Megan-Rapinoe - media ho

It will be interesting to see if she takes this stance when she is playing for the national team. If she does, how will Gulati handle it. Funny how Solo expressed her personnel opinion and was suspended. Not that I agree with both of their behavior. Both should step aside and allow players who are proud to represent their country, in a positive way and are truly better role models for aspiring soccer players.

I don't agree with either of them doing this during the national anthem. But it's their right. Just like its my right to not watch 49er games and stop liking Rapinoe as a player.

But I don't understand the correlation between Kaepernicks cause and Rapinoes.

Kap is protesting police brutality against black people, right?
A very complex topic with more questions than answers.

Rapinoe is protesting treatment of gay people?
Has a lesbian ever been pulled over by a cop and shot because they looked suspicious?
Have gay people had to use seperate drinking fountains? Or bathrooms? (Maybe the whole Target gender bathroom situation can be discussed here?).
Rights for gay people were kinda messed up for a while. The company I work for didn't recognize domestic partners for benefits until about 10 years ago. And I know several gay men and women that still worked there. But I don't recall much of a push for these things until very recently. And as soon as media coverage got involved, it seems that our country (most states anyway) have evolved relatively quickly.

They should be able to say and protest whatever cause they want. I just don't think it should be done during the National Anthem.
Or they could go and play their sport in some other country.

I think that if Megan really wants to be brave and take a stand, she needs to resign her position on the US Women's National Team.
This would make a real statement.

I don't agree with either of them doing this during the national anthem. But it's their right. Just like its my right to not watch 49er games and stop liking Rapinoe as a player.

Has a lesbian ever been pulled over by a cop and shot because they looked suspicious?
Have gay people had to use seperate drinking fountains? Or bathrooms? (Maybe the whole Target gender bathroom situation can be discussed here?).
Rights for gay people were kinda messed up for a while. The company I work for didn't recognize domestic partners for benefits until about 10 years ago. And I know several gay men and women that still worked there. But I don't recall much of a push for these things until very recently. And as soon as media coverage got involved, it seems that our country (most states anyway) have evolved relatively quickly.

They should be able to say and protest whatever cause they want. I just don't think it should be done during the National Anthem.

Why is the National Anthem played at sporting events anyway?

Because it's the best song ever.
Nothing better than hearing that song followed by a USAF flyover.

It's better than God Bless America, but not as good as America the Beautiful or Stars and Stripes Forever.

Since I can see you are not being serious, I have a non-serious suggestion of my own. Why not play the California State Anthem?

There's a California anthem? Who knew?
I didn't grow up here. But I don't think there's a Michigan anthem either. Aside from maybe the MSU fight song. On the banks of the Red Cedar....

Are you posting a white female soccer player can't actually support Kaps cause, nothing more nothing less?

He has the right to protest, just like the white hicks in the south....are allowed to waive their confederate flags.

Last edited:
Are you posting a white female soccer player can't actually support Kaps cause, nothing more nothing less?

He has the right to protest, just like the white hicks in the south....are allowed to waive their confederate flags.
Why bring race into an anti American protest?
Caper-neck is doing it because his girlfriend has his pecker on call, and Rapinoe is trying desperately to remain relevant in the twilight of her career.
Both at the expense of the country that gave them relevance.

Back