Legends Classic Schedule

Hoping the schedule gets changed. Not sure how teams who didn’t advance in National Cup are ranked higher and flighted higher than us. Is GOTSOCCER even accurate anymore?
I think some people might be upset if we play flight two. Myself included.

Hoping the schedule gets changed. Not sure how teams who didn’t advance in National Cup are ranked higher and flighted higher than us. Is GOTSOCCER even accurate anymore?
If you take the rankings, unbalanced as they are, that still puts your girls ranked higher than 6 of the teams in Flight 1, plus another 3 teams that created new GotSoccer accounts and aren't ranked.

Flight 1 Brackets - As Is

Group A
Legends FC - SGV
OC Surf - D. Swanson
SD Force FC
SC Blues - Holley

Group B
Beach FC - SB
CDA Slammers HB
CZ Elite
Legends Pre-Academy

Group C
Valencia FC
Legends Gold
Rebels
SDSC

Group D
Legends FC
Murrieta Surf - Pre-Academy
Slammers FC - Reserve II
Strikers North

It's easy to see just using the eye test which teams need are questionable in Flight 1.

In Group A, the unknown is Legends SGV, made up from players that Carlos Guerrero brought over from FC Golden State, you have to assume he'll get them playing some good soccer, but what level are they at right now out of the gate.

In Group B, CDA Slammers HB is just beginning to make the transition to Flight 1 but doesn't have the track record as Legends South.

In Group C, Valencia and Legends Gold are mid table Flight 2 teams based on their resumes.

In Group D, Slammers FC - Reserve could easily be swapped out for Legends South.

There are other teams that are on the fence but at the very least can put up an argument as to why they should be in Flight 1. I have to imagine Jenny can make a call and have them switch things up. The team from Arizona, Sereno is traveling a long ways to play Flight 2 as well.

Flight 1 Brackets - As Is

Group A
Legends FC - SGV
OC Surf - D. Swanson
SD Force FC
SC Blues - Holley

Group B
Beach FC - SB
CDA Slammers HB
CZ Elite
Legends Pre-Academy

Group C
Valencia FC
Legends Gold
Rebels
SDSC

Group D
Legends FC
Murrieta Surf - Pre-Academy
Slammers FC - Reserve II
Strikers North

It's easy to see just using the eye test which teams need are questionable in Flight 1.

In Group A, the unknown is Legends SGV, made up from players that Carlos Guerrero brought over from FC Golden State, you have to assume he'll get them playing some good soccer, but what level are they at right now out of the gate.

In Group B, CDA Slammers HB is just beginning to make the transition to Flight 1 but doesn't have the track record as Legends South.

In Group C, Valencia and Legends Gold are mid table Flight 2 teams based on their resumes.

In Group D, Slammers FC - Reserve could easily be swapped out for Legends South.

There are other teams that are on the fence but at the very least can put up an argument as to why they should be in Flight 1. I have to imagine Jenny can make a call and have them switch things up. The team from Arizona, Sereno is traveling a long ways to play Flight 2 as well.
Clearly Legends South should be in the top flight of this tournament. Heck of a team with a nice run at National Cup. Very odd that they weren't properly placed (in a Legends tournament). But I am a little confused on the comments above...isn't Legends SGV basically a SCDSL flight 1 team from last year (just at a different club this year)? Wasn't CDA a SCDSL flight 1 team last year, beating Surf B in National Cup? Both those teams played National Cup and I would imagine both want to be in the top flight too (not saying they should make it over Legends South, just saying they likely wouldn't want to be moved down). I am not sure what this Slammers team is. I know their top team over there should be very good this year, but do you know which team this is?

Clearly Legends South should be in the top flight of this tournament. Heck of a team with a nice run at National Cup. Very odd that they weren't properly placed (in a Legends tournament). But I am a little confused on the comments above...isn't Legends SGV basically a SCDSL flight 1 team from last year (just at a different club this year)? Wasn't CDA a SCDSL flight 1 team last year, beating Surf B in National Cup? Both those teams played National Cup and I would imagine both want to be in the top flight too (not saying they should make it over Legends South, just saying they likely wouldn't want to be moved down). I am not sure what this Slammers team is. I know their top team over there should be very good this year, but do you know which team this is?
Good catch on CDA, I looked up another CDA squad.

However with Legends SGV, it's not entirely the same squad but I can respect them to continue pushing forward against Flight 1 competition.

Schedule hasn't changed, but it looks like Legends South will get some good competition in group play at MC cup the following weekend.

Is Murrieta Surf a part of the new OC Surf group?

"Pre-Academy"?
It would be interesting to see how many affiliates really push their kids towards the "true" Academy team.

From what I've been able to see Beach FC has done a good job of promoting both programs, Long Beach and South Bay, and bringing those kids together at the DA level.

My youngest plays at IE Surf, and in the past San Diego Surf has reached out to us when they put together "Affiliate Teams" together for some of their tournaments, Man City, Surf Cup, Surf Challenge to allow those kids the opportunity to get showcased on a combo team, i.e. Murrieta, Anaheim (At the time), IE Surf, etc.

It would be interesting to see how many affiliates really push their kids towards the "true" Academy team.

From what I've been able to see Beach FC has done a good job of promoting both programs, Long Beach and South Bay, and bringing those kids together at the DA level.

LAFC Slammers also did a good job of taking players from "Slammers Proper" and CDA Slammers.

Legends has primarily been the North program feeding their DA teams, with Riverside players being within distance and Legends South has occasionally thrown players that way as well prior to DA.

Back