LA GALAXY Coming to the OC

Anyone else hearing the rumors that LA Galaxy will have an OC affiliate very soon?

No, but why not. Strikers, Pats, Surf, Nomads and other OC or SD based clubs have teams in LA County.

LA Galaxy Fullerton, Irvine, Brea or whatever has that oxy feel.... like the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

You could just go to the website: http://lagalaxyoc.com/ if you really want the information...

October 7, 2016
"Irvine Slammers have alligned with LA Galaxy to become LA Galaxy Orange County (LAGOC), the official LA Galaxy Alliance Club for the Orange County area. The alliance brings a bright new era for the club with a more concentrated focus on player development, the creation of legitimate player pathways that run from beginning the game right through to the pro level, and coaching education. For further information please view the online resources below the ‘Welcome LAGOC’ video.

the might need to ALIGN with a spell checker.

OC is a big place so this is http://www.irvineslammersfc.com/ turning into Galaxy OC and not related to CDA Slammers FC Tustin

Wonder if they are going to go after that 85 acres of Navy-owned land surrounding the north Tustin blimp hangar that LAFC was also eye balling for training facilities

October 7, 2016
"Irvine Slammers have alligned with LA Galaxy to become LA Galaxy Orange County (LAGOC), the official LA Galaxy Alliance Club for the Orange County area. The alliance brings a bright new era for the club with a more concentrated focus on player development, the creation of legitimate player pathways that run from beginning the game right through to the pro level, and coaching education. For further information please view the online resources below the ‘Welcome LAGOC’ video.

the might need to ALIGN with a spell checker.

OC is a big place so this is http://www.irvineslammersfc.com/ turning into Galaxy OC and not related to CDA Slammers FC Tustin

Wonder if they are going to go after that 85 acres of Navy-owned land surrounding the north Tustin blimp hangar that LAFC was also eye balling for training facilities
The irony. :)

What was "Irvine Slammers" before they were "Irvine Slammers"?
How long ago did they add Irvine Slammers to their name?
Whoever goes around handing out the "Slammers" name to clubs should get on this ASAP. I don't know the contract details, but I wouldn't let them wait until January 1 to change over.
Take your ball and leave.
How does Newport Slammers affiliate with LAFC and Irvine Slammers with LA Galaxy?

Some interesting items on their FAQ page:
http://lagalaxyoc.com/faqs/

• Creates a clear and direct pathway into the LA Galaxy Academy system
  • What is the LA Galaxy Emerging Talent Program?
    Each month the top players from all LA Galaxy alliance clubs will be invited to attend a training camp with LA Galaxy academy staff. Selection will be based on ability, attitude, drive and desire.
  • Will the partnership effect our relationship with the City of Irvine?
    No. We will continue to work with the City of Irvine as usual and play on Irvine fields.
  • Are we sponsoring the MLS team LA Galaxy?
    LA Galaxy Orange County will continue to operate with no changes to our Non-Profit 501c3 status. Our fundraising programs will continue to work in exactly the same way with all funds supporting our local club.
  • How will my club fees be affected?
    As a non-profit organization, we are committed to keeping our fees competitive in the marketplace. Operational costs associated with LA Galaxy include a licensing fee to use the logo and will be very minimal. The partnership will also give our members access to reduced ticket prices and opportunities to fundraise through ticket sales.
  • Will LA Galaxy fund or support our club financially?
    LA Galaxy has agreed to assist with some costs associated with the club re-brand, but nothing else. They have agreed to support our fundraising efforts whenever possible. The LA Galaxy Foundation will also work with our club to support community outreach events chosen by our club.

Thanks, @timbuck. What the partnership really means: We are now paying a licensing fee to use the LA Galaxy logo. Some players may attend a training camp with LA Galaxy staff now and then. The Galaxy will sell our families tickets at reduced prices and provide some fundraising premiums we can sell.

Preemptive marketing strike by Galaxy vs. LAFC to reach families. Little else.

Thanks, @timbuck. What the partnership really means: We are now paying a licensing fee to use the LA Galaxy logo. Some players may attend a training camp with LA Galaxy staff now and then. The Galaxy will sell our families tickets at reduced prices and provide some fundraising premiums we can sell.

Preemptive marketing strike by Galaxy vs. LAFC to reach families. Little else.

Yes, which is exactly the same thing that most any other club within 80 miles of Carson has usually been able to do.
I've gotten discounted tickets from AYSO. I've had kids on the field. I've had Galaxy II players out at a camp. I've even had Clint Mathis come and teach a touch and skills clinic.
But - I haven't been able to have my kid walk around in a Galaxy jersey that they actually get to play in. And I don't have a Galaxy OC sticker on the back of my Range Rover. (Just kidding. I drive an Expedition)

“The Galaxy continue to play a significant role in the development of the most talented youth players and coaches throughout Southern California,” said Zach Wells, Brand and Fan Development Manager of the LA Galaxy. “Committing to the development of youth soccer is extremely important and we are excited to continue to invest in the improvement of coaches and players across the country. Adding LA Galaxy Orange County demonstrates the value of our Alliance Program in reaching and engaging with youth teams across our region.”

"Brand and Fan Development", love it!!!! Not a coach selling you on this , but the salesman, and parents will go running for the Kool-Aid.

Starbucks and LAG on every corner just like Circle K and 7-11...

So much cynicism around here sometimes--
of course it involves marketing! But I mostly wonder how it will effect the program either way. If it doesn't, but the kids feel cool being somehow associated with the Galaxy, fine. If it enhances the program, spectacular!
I don't really see a downside.
Am I missing something?

Switching affiliations is just cheering for different laundry. Maybe Newport Slammers didn't need them as much in the younger age groups once they absorbed Newport Mesa last year. Besides sending their best players to the ECNL teams, Irvine Slammers can stand on their own without Newport.

So much cynicism around here sometimes--
of course it involves marketing! But I mostly wonder how it will effect the program either way. If it doesn't, but the kids feel cool being somehow associated with the Galaxy, fine. If it enhances the program, spectacular!
I don't really see a downside.
Am I missing something?

I love your optimism. I think what people are saying is that the parents are simply paying for their kids to "feel" cool. If you have the $$, sure, no worries. You get a pretty logo, cool uni and an increase in your fees. Having been at a club a few years ago that was also an "affiliate", I saw no value in it whatsoever. A training or two a year, no player tracking on the girls side, discount tix are given to many soccer orgs so that's useless. Hoping LA Galaxy increase their presence with new affiliates and commit a bit more to the actual development of the player, not just the marketing that the player provides whilst wearing the jersey each weekend and contributing to the brand. And true coaching and training guidance. What I saw, nothing much at all, but time can change that and hopefully it's better now. Best of luck to LA Galaxy affiliates.

And LAFC will not be partnering with CDA Slammers on the boys side in 17-18' either.

Tell that to the boys/coaches/ LAFC academy coaches who were out with the boys a few fridays ago at CDA Slammers first LAFC training. There will be few or very limited DA teams for the next season but there is a direct ID program developing and they will be working together over the long haul.

Back