Modern TV for the futbol fan-options?

We've been lumbering along with UVerse since the sports package gave us all the EPL, La Liga, etc games we wanted. But the time has come for some sort of $witch. What other options, cutting the cord or otherwise, are working for people? Its a complex landscape out there.

As long as you've got BeIn Sports and Fox Soccer Plus, just go with the least expensive. We've bundled DirecTv with AT&T.

BeIn Sports gives you La Liga, League 1 (France) and Serie A.
Fox Sports gives you Bundesliga, Champions League, Europa League, etc.
NBC Sports gives you EPL. You also get Men In Blazers show (one of my favorite shows during the league season).

Between those three channels, I get more than enough Football during the season.

I have Dish and am very happy with them. Had Directv for many years prior to Dish.

Consider which carriers have the online content included in your TV package.

I have DirecTV with a sports package. One thing lacking is ESPN online and maybe Fox, too. I watch several EPL games each season on NBC Sports Extra (on line) and miss some champions league games because I can't get the Fox package on-line. I suspect that other carriers may have Fox Sports content available to subscribers online, and I know that ESPN does. I haven't investigated, however. I pay too much already!!

An added benefit to having satellite is that it can be portable if you have an RV.

One huge benefit I have with Dish is the Dish Anywhere app. I have the ability to use my phone or iPad as the tv when I am not home. In other words, I can watch anything I subscribe to from my phone. Really helps during the Champions League. I can watch those games live from my office since they are played during the day on the West Coast.

Another positive with this app is that I can watch shows from my DVR when I am at practice with the dd.

I wouldn't be surprised if other carriers have the same type of app. I have not done any research on other providers since I switched to Dish.

Thanks to all for advice. So, for those with DirecTV/ATT, do you find you have to keep pestering them for "promotions" to keep rates down? That's one thing that's driven me absolutely batty about UVERSE. With Dish, it looks like with the 169+ plan you'd get NBC SN, BeIn Sport, and the Fox channels. Maybe with the flex packaging there is a cheaper way; have to look at that closer. The two year commitment does not sound appealing, but the rate guarantee over that time offsets it. Do the rates jack up after the two years? I see they have a form of wireless access point for adding on TVs off the tuner. Anybody using those, and, if so, is that working well?

Any cord cutting streamers out there? Looks like with Sling Blue could get quite a few games.

After the Olympics, we are heading to Sling. Will report back how it works for us as Bundesliga, Serie A and EPL play nonstop on our kitchen tv. We were cable cutters for 8 years and then the big dog cable companies figured it out. Cut us off of world cup, Olympics and EPL. Forcing us to go back to cable. Now, hoping Sling is the answer. Or at least half the answer.

Back