Looking for feedback on westside coaches/teams (Encino to South Bay)

Footbollah, perhaps I can help refresh your memory...

In one of your previous posts regarding the West Side Breakers, FCLA and FC England you wrote " Breakers is OK, but it's small, has a worn out field space, and fees are high despite not having assistants"..." FCLA (overly-involved parents can be a problem, and they always seem to keep one hand on your checkbook"..."FC England (maybe, if one of their 3 teams per gender matches your kid's age)), you still might not find a decent coach within that club. The few coaches I've liked are not coaching my kids' age group."

Therefore you clearly know the landscape and had shopped at most of the west side clubs long before you started this thread. And given that your kid goes to school down the street from the largest and most all encompassing youth soccer club in the area (Real SoCal) your post stands out as a bit contrived in that you don't seem to have availed yourself of the biggest club's proximity. But maybe I am missing something.

I was told Breakers caps the number of players on a team (not sure if that's a coach cap or a club cap). If nobody is leaving, your kid has to be sufficiently better than another player to justify knocking out another player. Coach said there were 1, maybe 2 spots, and there were 15 trying out, all very good. Mathematically, someone's going to get rejected.
You've just gotten a taste of the SMU vs. Breakers crosstown rivalry. Disregard what soccerobserver says about the Breakers.

With all the hodge podge of leagues, teams rising and falling, parent confusion, arcane rules, numerous trainers out there, someone might make real money as a "soccer placement consultant". :confused: Hey, they have them for college placement.

Back