Manchester City Cup

SJ Earthquakes will have 13 of the 16 girls from the DeAnza '04 team and a few others they added. It will be interesting how things play out with all the changes. Looking forward to it.

SJ Earthquakes will have 13 of the 16 girls from the DeAnza '04 team and a few others they added. It will be interesting how things play out with all the changes. Looking forward to it.

I heard 3 Slammers 04 DA guesting. 2 from the old Slammers CDA, and 1 Surf. If it's the #3 from Surf and the 2 defenders from CDA that is a great trio to guest.

A lot of great SoCal teams missing. No, Blues, No West Coast, No Strikers, No Legends, No Arsenal, No Slammers, No Beach, No Carlsbad.
Anyone know why all of these clubs aren't playing?
This is normally used as a Surf Cup qualifier. Best teams already qualifed. Distance, cost, Legends Cup all factors.

Anyone know how the Surf v Notts game ended? I was walking away and thought I saw a surf goal. Then heard more cheering moments later.

Last edited:
Anyone know how the Surf v Notts game ended? I was walking away and thought I saw a surf goal. Then heard more cheering moments later.

Final: Surf 1-1 Notts

I only caught the last bit of the second half but Surf was putting constant pressure on Notts. Surf thought they had a goal at the end to go up 2-1 but the Notts goalie was able to cover it before it crossed the line.

The most interesting team this I saw this weekend was PSV Union (all- girls club out of Northern Calif.) This was the first time I have seen them play but they are a very good team.

I am not sure they have enough to beat San Jose tomorrow but they were the second most impressive team I saw this weekend behind San Jose.

Also kudos to the grounds crew--fields were in fantastic condition!

Final: Surf 1-1 Notts

I only caught the last bit of the second half but Surf was putting constant pressure on Notts. Surf thought they had a goal at the end to go up 2-1 but the Notts goalie was able to cover it before it crossed the line.

Is their coach the Sockers coach or is Banks coaching them? I caught a Sockers game in Ontario this winter and really liked their set pieces.

The most interesting team this I saw this weekend was PSV Union (all- girls club out of Northern Calif.) This was the first time I have seen them play but they are a very good team.

I am not sure they have enough to beat San Jose tomorrow but they were the second most impressive team I saw this weekend behind San Jose.

Also kudos to the grounds crew--fields were in fantastic condition!
They played without a full time goalie this morning, was that the case the whole tournament?

Back