Iwatch ref app

SageMajor

BRONZE
I have a Spintso watch which is great however after the batteries died and I replaced them I have lost the vibrate function. I have tried several sets of new batteries to no avail. I have an iWatch and I was wondering if anyone has tried some of the free apps or single pay apps.

I see
Football (Soccer) Referee App
https://reflive.com/referees/ which is free and looks good
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/football-soccer-referee-app/id1115953316?mt=8

and
SFRef Soccer Referee Watch
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sfref-soccer-referee-watch/id1163321127?mt=8
which also does match reports

I am really looking for something that copies the Spintso watch with the elapsed, injury time and time remaining in the half and maybe adds a distance ran.

Has anyone tried something that they suggest.

I use my Apple watch with the exercise app that came with the watch and works great. On the other wrist I use a $20 Timex. I also don't need the vibrate function since I look at my watch often especially near the end of the half.

I worked with a ref that was using the Football Ref app and he wasn't sure if he was going to keep it because it had some flaws.

I use a Timex Ironman for my main timepiece and run an activity on a Garmin 735XT as my backup timepiece. I start the Timex anew at each half. I start the Garmin at the first game kick-off and hit a lap at the beginning of each half. Does a good job of tracking total mileage and is OK as a backup time piece. I've only needed a backup once when I accidentally hit a lap button on my Timex during a match and it was stuck showing lap time.

I definitely don't want any sort of alarm or buzz going off during a match. I am alert enough to keep an eye on it myself. I can just imagine a coach or parent hearing my watch beep just before a score. My Garmin used to beep every mile so I turned off auto-lap for my referee activity profile.

I definitely don't want any sort of alarm or buzz going off during a match. I am alert enough to keep an eye on it myself. I can just imagine a coach or parent hearing my watch beep just before a score. My Garmin used to beep every mile so I turned off auto-lap for my referee activity profile.

I totally agree, that's why I am asking for reviews of these. the Spintso watch does not beep, it just vibrates at the end of time. In all of my years reffing I have only gone over and not noticed one time, when ball went out of bounds and I looked at my AR I got the signal for time and ended the match.

the other part the Spintso does is show my total game time so that we get paperwork correct of total time of the goal

I tried the reflive, it works a part of a full system and is not usable for single refs.

I bought the SF ref watch. only problem is
it beeps and vibrates. Its needs to only vibrate. I don't want everyone else knowing time is up

As a referee and a coach, I often find it hilarious at how coaches and referees are so in tune with the time. It's very silly. Mark down the start time on your game sheet if you're really concerned that your stopwatch may get reset. As long as you're within a minute or so, who gives a crap?

As a referee and a coach, I often find it hilarious at how coaches and referees are so in tune with the time. It's very silly. Mark down the start time on your game sheet if you're really concerned that your stopwatch may get reset. As long as you're within a minute or so, who gives a crap?

Knowing what time the game started won't do you any good if you don't know what time it is. I don't think most referee's are concerned with keeping the game on an exact time, but need a backup timepiece in case the primary fails. My most common mistake with game time is to forget to start it. Happens a few times a season. I usually catch it the first time the ball goes out of play. I've conditioned myself to check at that point.

Last edited:
Knowing what time the game started won't do you any good if you don't know what time it is. I don't think most referee's are concerned with keeping the game on an exact time, but need a backup timepiece in case the primary fails. My most common mistake with game time is to forget to start it. Happens a few times a season. I usually catch it the first time the ball goes out of play. I've conditioned myself to check at that point.
You must not have read my post. I said if you're worried about your stopwatch being reset. I stand by my post that this all trifling. We don't need a high tech referee watch on each of our arms. We don't need to worry about the game time to the minute or second. All three officials have a watch. If the referee's fails, is reset, etc, he can just ask them or borrow theirs.

Too much attention paid by coaches, referees and parents about how many seconds are left in the half or game, especially as the referee is empowered to add time in his discretion. Anyway most refs wait for some "special" time to end the game after time expires anyway, such as when the ball reaches the neutral middle third or after a corner kick is completed.

I'll bet the ref at a G03 game at Silverlakes yesterday logged in a good solid 200 feet. Harely moved off the center line

For the $1.99 the SFRef Soccer Referee Watch app turns the iWatch into a useful tool to help manage games. It also gives you a distance you ran.
Looks like I do just over 2 miles on a 7v7 single ref game and about 1.6 on a 30 min/half 11v11

If you have an iWatch and are looking at a Spintso this is defiantly worth trying.

For the $1.99 the SFRef Soccer Referee Watch app turns the iWatch into a useful tool to help manage games. It also gives you a distance you ran.
Looks like I do just over 2 miles on a 7v7 single ref game and about 1.6 on a 30 min/half 11v11

If you have an iWatch and are looking at a Spintso this is defiantly worth trying.

I also look at heart-rate graph after the game. The referee app saves workout in Healthkit and I use a fitness app called Zones to read the saved workout and show me the graphs.

Back