LAFC & Slammers FC Status

Believe me, I was pushing him to finish out the season with his CSL team. It looks very bad that we (or any player) bailed out halfway through the season.

Basically what happened was my son is a goalkeeper, and as you know, keepers are hard to come by. My son's private keeper coach knew the DA coach. The DA coach mentioned to the trainer that he was looking for a new 2nd keeper. The trainer said he's training my son and the coach invited him for a tryout. They liked him and offered him a spot. We asked if he can finish out the season with his team and they basically said take it or leave it, and if we take it to say your good byes to his team that coming weekend. I reminded my son of the backlash he'll get and he was fine with it. So we went for it. Again, I rather had him finish out the season.

As for the CSL coach not being happy, that's just the type of coach he is. He had 2 teams; an A team and a B team. My son was on the B team but was supposed to be on the A team, but you know how politics work on teams. He was more important of looking good for himself so when we left, the B team didn't do so good (being the only keeper) so he looked bad and he didn't like that.

So now he is the B player on the DA team?

Any new developments with this?? "Enquiring Minds Want to Know"..... (I'm asking about the LAFC Slammers moving to LA and Slammers having only 1 ECNL team in each age group).

Any new developments with this?? "Enquiring Minds Want to Know"..... (I'm asking about the LAFC Slammers moving to LA and Slammers having only 1 ECNL team in each age group).

Dead slammers not moving to LA and LAFC going in a different direction for the women. Their not really interested in girls programing so Slammers going to be on there own at some point unless they find another affiliate or partner.

Dead slammers not moving to LA and LAFC going in a different direction for the women. Their not really interested in girls programing so Slammers going to be on there own at some point unless they find another affiliate or partner.
Spoke to teammate who is at LAFC. He mentioned they have no plans for a girl side in LA. They were in talks with Barcelona in co-owning a NWSL side but that fell apart and has been shelved. One reason for the halt came down to what colors the team would wear. :oops:

Knowing many close to Slammers, I've heard nothing outside someday LAFC can decide not to lend the name anymore. I'd not be suprised, Galaxy pulled out. But hey, crazier things have happened!

Still 2 ECNL teams. Name? Maybe it's less complicated than that?

Slammers ECNL and CDA Slammers ECNL?

Spoke to teammate who is at LAFC. He mentioned they have no plans for a girl side in LA. They were in talks with Barcelona in co-owning a NWSL side but that fell apart and has been shelved. One reason for the halt came down to what colors the team would wear. :oops:
My understanding is it was about Nike (Barca and NWSL) v. Adidas (LAFC and MLS) and the contractual commitments and branding/marketing strategy, rather than the the colors per se.

My understanding is it was about Nike (Barca and NWSL) v. Adidas (LAFC and MLS) and the contractual commitments and branding/marketing strategy, rather than the the colors per se.

Potential to partner with one of the most famous clubs in the world known for its attractive style of play and developing talent, scuppered by contractual commitments and branding/marketing strategy conflicts? Sad.

That’s correct. I mentioned colors because it’s such a trival point, but one LAFC was adamant about. It was mentioned as more of a joke to show how silly it all was.

Knowing many close to Slammers, I've heard nothing outside someday LAFC can decide not to lend the name anymore. I'd not be suprised, Galaxy pulled out. But hey, crazier things have happened!

Still 2 ECNL teams. Name? Maybe it's less complicated than that?

Slammers ECNL and CDA Slammers ECNL?
True... Galaxy did do it. CDA is different from Slammers to my understanding. CDA teams/cluba ares affiliate/satellites to Slammers Newport but like you said crazier things have happened in club soccer...

As I understand it most if not all of the overseas pro team and youth club affiliations have nothing to do with a direct relationship between the clubs but a relationship through a common kit sponsor.

So... shapes, not colors.

$$$, marketing, and branding are huge nowadays.

LAFC is black, gold, white with a big Adidas deal,. Barcelona not so much. Can't image LAFC wanting to wear Barcelona colors or playing with their uniforms so what might seem small is actually huge involving millions.

True... Galaxy did do it. CDA is different from Slammers to my understanding. CDA teams/cluba ares affiliate/satellites to Slammers Newport but like you said crazier things have happened in club soccer...
Affiliates, yet larger in scale and with some good teams. Heck, there are even some CDA coaches coaching ECNL teams now. You just never know!

Affiliates, yet larger in scale and with some good teams. Heck, there are even some CDA coaches coaching ECNL teams now. You just never know!

That just shows that CDA has more to lose by LAFC leaving ECNL than anyone. But that is at their own hand. They use tricks of the trade instead of actually learning the trade. It's no wonder they act like the step-child because they do nothing to outgrow that rep. Everything always feels like a hustle. So instead of preparing for LAFC to leave and starting to look like an ECNL club, they put their effort toward recycling coaches from branch to branch until the same issues appear again, sell the dream earlier and harder every year to the parents of 7yr olds. I've always heard it was a 5-year deal which would be another year. What the give away will be is when uniforms come out this year. If they justify rolling out all-black uniforms with a dark maroon number on the back, with no white alternate and swindle Yokohama again then they will feel safe. If here them trumpet going classic with maroon and white then LAFC has a foot out the door. If you are a CDA supporter dont fear...I'm sure there is another exclusive, premier, elite, pre-academy summer league where TGS handles the schedule, there is no apparel with a slammers logo for sale (dont want to pay newport) with 3 out of 4 teams in each bracket wearing Slammers that is so exclusive and attended by so many college coaches that they actually dont have to worry about manipulating the schedule so a slammers team wins.

But hey 2019 #1 ECNL Club or whatever....and that is what really matters lol

That just shows that CDA has more to lose by LAFC leaving ECNL than anyone. But that is at their own hand. They use tricks of the trade instead of actually learning the trade. It's no wonder they act like the step-child because they do nothing to outgrow that rep. Everything always feels like a hustle. So instead of preparing for LAFC to leave and starting to look like an ECNL club, they put their effort toward recycling coaches from branch to branch until the same issues appear again, sell the dream earlier and harder every year to the parents of 7yr olds. I've always heard it was a 5-year deal which would be another year. What the give away will be is when uniforms come out this year. If they justify rolling out all-black uniforms with a dark maroon number on the back, with no white alternate and swindle Yokohama again then they will feel safe. If here them trumpet going classic with maroon and white then LAFC has a foot out the door. If you are a CDA supporter dont fear...I'm sure there is another exclusive, premier, elite, pre-academy summer league where TGS handles the schedule, there is no apparel with a slammers logo for sale (dont want to pay newport) with 3 out of 4 teams in each bracket wearing Slammers that is so exclusive and attended by so many college coaches that they actually dont have to worry about manipulating the schedule so a slammers team wins.

But hey 2019 #1 ECNL Club or whatever....and that is what really matters lol
I wanted to make sense of that, but it seems like you're conflating LAFC Slammers, Slammers, and CDA Slammers, when they're separate entities.

I wanted to make sense of that, but it seems like you're conflating LAFC Slammers, Slammers, and CDA Slammers, when they're separate entities.

Separate entities on paper yes but it is not coincidental that every single LAFC ECNL - RL team is coached by a CDA Slammer coach and every Slammers ECNL - RL is coached by either a Newport or South Slammers coach....so ask yourself who has the most to lose once LAFC ends the relationship???

Back