Looking for Thanksgiving Camp - Any recommendations?

JJ_Soccer

BRONZE
I'm looking for any recommendations for the coming Thanksgiving around Orange County (or surrounding area) for my '06 DD. TIA

if its anything like last year , just go to a lot of tryouts and save your money!!!

My boys like Burgi’s camps, too.

DD has done the Blues Thanksgiving camps, and they have been fun and very good.
http://www.scblues.com/ It says birth year 2012-04, but if memory serves, at least at the ones we did it seemed to be a lot of 07’s-ish and younger. Don’t quote me, but I’d say very popular with the littles.

Enjoy Thanksgiving with your daughter instead.
Fortnite/PS4 & Cell Phone all day along with 50 daily trips to the fridge and cupboards - no thanks. playoffs still going on for some of us. some of us still work during most of the holiday week. my kids teammates, friends from school and surrounding areas go to Burgi camps as well. Also cool when they meet new kids and see them later at a tournament or during league games.

Right and none of you are driven soccer parents. Not buying it... like at all lol.

Take your kid to the park yourself... throw the ball for them... set up pick up game... you know play with them. Take some time off...

Oh im sure all the excuses will come why it is you all cant.... and there is absolutely nothing you can do constructively with your kids but ... yet sign them up for another camp.

Is it the bragging rights around the water fountain at work.... the glory of a soccer scholarship... the mispent youth of your childhood?

Its easy to get caught up in all this... the higher your kid goes... the more off balance life becomes for your kid and family.

But yet im sure we will all hear that all is perfect with sally or johnny... but facts are its the parents on the forum here asking about camps during Thanksgiving... that says it all.

We don't do soccer on Thanksgiving- But there are plenty of tournaments and camps to go around. Until the demand dries up, they aren't going away.
And you have teams travelling down to San Diego to play the day after Thanksgiving. From as far away as Colorado on the girls side, And Guatemala on the boys side- For U12.
And I see teams from Montana and New Mexico on the olders side. That's not an easy trip to Del Mar.

Good luck to all that are in tournaments or doing a camp.

Right and none of you are driven soccer parents. Not buying it... like at all lol.

Take your kid to the park yourself... throw the ball for them... set up pick up game... you know play with them. Take some time off...

Oh im sure all the excuses will come why it is you all cant.... and there is absolutely nothing you can do constructively with your kids but ... yet sign them up for another camp.

Is it the bragging rights around the water fountain at work.... the glory of a soccer scholarship... the mispent youth of your childhood?

Its easy to get caught up in all this... the higher your kid goes... the more off balance life becomes for your kid and family.

But yet im sure we will all hear that all is perfect with sally or johnny... but facts are its the parents on the forum here asking about camps during Thanksgiving... that says it all.

Too easy to pick apart. You assume too much. Gloss over what others have said - especially the fact no actual camps are happening on Thanksgiving.

Back