Membership Applications for 2018-2019

Not contradicting you, but in an email today, DA said they’d announce officially on Friday and will post then. Sounds like some clubs have been notified in advance of the press release.

Congrats to TFA, much deserving of the expansion USSDA finally got one right. Over the years they have consistently displayed the best soccer and developed players at an astonishing rate. Their 06 group is a special one and the best team in the age group. I have seen them play and its beautiful to see their style of play and their dominance over opponents. Their coach has to be one of the best around, wouldn't mind my son playing for him . Pretty sure LAFC and Galaxy not to thrilled they got the expansion , what does this mean for these MLS clubs ? What does Galaxy do now that they cant count on TFA players coming to them? What does LAFC do ? lets see how TFA impacts these clubs?

Congrats to TFA, much deserving of the expansion USSDA finally got one right. Over the years they have consistently displayed the best soccer and developed players at an astonishing rate. Their 06 group is a special one and the best team in the age group. I have seen them play and its beautiful to see their style of play and their dominance over opponents. Their coach has to be one of the best around, wouldn't mind my son playing for him . Pretty sure LAFC and Galaxy not to thrilled they got the expansion , what does this mean for these MLS clubs ? What does Galaxy do now that they cant count on TFA players coming to them? What does LAFC do ? lets see how TFA impacts these clubs?

While I agree it is much deserved, to say they have showed dominance over their opponents isn't accurate. The 06 team is very good but they aren't the best team in the age group. Their top 06 team lost to Legends this year, I believe. And this won't affect the MLS teams at all. They will still get their pick of players. And keep in mind, this is only for U12-U14. TFA still has crappy fields and is really unorganized. One day you could show up for a practice and learn it's canceled because someone has the fields. That's just reality. Again, it's only 3 age groups and it won't change the mass exodus of younger players to the MLS clubs unless TFA gets olders, and that won't happen. The only team this hurts will be LAUFA. Just my two cents.

LOL !!! Im sure MLS clubs are shaking in their boots. TFA is a good club, however the impact wont be as significant as you appear to make it.

LAFC and LAG should be thrilled that TFA were approved. This means at least two more competitive games per season for them. And they will just recruit those players at the U15 level now, after puberty is in full swing and you have a better idea of a player’s growth and potential.

In response to asking about the promised March 2nd press release of who will have a U13 club...
Take it for whatever you want... just sharing the info. Not saying your club is or isn't telling the truth. We all know our club would never fudge the truth in order to keep players.
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 11.42.10 AM.png

Any additional update on when US Soccer is going make these announcements?
I was told 3 days ago that it would be yesterday or today. Yesterday, they were active in announcing the schedule for the Summer Showcase. I am hoping today they are active in announcing clubs. I have also been told that no clubs have been notified in advance.

There is some restructuring going on and new discovery divisions proposed so we might be in for a bit of a surprise

Don't want to steal the announcement's thunder, but I'm not sure anybody knows all the details yet but I think the clubs and everybody will need some time to digest the changes coming.

Back