J Serra doesn’t play soccer....

“They’re a very good team and they’ve got lots of firepower, but they don’t play soccer, in the traditional sense of the word. Everything is kicked forward,” Santa Margarita head coach Chuck Morales said. “You end up playing the same way with them. You end up playing the same game.

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/01/...other-scoreless-draw-against-santa-margarita/

I think we all already know this :). And these girls comprise the best team in the ECNL. My favorite game of all time was watching these girls getting beat because a team marked their strikers and had more athletic girls marking. Holy cow the belittling words their coach had for the poor defensive girl that got beat - and he would not shut up.

...Holy cow the belittling words their coach had for the poor defensive girl that got beat - and he would not shut up.

Coach Baker is a Bully!! There is no way I would let my kid play for a coach that belittles his players and is a condescending prick.

My kid scored twice against that bastard and he was pissed both times and one of the games it was 11 to 1 them.

How were the parents? Probably ok due to the score... We went up 1-0 on them and the parents started shouting at the kids, telling them they are better at soccer than my DD's team, etc. One of the kids on our team stopped and shouted that she has not played kickball since 3rd grade recess - it was fabulous... True story.

We (Mater Dei) tied them last weekend as well. JSerra parents weren’t happy and got loud enough that one of our defenders who was closest to them “shushed” them a few times (put a finger to her lips and shook her head.). Didn’t work though.

Coach Baker is a Bully!! There is no way I would let my kid play for a coach that belittles his players and is a condescending prick.

Unfortunately, the little fella suffers from a myopic degenerative napoleanistic kick-ball disease called Small-man syndrome. Worse, the dude doesn’t even have the capacity to see it o_O

Empathy. For him. I have.

How were the parents? Probably ok due to the score... We went up 1-0 on them and the parents started shouting at the kids, telling them they are better at soccer than my DD's team, etc. One of the kids on our team stopped and shouted that she has not played kickball since 3rd grade recess - it was fabulous... True story.
Parents seemed ok, but a bit above I would say.

nothing is more entertaining than scoring against his team or frustrating the players and seeing his agitation level go through the roof. Have always felt sorry for the players but none of the players or parents care because they are the "winners". I can't say champions because they don't exemplify being a champion in my view.

Unfortunately, the little fella suffers from a myopic degenerative napoleanistic kick-ball disease called Small-man syndrome. Worse, the dude doesn’t even have the capacity to see it o_O

Empathy. For him. I have.
Everyone is a little fella where you are concerned.

Are any of the JSerra players commuted to college soccer? Will thier kickball game be acceptable at the next level?

Well a large percentage of the incoming UCLA 2020 class are from this team so we will see how they fit in with how they have been taught to play for 8-10 years

Are any of the JSerra players commuted to college soccer? Will thier kickball game be acceptable at the next level?
They are mostly Blues ecnl players. A lot will be playing in college. Their speed and physicality will get them to college. And most colleges play that same way.

These comments are hilarious. Sounds like this coach and team is a hoot.

I love the fact that all the private schools get to have these super teams while the rest of the schools fend for themselves with what they have. Always been an issue in football and agree they need their own league. What I really enjoy is seeing a great win and games by public high schools making use of their small handful of unrecruited/non scholarship given club players. There are a couple of CIF division winners from last year who did so with club players from some great teams with just random non club coaches. Don't get me wrong - its great if you can afford that private school lifestyle but I know one D2 private HS who the coach is a club coach and 8 of his starters are from his club team so I'm sure recruited there by him, not just parents who chose for their kid to go to that school for academics

These comments are hilarious. Sounds like this coach and team is a hoot.

I love the fact that all the private schools get to have these super teams while the rest of the schools fend for themselves with what they have. Always been an issue in football and agree they need their own league. What I really enjoy is seeing a great win and games by public high schools making use of their small handful of unrecruited/non scholarship given club players. There are a couple of CIF division winners from last year who did so with club players from some great teams with just random non club coaches. Don't get me wrong - its great if you can afford that private school lifestyle but I know one D2 private HS who the coach is a club coach and 8 of his starters are from his club team so I'm sure recruited there by him, not just parents who chose for their kid to go to that school for academics

Main OC Private school league = Trinity league

I think we all already know this :). And these girls comprise the best team in the ECNL. My favorite game of all time was watching these girls getting beat because a team marked their strikers and had more athletic girls marking. Holy cow the belittling words their coach had for the poor defensive girl that got beat - and he would not shut up.

They are some real nice guys. They are also pansies and don't respond when a parent belittles them...

Well a large percentage of the incoming UCLA 2020 class are from this team so we will see how they fit in with how they have been taught to play for 8-10 years

You only play at UCLA if you can fit into the system. The coach plays those that make the TEAM better.

Didn't your daughter used to play for them? Didn't you puff your chest out quite a bit when your daughter scored to kickball goals for them (on defensive errors)? I sort of remember things changing in the second half when your player was man marked and the team adjusted to the kickball. You used to be okay with it. FYI Santa Clara doesn't play kickball....

Back