League Play 06

I now see how that could work per SCDSL rules and the aforementioned info by S21. But it’s the DPL rules that create a grey area and are open for interpretation.
Doesn’t Cal South govern both leagues? If so, isn’t it also against Cal South rules to play two games in one day it two separate leagues?

Doesn’t Cal South govern both leagues? If so, isn’t it also against Cal South rules to play two games in one day it two separate leagues?
DPL rules do allow teams to participate in non DPL games as long as they don’t interfere. Both leagues do not allow players to compete in two games. It looks Legends has that sorted out if the games coincide. Though DPL is suppose to adhere to DA rules.

I have been wondering which “pre-academy team” will show up to play my dd’s team in October since the schedule shows their DPL game is at the same time.

Not sure if I missed it in another post, but are Beach Perez and Legends Pre-Academy playing in both DPL & SCDSL?
Beach decided to have a playoff game between Beach Perez and Beach South Bay to decide who goes to DPL. Beach Perez was up 1-0 and in control for the majority of the game until Beach SB tied the game after a miscommunication with a defender and the goalie led to the equalizer with a few minutes left in the game. Beach SB won in pks, which is why you don’t see Beach Perez in the DPL league.

Beach decided to have a playoff game between Beach Perez and Beach South Bay to decide who goes to DPL. Beach Perez was up 1-0 and in control for the majority of the game until Beach SB tied the game after a miscommunication with a defender and the goalie led to the equalizer with a few minutes left in the game. Beach SB won in pks, which is why you don’t see Beach Perez in the DPL league.
Do you disagree with how this was handled by the Club?

So the winner of this game potentially would have to travel to Arizona for DPL league games instead of playing in mostly local SCDSL games? If I were a parent on the team, I probably would've secretly rooted for our team to lose :).

So the winner of this game potentially would have to travel to Arizona for DPL league games instead of playing in mostly local SCDSL games? If I were a parent on the team, I probably would've secretly rooted for our team to lose :).
That’s one way of looking at it.....another is the opportunity to play above average competition week in and week out in critical stages of player development.

@Socalsoccer ....don’t take it all so seriously. We were all cautious of what we wished for but to play teams like Galaxy, Real Socal, Surf, Legends and Albion who have been perennial powerhouse teams is a blessing IMHO. Do you mark posts “dumb” when they talk about enjoying the level of competition in ECNL at this Age Group?

They’re going to play above average competition week in and week out regardless. It’s a joke on both sides. ECNL and DPL teams traveling to beat teams 5-0. We’d all much rather be playing the same local top 10 teams over and over as opposed to spending the money traveling to embarrass some other states number 1 glorified AYSO team. For the bottom teams in dpl and ECNL i’m Sure it’s worth it. For the rest of us, it’s BS. Legends not playing Blues, Galaxy not playing Slammers. It’s an injustice to these kids and our wallets. Take the real top 5 teams and just let them play each other all year. Save me a couple grand in traveling expenses. Congrats to Beach SB on the win but don’t try and pretend like Beach Perez is missing out on player development. All the OP meant was they would rather save the money than travel to play a sub par team. But you knew that. Over here trying to spread your cup half full Nonsense.

They’re going to play above average competition week in and week out regardless. It’s a joke on both sides. ECNL and DPL teams traveling to beat teams 5-0. We’d all much rather be playing the same local top 10 teams over and over as opposed to spending the money traveling to embarrass some other states number 1 glorified AYSO team. For the bottom teams in dpl and ECNL i’m Sure it’s worth it. For the rest of us, it’s BS. Legends not playing Blues, Galaxy not playing Slammers. It’s an injustice to these kids and our wallets. Take the real top 5 teams and just let them play each other all year. Save me a couple grand in traveling expenses. Congrats to Beach SB on the win but don’t try and pretend like Beach Perez is missing out on player development. All the OP meant was they would rather save the money than travel to play a sub par team. But you knew that. Over here trying to spread your cup half full Nonsense.
Sounds more like your beef is that all teams aren’t in the same league...to that, I will agree.

Never said they were missing out, they are in CRL playing some top notch teams and in a club that does develop players. They aren’t missing out on anything. Your words, not mine.

It is is “dumb” to make the best of a situation than call me an idiot! But have the decency to to meet me first, you’ll quickly learn I’m a realist.

Do you disagree with how this was handled by the Club?
I don’t agree with how it was handled. Every other club selected their top team to participate. Both Beach teams are talented, but there was clearly a more dominant team on the field that day. With that being said I wish Beach SB luck in DPL. They have some talented players. (Sorry for the double post, my initial post got cut off).

LMAO, that’s a good way of looking at it. No comment on who I was secretly rooting for.

I don’t agree with how it was handled. Every other club selected their top team to participate. Both Beach teams are talented, but there was clearly a more dominant team on the field that day. With that being said I wish Beach SB luck in DPL. They have some talented players. (Sorry for the double post, my initial post got cut off).
It’s perfectly fine for us to agree to disagree as we have different perspectives on the game that day. Beach was a very unique position having two top teams from neighboring regions unlike any other club. Most other clubs combine teams for their pre-Academy or DPL beach does not do that at u12. I think they handled it properly.....let the players determine the outcome.

Last edited:
It’s perfectly fine for us to agree to disagree as we have different perspectives on the game that day. Beach was a very unique position having two top teams from neighboring regions unlike any other club. Most other clubs combine teams for their pre-Academy or DPL beach does not do that at u12. I think they handled it properly.....let the players determine the outcome.
We will have to agree to disagree. Let the play on the field determine which team plays in which league. Especially in a game where one side was obviously stronger. Doing spur of the moment pk’s and telling the girls that the pk’s are meaningless and just for fun was not right. Good luck this season.

Back