NATIONAL CUP - 2018

My predictions highlighted in green

09:00 AM Legends FC East-Riverside G04 vs. UIFC Venom

09:00 AM LAGSD G04 Academy II-Tarrant vs. Real So Cal- SCV G 2004
11:00 AM San Diego SC G2004 Academy Navy vs. Arsenal FC G04 ECNL

11:00 AM Arsenal FC South G04 ECNL II vs. CDA FC Slammers - Cerritos G04 Segovia

01:00 PM CDA FC Slammers - Whittier Alvarez vs. CDA FC Slammers - HB G04 Melendez E

01:00 PM Anaheim Surf G2004 White- Martinez vs. Real So Cal G04 DPL

03:00 PM Fullerton Rangers G04 White vs. CDA FC Slammers- Orange G04 Huie

03:00 PM Beach FC G04 DPL vs. Legends FC G04 Academy II

Not too shabby. Only 2 wrong!

Legends Riverside the favorite on paper but a couple teams nipping at their heels.

Riverside only loss in CRL was in the second half to the suddenly dangerous Slammers-Melendez team and it was that loss that prevented Riverside from winning CRL, so I am sure Riverside would love to exact a little revenge should they end up playing in the next round.

Arsenal dismantled SDSC to setup another great match up with Slammer-Segovia--which beat Arsenal in group play 1-0.

My prediction for the final four are: Legends-Riverside, Slammers-Melendez, Slammers-Segovia, Legends-Academy II.

I was watching Legends against Beach and Fullerton Rangers against CDA Slammers Huie from time to time both games were great to watch the good quality of soccer even in the rain, tough loss for Beach late goal, The Fullerton Rangers are a very strong team.

Tomorrows pick

Legends FC East-Riverside G04 Hard to beat fast team good defense (winner)

Real So Cal- SCV G 2004 W (To upset Legends they will have to play a good formation 5-2-1 to keep the train in control)

CDA FC Slammers - HB G04 Melendez EGSL (Winner) Saw them score two goals in 3 min they control well the middle

Real So Cal G04 DPL To win they will need to put a pressure formation 3-4-2-1 hoping the defenders are good on the counter attacks

Both teams have a great defense but
Segovia has Arsenal's Number ( winner)

Arsenal FC G04 ECNL

CDA FC Slammers - Cerritos G04 Segovia EGSL

Fullerton Rangers G04 White (Winner) They play a good Possesion game Physical defenders good mid, dangerous on corners kicks.

Legends FC G04 Academy II Legends will need to bring the house to upset Fullerton but its possible

Good luck tomorrow

Congratulations to the four teams that are going to the Semi-Finals.
  • Legends play very well against Real SoCal #14 is the player to stop only I saw one goal from her and it was well done do not know if she scored the second one. I always wonder why she did not go D.A :confused:
  • CD Slammers Melendez vs Real So Cal was an intense game, Real So Cal was down 3-2 tied the game which pushes the game to O/T and finally to PK. CD Slammers will be busy with Legends they cannot give up the lead so easy because Legends will run away with the score.
  • So I was wrong with my pick, Arsenal they play well and hard but they will have a handful with Fullerton did not see much of the game but like I mention dangerous on corners #17 has a strong leg and good ball placement which her teammates take advantage, today was player #1 with a good header, someone told me the Legends did bring the house and play hard made the Rangers scramble but was not enough,Good possession teams always find a way to control chaos.
Have a great week.

Interesting weekend with a few upsets. Predictions on the semi finals???

Legends FC East Riverside vs CDA Slammers HB Melendez

Arsenal FC ECNL vs Fullerton Rangers White

Congrats to the final four teams!

Interesting weekend with a few upsets. Predictions on the semi finals???

Legends FC East Riverside vs CDA Slammers HB Melendez

Arsenal FC ECNL vs Fullerton Rangers White

Congrats to the final four teams!
I'm going to go with Legends Riverside, what Bryan Kuderman has been able to do with that squad as a satellite team from Legends is amazing. Yes, at points he's had some USWNT U14 talent on that squad but his core team is great and he's been able to hold onto some talented girls that are DA level and have committed to the path he has them on.

In the other match up, I'd like to see Rangers move onto the finals. Always a resilient bunch of girls who have had their ups and downs, I'd like for them to keep it going.

Would definitely be nice to see Rangers make it into the finals. Those girls have a lot of heart (not that the others don’t).

I also love that the semis are three of the bigger clubs around (Slammers, Legends, Arsenal) along with a local club like the Rangers.

The Semi's will be exciting. John Roland took over the Melendez team about 6 months ago and has them rolling. Second half of CRL and now National cup. Very tough task ahead with Riverside for sure, but I wouldn't count them all the way out.

The Semi's will be exciting. John Roland took over the Melendez team about 6 months ago and has them rolling. Second half of CRL and now National cup. Very tough task ahead with Riverside for sure, but I wouldn't count them all the way out.

Did they add any girls after the Fall season, because that’s quite a turnaround?

Prediction for the semi-finals

(Legends FC East Riverside vs CDA Slammers HB Melendez) I must go with the big dog Legends well coach and good players if they control number 14 the Slammers team may have a chance. (3-1 Legends).

(Arsenal FC ECNL vs Fullerton Rangers White) This game will be a tight game, I will give the Edge to the Rangers (2-1).

Just a fun fact and maybe a prediction for the final......
Both teams punched a ticket to the 2018 Us Youth Soccer National Championships in Texas

Legends FC 02 Academy (CA-S) (NL-B2) different coach since they are from Chino
Fullerton Rangers 02 White (CA-S) Same coach as the Fullerton Rangers 04 White

Arsenal moves on to Finals ... Amazing, game went to penalties !

This team continues to be resilient .... After 1/3rd of last years team moved on too DA, and injuries plaguing their team this season, with Two of their ODP Players sidelined

Arsenal is still finding ways to win and move on.... Arsenal has been the underdog this whole tourney but continues to dig deep

Great Fullerton Rangers team - those girls played their heart out ... great game. Today

Arsenal has a mountain to climb tomorrow - it’s been great watching these Girls overcome adversity!

Congratulations to Legends and Arsenal.
My prediction for the final
Legends 5-0
Arsenal may not have the fuel after going to Pk yesterday,but you never know.
Good luck

Back