National Cup 2017

Every tournament we've played there, the fields have been on the 'way too small' side... I understand field pressure but having girls this big and powerful on tiny fields encourages 'ugly' soccer. When the gk's can kick the ball end to end, the game is ruined. My .02.

That said, I hope you are right!
I hope so too. Our team is big and fast and does amazing on larger fields so we are hoping for good size fields as well

Every tournament we've played there, the fields have been on the 'way too small' side... I understand field pressure but having girls this big and powerful on tiny fields encourages 'ugly' soccer. When the gk's can kick the ball end to end, the game is ruined. My .02.

That said, I hope you are right!
Girls athleticism may encourage ugly soccer, but it's the coaches that succumb to allowing them to play that way. Only a handful of teams that try to play possession soccer with a purpose on the small field. It's amazing to watch the big and strong girls not just boot it but pull off combos, resets, switching, recognizing space, using skills in 1 vs 1, playing direct when it's there, but above all else teaching the girls to recognize what's there and what's not and taking advantage of what the defense gives them or forcing the defense to adjust by moving the ball.

I know everyone is dying for the big field, but it won't cure the ugly soccer that we blame the small field for.

Back