. Funny how Soltilo was not even the 2nd or 3rd team to contact Cal South.

Crooked Cal South and the Crooked Program Coordinator!

I didn't realize Baron played in Cal South.

sorry, easy pickings

DC united U12 #81 in the ussda
http://dcut.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/index.php?team=3939240&player=273900366

Really tall for a U12 player, covers a lot of range.

Back on topic; if you want to win a tournament shouldn't matter who you play or when.

I always get a kick out of the "groups of death"; if your team is good enough doesn't matter and sometimes you will see 2 out of 4 teams from that group make the semi's like what happen in BU15

With that said Cal South is always changing the seeding, match's up, etc and sometimes its hard to figure out the logic or if they actually follow all published rules (doesn't always happen) . The CRL teams with the 1st round byes vs the results for the previous years tournament for one is conversational because it appears you can sort of "buy" your way into the 2nd round just by playing CRL.

Winning National cup and going to regionals and maybe the national championship was a pretty big deal for my daughter.

I don't have a rooting interest, but a Soltilo loss will really make next week interesting with some of the posts and accusations.

Why did NPSC Galaxy Forfeit the bracket games? That could have had more of an impact on the next round than anything CalSouth did to switch someone from the WC2 or the WC3 place.

Back on topic; if you want to win a tournament shouldn't matter who you play or when.

I always get a kick out of the "groups of death"; if your team is good enough doesn't matter and sometimes you will see 2 out of 4 teams from that group make the semi's like what happen in BU15
Wrong. Unlike other tournaments that happen over 1 weekend, NC winners continue to advance to the next weekend. So I would definitely want to play the tougher teams later in the tournament.

As for groups of death, for tournaments that you play more than 1 game in a day, the team may be flat for the second game after a physical 1st game. So it does matter.

Ditto. It happened in the U-littles this year with my DD's team. Original schedule had two teams meeting again in the round of 32 and then they changed it because we had played each other already. It's standard practice to my understanding.

U Littles? I assume you are referring to club soccer. However, this happens in AYSO. I am not trying to preach to a choir; therefore, if you know you know! But a division in AYSO is called 10U now not U10. So if your child turns 10 during that season, then he or she should be in 12U. Long story short some kids were at least 10 and 1/2 and huge players compared to all of the players on my son's team, which some had barely turned 8 years old. I am sure you know how the game turned out. Finally, how do I know how old the kids were, well they (plural) admitted it to our kids.

Wrong. Unlike other tournaments that happen over 1 weekend, NC winners continue to advance to the next weekend. So I would definitely want to play the tougher teams later in the tournament.

As for groups of death, for tournaments that you play more than 1 game in a day, the team may be flat for the second game after a physical 1st game. So it does matter.

Doesn't matter if the tournament is 2, 3, 4, multiple weekend, or 6 different ones like CRL if you want to be the best you play any team any time and show it during the course of the event.

Picking, preferring order, who you opponent is, or asking for the easier teams first are somethings that don't matter to me but I guess we have a difference of opinion which is fine.

Exactly. FCGS should be WC2 and we have played in 10 tournaments a year where you immediately match up against a team you played in pool play. We earned our results to play the true WC3 and so did FCGS as WC2. FCGS is running from strong competition in the round of 16.
Sounds like you are a bit bitter and focused on the wrong team.

Play whoever shows up and stop the whining. Don’t give your team an excuse to lose. Focus on who shows up. Instead of Being obnoxious about it call the person in charge at CS and ask for clarification on why the change. It may not be the answer you like but they will share with you their reasoning.

Play whoever shows up and stop the whining. Don’t give your team an excuse to lose. Focus on who shows up. Instead of Being obnoxious about it call the person in charge at CS and ask for clarification on why the change. It may not be the answer you like but they will share with you their reasoning.
While I agree that this is being blown out of proportion, I have spent some time reading the last few months meeting minutes. Over the past few months it sounds as if CalSouth has been completely unresponsive. From memory, one of the quotes was "The CalSouth office is in complete disarray". I can't imagine that CalSouth would even respond to this issue.

While I agree that this is being blown out of proportion, I have spent some time reading the last few months meeting minutes. Over the past few months it sounds as if CalSouth has been completely unresponsive. From memory, one of the quotes was "The CalSouth office is in complete disarray". I can't imagine that CalSouth would even respond to this issue.
I was recently asked to check on the status of an issue with CalSouth. I was shocked that despite phone calls and emails from
CalSouth that referenced discussion in a Board meeting, there was absolutely no record of the issue to be found or who was
responsible for the issue.

My biggest concern with this issue is that they did not phone the OP back. Maybe if they took 5 minutes to explain the rational and let OP vent there would not be an issue.

Finally this would not be the first time CalSouth has been dishonest and favored a large club. (Surf overaged player at State Cup).

Maybe I can give you some insight why OP and so many other people and teams are upset with the Golden State team. This team is made up of 16-18 Brazilian non residential players who have been brought here, paid for, housed, I’m not sure, but probably are not here for educatioal purposes. They do not speak english and have a translator at every game. While our boys have schooling everyday and train 2 days a week, these athletes I’m sure train 3-4 days per week and have no other obligation. Kind of like Professionals. There are Fifa rules that regulate this and there are questions if these boys (men) are even leagal under Fifa rules. 7.17. INTERNATIONAL CLEARANCES (USYS Policy Rule 207)
In my opinion I do not think these boys (men) should be allowed to play in a US regulated National, Regional, or US Championship just because the ower of the GS has a license in CalSouth. Also in my opinion being a HS Teacher and Coach for 26 years that I truly have seen old looking 18-19 year olds but never look 22-24 years old. I have seen a lot of old looking 18yr olds but these guys look older than that. I had the oportunity to watch them in Dallas Cup. They don’t play like 18-19 year olds.
A lot of opinion here, but I would sure hate to have my son eliminated and not get further college exposure because CalSouth wanted to give the Brazilian boys a fair chance to win our National Cup, Regionals, and US Championship. These boys already won Dallas Cup, that was an internatinal tournament. Why make it easier for them to win ours?

Maybe I can give you some insight why OP and so many other people and teams are upset with the Golden State team. This team is made up of 16-18 Brazilian non residential players who have been brought here, paid for, housed, I’m not sure, but probably are not here for educatioal purposes. They do not speak english and have a translator at every game. While our boys have schooling everyday and train 2 days a week, these athletes I’m sure train 3-4 days per week and have no other obligation. Kind of like Professionals. There are Fifa rules that regulate this and there are questions if these boys (men) are even leagal under Fifa rules. 7.17. INTERNATIONAL CLEARANCES (USYS Policy Rule 207)
In my opinion I do not think these boys (men) should be allowed to play in a US regulated National, Regional, or US Championship just because the ower of the GS has a license in CalSouth. Also in my opinion being a HS Teacher and Coach for 26 years that I truly have seen old looking 18-19 year olds but never look 22-24 years old. I have seen a lot of old looking 18yr olds but these guys look older than that. I had the oportunity to watch them in Dallas Cup. They don’t play like 18-19 year olds.
A lot of opinion here, but I would sure hate to have my son eliminated and not get further college exposure because CalSouth wanted to give the Brazilian boys a fair chance to win our National Cup, Regionals, and US Championship. These boys already won Dallas Cup, that was an internatinal tournament. Why make it easier for them to win ours?
Has anyone brought this issue of potentially overage players to CalSouth?

Back