Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #10-32 Any team rest of the field

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

younothat

PREMIER
Boys 2002/15U Round 1 @ 44 - Accepted Teams:
http://cysa.affinitysoccer.com/tour...mentguid=4E762754-4F40-4C80-BB09-054D3B2BC03D

Bracket - Saturday, April 08,9,23rd, 2017. Week break between 2nd and 3rd games.
Advancing to Round 2: top place team from each Bracket and 10 Wildcards

Boys 2002/15U Round 2 @ 11 - Accepted Teams:
http://cysa.affinitysoccer.com/tour...mentguid=4E762754-4F40-4C80-BB09-054D3B2BC03D

Bracket - Saturday, April 29, 2017,30, May 6th
Advancing to Next Round: top 2 place team(s) from each Bracket

I have included a poll from the start this time since this board doesn't seem to be able to add one to a existing thread later. I just took the top 9 seeded teams. No skin in the comp or any preference, just like to see some good soccer & activity in this forum

Please vote and post up on this topic

Yeah this forum could use a boost in activity. I guess all the activity in last year's 02/03 forum came from the '03 parents...

Btw, you left off Boca Juniors in the poll above. They have to be considered one of the favorites.

West Coast and Boca Juniors have been fairly strong for most of the year. And Galaxy SD had a strong finish to the fall season. But with a lot of these kids playing high school for the first time, it'll be interesting to see how many of the players and teams adjust. From just talking to several parents, it's interesting to hear the wide range of opinions about their kids first high school experience. Some parents were pleasantly surprised and their kids had a blast playing high school. While other parents were bemoaning about the HS coaches, style of play, and the lack of playing time for their kids.

I believe there's CRL this upcoming weekend, so that will be a good indication on the current form of many of these teams.

On a side note, just from a scouting perspective I find this age group interesting. I've noticed over the years that if you track the U14 academy players, if you look at that same age group several years later at U16/U17, it looks very very different. U14 tends to have a high burn out and many of the players were ID'ed based on being early bloomers physically. So you often see the "hungry" B team players at U14 re-emerge at U16/17 levels as elite players. So even though the non-DA 2002 age group doesn't have a whole lot of sizzle right now, it's going to be fun seeing which one of these players "come out of nowhere" and play at the top levels in a few years.

I wouldn't necessarily call it burn out, Eusibio.

It's just that these boys were used to playing the old matrix with players almost a year younger. Parents naturally believed their kids were gifted (physical specimens) at that age and are now coming to realization.

I hardly seen any talent in 02 to be honest. Meh, it is what it is.

TFA4THEW!N

It's just that these boys were used to playing the old matrix with players almost a year younger. Parents naturally believed their kids were gifted (physical specimens) at that age and are now coming to realization.

I hardly seen any talent in 02 to be honest. Meh, it is what it is.

TFA4THEW!N
This is true no matter the age group, it's just that the boys born in Jan instead of August get the age effect benefit.

I disagree with you on the talent among the 02s. There are so many fantastic players in the 02 age group. There are some incredible 02s in the Galaxy academy.

To keep voters informed: WC has a new coach, Ruben Fernandez of Godinez HS.

So Wallace has been replaced?

Yeah I hear you about Boca but there where #11 seeded by CS so didn't make the cut for the poll.

Every age group is different, I've heard several people say the 02's are deeper (more players at high levels) compared to the 03's for example but maybe that's just a age thing?

Do you think the calendar year age split effected the 02's less compared to the 03's? Seem like it that might have, aome 02's stuck where there teams and played 01's to keep together.

In my humble opinion it is pretty clear that the 03 players that played 02/03 prior to the age change should be the stronger players in the 03 age groups this year because they are born in the first half of the year which for those born in January can give them almost a 1 year advantage over an 03 born in December. And on the other hand the 02's that were playing 02/03 prior the age change would be a slight disadvantage because they are born after August of 03 making them 8 to 11 months younger than some of the older 02's. 6 months makes a difference at this stage of their development especially in growth, strength, mental development and maturity.

I watched their game on Saturday, something was off maybe it was the coach, my mouth hit the ground when I heard him say "send it" repeatedly! Those boys don't play that way..

Wow who would have guessed? #1 : West Coast FC B02 Wallace, #2 : Total Futbol Academy, #3 : Strikers South Bay - 2002/BU15, #5 : Beach FC SB B02 Morataya, #6 : Albion SC B02 Academy - Garton, #9 : AC Brea B02 Red all didn't advance to the knockout rounds.

Talk about things changing, only 3 teams w/ first round byes still in the comp; #4 : LAGSB 2002 Elite, #7 : Strikers FC- South Coast B02, 8 : FC Golden State - 2002 and none of them won there group

Yeah this forum could use a boost in activity. I guess all the activity in last year's 02/03 forum came from the '03 parents...

Btw, you left off Boca Juniors in the poll above. They have to be considered one of the favorites.

West Coast and Boca Juniors have been fairly strong for most of the year. And Galaxy SD had a strong finish to the fall season. But with a lot of these kids playing high school for the first time, it'll be interesting to see how many of the players and teams adjust. From just talking to several parents, it's interesting to hear the wide range of opinions about their kids first high school experience. Some parents were pleasantly surprised and their kids had a blast playing high school. While other parents were bemoaning about the HS coaches, style of play, and the lack of playing time for their kids.

I believe there's CRL this upcoming weekend, so that will be a good indication on the current form of many of these teams.

On a side note, just from a scouting perspective I find this age group interesting. I've noticed over the years that if you track the U14 academy players, if you look at that same age group several years later at U16/U17, it looks very very different. U14 tends to have a high burn out and many of the players were ID'ed based on being early bloomers physically. So you often see the "hungry" B team players at U14 re-emerge at U16/17 levels as elite players. So even though the non-DA 2002 age group doesn't have a whole lot of sizzle right now, it's going to be fun seeing which one of these players "come out of nowhere" and play at the top levels in a few years.

(youknowthat) Only saw CS standings and did not acknowledge BOCA standings as #2 in CA!! 14 in the nation and just won National League in Vegas...Considerably #1 to win it all.....

(youknowthat) Only saw CS standings and did not acknowledge BOCA standings as #2 in CA!! 14 in the nation and just won National League in Vegas...Considerably #1 to win it all.....

Good for them. Cal South Seeded them #11 so they didn't make the poll. The poll was for the top 9 Seeded teams by Cal South. Didn't take a look anything else since this is a CS Seeded tournament, not a overall ranking comparison.

Favorites have not done well so far, most of them have been eliminated, will that continue in the knockout rounds?

It's actually fairly common to see at least one heavy-weight exit early, but it's definitely unusual to see 60-70% of the seeded teams not make it out of round 2.

Then again, the seeding was based on CRL. This year's CRL was the first after the birth-year change and it was composed of all self-selected Play-in teams. It was pretty clear early on that over half the teams in CRL were not the cream of the crop of the age. They basically just had a good weekend in June 2016. These National Cup results seem to reflect that.

Next year should be interesting. More of the CRL teams will be there based on actual long-term merit. But there still seems to be a lot of roster movement. Also clubs like Albion, Golden State, and other DA clubs might return with some strong teams since it'll be an off-year for DA 02 players. So it's possible CRL and National Cup could be very unpredictable again this upcoming season.

whom ever created this poll has no clue on this age group and to use CS seeding just shows it even more. Boca jrs
has been one of the very few if not the only team that has been consistent (Not winning all but consistent).
CS seeding to choose your favorite?? Really??
Does anybody know who won National Cup in the B2005 age group?
It was The team which according to CS was ranked #36 out of 36 teams....almost everyone in that age group knew it they were the favorites.
it makes for good conversation but put some more thought into it .

Back