LA Galaxy Cup

Do we really think these tournaments are created to "recruit" or "develop" talent?
...or to separate you from your hard-earned cash.
Simply too many going on, too often, including "DA" sanctioned. It blurs the field and dilutes the talent
in the name of business.

Reactions: USC
Not so sure about that anymore, Dallas Cup has been losing the prestige over the years. We no longer have powerhouses from Brazil, Argentina, Europe, nowadays only 2nd tier or even lower from such countries are interested. One or two ok International sides are coming, the rest is pure garbage. Look all the Dallas Cup brackets, a bunch of rec teams that we never heard about it, plus agents teams "Sport Consultants", plus the Mexican clubs from always (Tigres, Monterey) and a few 2nd or 4th division teams from South America. The brackets at Galaxy Cup are lame indeed, however only the 04's and 03's seems to have better level clubs than the entire Dallas Cup this year.

Did you look at all ages or just 03~04?

Man U, Red Bull Brazil, Liverpool and so on in other ages.

Regardless of age group or your opinion, how many teams do you believe if given a choice to attend Dallas Cup versus LAG Cup, they would pick LAG Cup over Dallas Cup?

Regardless of age group or your opinion, how many teams do you believe if given a choice to attend Dallas Cup versus LAG Cup, they would pick LAG Cup over Dallas Cup?

I am in Dallas right now and the weather here sucks. I would much rather play in LA. Hopefully they will be able to build that tournament into something good.

Did you look at all ages or just 03~04?

Man U, Red Bull Brazil, Liverpool and so on in other ages.

Red Bull Brasil is from the 4th division and Vitoria from the 2nd. Where are the Brazilian Corinthians, Santos, Sao Paulo, Flamengo, or Argentinian Boca and River? In only one age in Galaxy we have Porto, Manchester, Swansea, Mexican teams and MLS Academies other than Galaxy (In Dallas there are Dallas FC this, Dallas FC that, 4 Dallas teams on the same bracket playing vs AC Brea, Fullerton Rangers, Sport Consultants...come on. Today clubs and parents will play Dallas Cup because of the propaganda, like Surf Cup, not because of the quality of the tournament. But doesn't mean Dallas is better. Things are changing despite the propaganda, some of the best teams in the nation are playing in OC this weekend, not Dallas, especially on 04, 03 brackets.

I thought this tournament was hosted by LA Galaxy...but it is hosted by LAG South Bay.. that explains why they couldn’t bring top teams in most age groups..

This is a small tournament /wo much draw or appeal for scouting.

Dallas and later Man City cup is where you see the most action & competition at this time of year for the olders.

LAFC has a team in so for the youngers should be good for them

Red Bull Brasil is from the 4th division and Vitoria from the 2nd. Where are the Brazilian Corinthians, Santos, Sao Paulo, Flamengo, or Argentinian Boca and River? In only one age in Galaxy we have Porto, Manchester, Swansea, Mexican teams and MLS Academies other than Galaxy (In Dallas there are Dallas FC this, Dallas FC that, 4 Dallas teams on the same bracket playing vs AC Brea, Fullerton Rangers, Sport Consultants...come on. Today clubs and parents will play Dallas Cup because of the propaganda, like Surf Cup, not because of the quality of the tournament. But doesn't mean Dallas is better. Things are changing despite the propaganda, some of the best teams in the nation are playing in OC this weekend, not Dallas, especially on 04, 03 brackets.

No bias here props to the Galaxy
I really agree on this one, if you love soccer you gotta love the 03 and 04 brackets. Some of the best top world class 03 and 04 clubs is playing wow wow, you can’t ask for anything better than that, i even thinks next year this Galaxy cup will be bigger and better, remember this is just the first year.

04 SCORE

FC PORTO ⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽️ 5-1 SAN DIEGO SURF ⚽

MANCHESTER UNITED ⚽️ 1-2 REAL SO CAL ⚽⚽

SWANSEA CITY 0-4 LAFC⚽⚽⚽⚽

LA GALAXY 0-1 REAL SALT LAKE ⚽

PATEADORES ⚽️ 1-2 SPORTING KANSAS CITY ⚽⚽

LAUFA ⚽⚽️ 2-1 SANTA ROSA UNITED ⚽

03 SCORE

REAL SALT LAKE ⚽⚽️ 2-0 FC GOLDEN STATE

TOLUCA FC 0-0 SPORTING KANSAS CITY

LA GALAXY ⚽⚽️ 2-1 NOMADS ⚽

M0NTREAL-NORN PUMAS ⚽️1-2 JUVENTUS SC ⚽⚽

I thought Surf would do much better in the 04's. They seemed to have a strong group in the DA, but maybe that's the problem.
Well done for LAFC!

Back