LV Players College Showcase

the boys list is up, but still no update for girls teams. i wonder if teams have been receiving notifications while the list get finalized? has anyone received any info during the past week??

I cannot even locate the boys list, is it on the Main page? And we have not heard anything other than the postponement of the announcement.

Girls list was just posted. 630 teams!!
I thought this tournament was supposed to be somewhat selective. Looking at the U15G group alone, it's obviously not the case. (11) Slammers teams from Cal South? Legends-SanDiego, huh? Talk about watered down, overly expensive and overrated. What a joke!

I thought this tournament was supposed to be somewhat selective. Looking at the U15G group alone, it's obviously not the case. (11) Slammers teams from Cal South? Legends-SanDiego, huh? Talk about watered down, overly expensive and overrated. What a joke!
This will be our 3rd year at this. I agree it is expensive and 75% of the games will be against another CalSouth team. Unless you are top 3 flights, you will be at some random locations, and will need to work hard to get your coaches to come watch. Drive home will be a nightmare. However, if planned right, this could be a great trip for the girls before National Cup, with them coming back from HS. The games are spread out, allowing plenty of time before, between and after for activities. We always keep the kids off the strip. I only wish they do the accepted list sooner to allow more time to look/book/plan.

This will be our 3rd year at this. I agree it is expensive and 75% of the games will be against another CalSouth team. Unless you are top 3 flights, you will be at some random locations, and will need to work hard to get your coaches to come watch. Drive home will be a nightmare. However, if planned right, this could be a great trip for the girls before National Cup, with them coming back from HS. The games are spread out, allowing plenty of time before, between and after for activities. We always keep the kids off the strip. I only wish they do the accepted list sooner to allow more time to look/book/plan.
SSM, I've posted this before, but it bears repeating. Do yourself a favor and stay in Vegas on Sun night too. Get up early on Monday and take your player straight to school. We have "late start" Mondays (9:10am) so it works out really well for us. Mandalay Bay to Yorba Linda in 3hr 35mins with 0 traffic. Sunday rates in Vegas are way less, and we can enjoy a leisurely, carefree night on the town, eating the stuff that she was prohibited to eat on Fri and Sat, and taking in a show. We usually end up going to Mandalay Bay for crab leg buffet, and then to Joe's Crab at Caesars for Havana Dream Pie. Last year we did the zip line at the Rio that runs between their buildings. Life long memories. Enjoy.

SSM, I've posted this before, but it bears repeating. Do yourself a favor and stay in Vegas on Sun night too. Get up early on Monday and take your player straight to school. We have "late start" Mondays (9:10am) so it works out really well for us. Mandalay Bay to Yorba Linda in 3hr 35mins with 0 traffic. Sunday rates in Vegas are way less, and we can enjoy a leisurely, carefree night on the town, eating the stuff that she was prohibited to eat on Fri and Sat, and taking in a show. We usually end up going to Mandalay Bay for crab leg buffet, and then to Joe's Crab at Caesars for Havana Dream Pie. Last year we did the zip line at the Rio that runs between their buildings. Life long memories. Enjoy.
We rent homes last 3 yrs. Cost per player for lodging and food was no more than $150 for the weekend. We booked flights with SWA for $160 RT but might consider staying extra night if driving. My kids are lucky they stay on the strip 3-4 times a year so they have hit all the buffets and seen all they want for now.

It may be 2 months away, but considering ALL that is going on in Vegas at the same time, it pays to plan farther ahead. Just get the damn information out. What's so difficult about that. Who cares if there's a team listed that ends up getting dropped. The only people that care about an "incomplete" list are the ones who don't make the list.

Yes, it does pay to plan further ahead, we applied almost 7 months ago, were accepted, hotels booked and ready to go. If you waited until recently to apply, it takes time more time with now over 1100 teams. You can always call Saeed direct if it's not fast enough for you .... I'm sure he'd be thrilled to get your feed back that he's not moving fast enough for you.

Yes, it does pay to plan further ahead, we applied almost 7 months ago, were accepted, hotels booked and ready to go. If you waited until recently to apply, it takes time more time with now over 1100 teams. You can always call Saeed direct if it's not fast enough for you .... I'm sure he'd be thrilled to get your feed back that he's not moving fast enough for you.
not everyone pay with cc, some of us entered early enough to pay by check to avoid the fee :)
Good for you OL. I'm sure our manager applied long ago as well. Only certain teams got early acceptance notification, like yours. I also respect Saeed and what it takes for any tournament director to put these things together. But, this isn't this tournaments 1st year. It would be nice, given ALL that goes on at the same time out in LV as this tournament, that the acceptance notifications wouldn't be limited to the select few.

Good for you OL. I'm sure our manager applied long ago as well. Only certain teams got early acceptance notification, like yours. I also respect Saeed and what it takes for any tournament director to put these things together. But, this isn't this tournaments 1st year. It would be nice, given ALL that goes on at the same time out in LV as this tournament, that the acceptance notifications wouldn't be limited to the select few.

:rolleyes:, this was our 3rd year, that's why it was received early and accepted early, I don't know when your team applied or if they were accepted as of today however, Saeed is pretty upfront if it doesn't look like a team will get in, all the mgr has to do is ask. Since I've seen how this tournament works for multiple teams over the years, I'd have to say it's probably one of, if not, the best tournament on the western half of the US. If your mgr applied early, he would have know pretty fast if it was/is going to happen for your team. While some teams are probably not the highest ranked, my guess is, their club is bringing multiple teams, best of luck and hope you get in

Back