LA Galaxy Elite Camp?

Has anyone done this? Are all the attendees really “elite” or did you see a wide range of playing levels? Also, if your child has attended, was it a good camp?

It's open to anybody. Not cheap but camp is good...typical camp drills and small games at end. Players are various club levels but talent seems to be good for girls (since they have to be good enough to play with boys) and boys (maybe a few hoping to catch the eye of Galaxy academy staff). Last year the campers who did full-day were able to eat lunch and watch Euro games in VIP suites in stadium.

For the elite camp there's technically a screener in place. You have to apply and prove that you are higher level. How rigorous that screening though, I don't know....you definitely can't just be AYSO Core but where the line beyond that is I don't know.
Just to tie this off in case anyone comes across the thread for future reference, you at the current time can apparently get in if you are flight 2. They won't pass you in automatically and will ask followup questions, but will let you in with a decent reference and if numbers allow (my son has a friend there right now)

Just to tie this off in case anyone comes across the thread for future reference, you at the current time can apparently get in if you are flight 2. They won't pass you in automatically and will ask followup questions, but will let you in with a decent reference and if numbers allow (my son has a friend there right now)
Check book too or free?

For the elite camp there's technically a screener in place. You have to apply and prove that you are higher level. How rigorous that screening though, I don't know....you definitely can't just be AYSO Core but where the line beyond that is I don't know.

Thank you. My son ending up attending a few weeks ago and the camp was reasonably priced compared to other camps but Flight 1+ is questionable. It’s better than other camps since the ratio is 15:1 and has a 9-3pm option. I did hear that some of the kids cried because it was too hard but my kid did fine. He said it was fun and would do it again but it wasn’t challenging or anything.

Back