Is this in the future for the GDA?

Low??? It was a defensive move. So please once and for all. Admit I NEVER, EVER asked you about your DD playing DPL. That NEVER HAPPENED and you know it. I have ALWAYS advocated for your DD and always will. I hoped your DD could play in the DA playoffs. I don’t care about leagues, never did, never will. My DD’s will play for the best Coaches, in the best possible scenarios.

I will stand up when someone tries to discredit the effort my DD has put in. When you, yes you did that, I took offense. Now, in another desperate, delusional rant you want to lie...nah mate. I ain’t gonna stand for it!!!!!

Just don’t try to call me a liar!
Low??? It was a defensive move. So please once and for all. Admit I NEVER, EVER asked you about your DD playing DPL. That NEVER HAPPENED and you know it. I have ALWAYS advocated for your DD and always will. I hoped your DD could play in the DA playoffs. I don’t care about leagues, never did, never will. My DD’s will play for the best Coaches, in the best possible scenarios.

I will stand up when someone tries to discredit the effort my DD has put in. When you, yes you did that, I took offense. Now, in another desperate, delusional rant you want to lie...nah mate. I ain’t gonna stand for it!!!!!
First of all, I have never discredited your dd, ever. That's a fact. I discredited the league she is in. That's all I have done you out everyone on here has mocked me more with your little digs. Have I said anything about you personally Kicker or your kid? No, just the league you so defend. Sad indeed...….She could have played Kicker, she said no, not what you told everyone on here I said to you. That was not true and you know it. DPL players were only allowed 6 games. You thought she was DPL, look it up

First of all, I have never discredited your dd, ever. That's a fact. I discredited the league she is in. That's all I have done and you have been here has mocking me more with your little digs. Have I said anything about you personally Kicker or your kid? No, just the league you so defend. Sad indeed...….She could have played Kicker, she said no, not what you told everyone on here I said to you. That was not true and you know it. DPL players were only allowed 6 games. You thought she was DPL, look it up

First of all, I have never discredited your dd, ever. That's a fact. I discredited the league she is in. That's all I have done you out everyone on here has mocked me more with your little digs. Have I said anything about you personally Kicker or your kid? No, just the league you so defend. Sad indeed...….She could have played Kicker, she said no, not what you told everyone on here I said to you. That was not true and you know it. DPL players were only allowed 6 games. You thought she was DPL, look it up
Don’t confuse a Designated Player for a Developmental Player League. Your knowledge is so shallow it’s really hard to argue. Doesn’t seam fair.

Don’t confuse a Designated Player for a Developmental Player League. Your knowledge is so shallow it’s really hard to argue. Doesn’t seam fair.
Another Personal attack from Kicker. The DA girls league is soft like Charmin toilet paper and allows 25% starts for all. That is called "pay to play." Those players are not getting a full ride. I said I wanted my dd to play in it because I thought she had to, to keep up. She wanted something more.

Another Personal attack from Kicker. The DA girls league is soft like Charmin toilet paper and allows 25% starts for all. That is called "pay to play." Those players are not getting a full ride. I said I wanted my dd to play in it because I thought she had to, to keep up. She wanted something more.
So I did or didn’t??

Kicker, I had to get up early this morning to get ready for long drive to game #2 of new season. I went to my old account and I'm able to see all four of my PMs to you. For the record, I was the one who initiated all 4 of them to you and you PM every time back. The first issue I take is you posting the following after I put some articles and commentary from soccerAmerica (since 1971) about the US Soccer Federation and why I think it's a joke. I did not mention you at all. All I said was the DA is a joke. I did not say you were a joke or what your dd does is a joke.

Kicker to me last night for all to see:
"Full disclosure, you bought everything you were sold! Period....I’ve sat back and watched you discredit a league you tried to get your DD in. Don’t try to hide...you PM’d me bitching that they wouldn’t let your DD Guest play in the DA playoffs

What EJ actually PM'd Kicker June 15, 2019 right before playoffs and 6 weeks before I went fishing on the SoCal Soccer Forum after a 3 year absence from posting here. (3rd PM):
Hey, Blues (LD) *misled my dd telling her she can play HS and get a waiver next year. That wasn't true. She doesn't want to be a "rent a player" and has decided to just stick with ECNL. We didn't feel it was right to take playing time from girls who have played with the team all year so we won't be at the playoffs in SD. I'm sad that all parties can't find a way to let the girls do both HS soccer and DA for those who want to :(

How am I hiding? Where did I bitch in my PM to you? Who is "they wouldn't let my kid guest play? Regarding DP and DPL, yes I'm completely confused and clueless on the everything DA. I think in earlier post I said something that said she is DP as a joke because the word means "developmental player" someone with potential. They did the DPL to stop a mass exodus to ECNL for those who can't commit to the 4 day a week training and 10 month requirement and let kids like my dd play HS Soccer as she "develops into a more complete player, or quits HS Soccer."

*After speaking with LD later he did not mislead me. It was more him being hopeful and optimistic that the US Soccer Federation would allow my little goat a waiver too. He said he tried and I believe him. My dd needed and demanded to know before she went to battle in the DA Playoffs that she would be on his team next year. Anyone who knows the type of kid mine is would understand. She needed to know 100%. Coming to a new team halfway was the worst for everyone, especially this group. They worked hard all year and deserved to finish what THEY started. I think she handled it with class. LD told her June 15th the day I PM'd, "No HS Soccer waiver for public school kids." He was embarrassed and sad to see the sadness in my DDs eyes. Kind of like no Mexicans or Latinos in the 59 member US Soccer Federation "youth Task force"

I think it would be transparent of you to share your actual response to me from my PM...…..

Kicker, I had to get up early this morning to get ready for long drive to game #2 of new season. I went to my old account and I'm able to see all four of my PMs to you. For the record, I was the one who initiated all 4 of them to you and you PM every time back. The first issue I take is you posting the following after I put some articles and commentary from soccerAmerica (since 1971) about the US Soccer Federation and why I think it's a joke. I did not mention you at all. All I said was the DA is a joke. I did not say you were a joke or what your dd does is a joke.

Kicker to me last night for all to see:
"Full disclosure, you bought everything you were sold! Period....I’ve sat back and watched you discredit a league you tried to get your DD in. Don’t try to hide...you PM’d me bitching that they wouldn’t let your DD Guest play in the DA playoffs

What EJ actually PM'd Kicker June 15, 2019 right before playoffs and 6 weeks before I went fishing on the SoCal Soccer Forum after a 3 year absence from posting here. (3rd PM):
Hey, Blues (LD) *misled my dd telling her she can play HS and get a waiver next year. That wasn't true. She doesn't want to be a "rent a player" and has decided to just stick with ECNL. We didn't feel it was right to take playing time from girls who have played with the team all year so we won't be at the playoffs in SD. I'm sad that all parties can't find a way to let the girls do both HS soccer and DA for those who want to :(

How am I hiding? Where did I bitch in my PM to you? Who is "they wouldn't let my kid guest play? Regarding DP and DPL, yes I'm completely confused and clueless on the everything DA. I think in earlier post I said something that said she is DP as a joke because the word means "developmental player" someone with potential. They did the DPL to stop a mass exodus to ECNL for those who can't commit to the 4 day a week training and 10 month requirement and let kids like my dd play HS Soccer as she "develops into a more complete player, or quits HS Soccer."

*After speaking with LD later he did not mislead me. It was more him being hopeful and optimistic that the US Soccer Federation would allow my little goat a waiver too. He said he tried and I believe him. My dd needed and demanded to know before she went to battle in the DA Playoffs that she would be on his team next year. Anyone who knows the type of kid mine is would understand. She needed to know 100%. Coming to a new team halfway was the worst for everyone, especially this group. They worked hard all year and deserved to finish what THEY started. I think she handled it with class. LD told her June 15th the day I PM'd, "No HS Soccer waiver for public school kids." He was embarrassed and sad to see the sadness in my DDs eyes. Kind of like no Mexicans or Latinos in the 59 member US Soccer Federation "youth Task force"

I think it would be transparent of you to share your actual response to me from my PM...…..
Am I just sharing the response:

“I feel that the Blues think they have more power than they really do. That organization has always been a Sales/Recruiting machine. Just hope your DD is happy cause She is a force out there and fun to watch.

I agree that it sucks!”

Sorry for using the word “bitching”, more like disappointment in retrospect. Sometimes it’s difficult to envision the emotion behind some of the language and posts you put out.

COMMENTARY
Latinos shunned by U.S. Soccer Youth Task Force
In October 2018, U.S. Soccer launched a nine-member Youth Soccer Task Force whose only Latino member was the U.S. Soccer President, Carlos Cordeiro, who was born in India to a Colombian mother. But we were told that the Task Force would expand.
Cindy Cone was added when she became U.S. Soccer Vice President, which means seven of the 10 members are U.S. Soccer officials, U.S. Soccer board members, or both.

Long before Cone was added last February, we were assured that the Task Force would be adding "working groups." They would add diversity and assuage those who pointed out that the Task Force charged with transforming soccer in America was comprised of mainstream insiders who already held power. Pete Zopfi, U.S. Youth Soccer chair and U.S. Soccer board member, told Soccer America's Beau Dure:

"My intent is from our side to make sure we populate those work groups with a diverse group of people. If we don’t get that diversity, we’re not representing youth soccer as it exists today, which is extremely diverse in all areas of the country."

Nearly one year later, we learn that the Task Force setup has grown to nearly 60 people: the 10 members, 50 members on the six working groups, eight staff support members, and U.S. Soccer’s Chief Stakeholders Officer Brian Remedi.

Besides Cordeiro, not one Latino -- no man of Latin American origin or descent -- is among these 59 people.

The absurdity of a national organization in the USA, especially one that governs soccer, not giving representation to the Latino community in 2019 should not need explaining. But let's do remind ourselves that the USA's population is about 18% Latino. Since we're dealing with youth sports, it must be pointed that, under the age of 18, about 25% of the USA’s population is Latino.

Because of the composition of this Task Force, I guess it is necessary to explain that soccer's popularity is significantly higher within the Latino community than the overall population. And that there has been a long history of excluding the Latino community from mainstream soccer. The latter, it seemed, was an issue in which we did see progress.

This year, the boys youth national teams, from U-14 through U-20s, were up to about 40 percent Latino. Yet not a single Latino was deemed worthy of being on the Youth Task Force’s eight-person Working Group for “Coaching,” which does get input from five members who hail originally from Britain and one who was born in Spain raised in Belgium. And that group is staff-supported by Belgian Barry Pauwels.

coaching-diversity_9camkge.PNG

The “Diversity & Inclusion” Working Group is chaired by Craig Scriven, who launched his coaching career in England and is the president of the USSSA Soccer, which represents fewer soccer players than play in unaffiliated Latin leagues in California. The Staff Support is Tonya Wallach, U.S. Soccer’s Chief Talent and Inclusion Officer. The group’s members are: Yvonne Lara (a Latina who started her career in soccer two years ago when she became Director of Marketing and Communications at AYSO), Indiana-based Ryan Sparks, Osuman Issaka of Nebraska, Eddie Henderson (ISC Gunners/Washington State Technical Director), Jene' Baclawski (South Texas ODP Technical Director) and former U.S. women's national team player Lindsay Tarpley.

referee-member.PNG

One of the six groups covers refereeing, and it seems to be making a positive impact. I base that on the recent launch of the new Referee Pathway, which addresses one of the biggest problems I saw in the previous approach by making the entry level qualifications more accessible by adding the online component. But considering the large Latino contingent of referees in the USA, it too should have a connection to the Latino community. With the constant struggle to fill the reffing ranks, wouldn't outreach to those reffing in unaffiliated Latin leagues be one of the solutions to pursue?

risk-standards.PNG

And what would be a more obvious tactic toward expanding membership than courting unaffiliated Latin leagues? That was a mission of U.S. Soccer when Alan Rothenberg, Bob Contiguglia and Sunil Gulati served as president. Under Rothenberg's reign, U.S. Soccer hired Carlos Juarez to be a liaison to the Latino community, work that included bringing Latino coaches into the U.S. Soccer's coaching schools. It continued with U.S. Soccer hiring guys like Rene Miramontes, Carlos Menijvar, Juan Carlos Michia and Roberto Lopez. They enabled U.S. Soccer to certify thousands of Latino coaches.

Indeed, there has been incredible progress since the days when Latino players were rare in the youth national team program and on elite youth club teams. But during Gulati's tenure five youth national teams had Hispanic coaches. Today? It's only Tab Ramos, U-20 head coach. He's also been Youth Technical Director during the U.S. men's youth national team program's unprecedented success, based both on results and players moving up. But it's obvious that Ramos has been marginalized since the U.S. Soccer regime change of 2018.

The guys U.S. Soccer hired years ago to connect with the Latino community are still heavily involved in youth soccer. I spoke with Miramontes, Juarez and Lopez. They never got a call from anyone involved with U.S. Soccer's Task Force asking who they'd recommend as valuable additions from the Latino community. There are so many other obvious, easy-to-reach American soccer people whom the Task Force could have contacted to help identify extremely qualified Latinos for the Task Force's work.

How does one not draw the conclusion that U.S. Soccer doesn't appreciate or respect Latinos who are part of its membership? How does one not conclude that U.S. Soccer doesn't care about the vast Latino soccer community that isn't yet part of its membership?

Derek Mccracken replied, September 8, 2019 at 11:41 a.m. would suggest that readers take the link to Gardner's commentary, and to Woitalla's article, and plaster them all over social media. Put these links on Twitter, on Facebook, on Instagram, etc. Go the USSF's sites, to FIFA's sites, etc. for all of these social media outlets and post it on there as well. Make sure you tag U.S. Soccer so anyone searching for them will also be led to your tag. Even consider placing the add on commentary sections, and social media sites, of big media sites like Washington Post, NYT, WSJ, LA Times, Chicago Trib, CNN, Fox, etc.The only thing that will move this U.S. Soccer mafia is embarassment on a very wide scale. We can all do our part by distributing the links far and wide.

Justus replied To The Forum, September 8, 12:21PM: I'm one step a head of you Derek. This is way bigger than girls hs soccer folks. Way bigger than my little goat getting pushed out because she doesn't go to Private School and we sure in the hell won't kiss ass to those with all the connections. No way, never!!!. I didn't kiss up to DOC either. They don't like me. Go to SoccerAmerica and read up. I know of one club doing most of the biz with the English. Come on folks. College deal will be there no matter what happens with changes at US Soccer Federation. I'm not the only one pissed off at the Federation. Some to choose to live in a bubble. I know some on here think they know what's going on in Ohio and Michigan. Texas with the Latino boys leagues that are getting shut out because...….just read it for yourselves.

You act like you really know 1/3 of the country. You only know coaches who sell you..you only know what you know...so stick to that. Do pretend to know more cause you don’t. Period!!!’
"You only know coaches who sell you." Bingo, you're right. But, they didn't sell me Kicker, they sold my dd. I was just there to listen. Who was the coach? The Director of the Academy. What Academy? The one who is doing all it's business with the US Soccer Federation and reaping big rewards for doing so. He was the one who sold my dd the ketchup popsicle with the following flavors: TC, US Scout fairies and of course, The List. I heard it all, things like, "no one is allowed to play up here." " It's against the policies of the club." That was lie #1. Then more and more. So many I count. My dd loved ketchup on her fries too so it was easy to sell her. Thanks for all your kindness towards my dd and me. We appreciate it and will be rooting for you guys over there.

"You only know coaches who sell you." Bingo, you're right. But, they didn't sell me Kicker, they sold my dd. I was just there to listen. Who was the coach? The Director of the Academy. What Academy? The one who is doing all it's business with the US Soccer Federation and reaping big rewards for doing so. He was the one who sold my dd the ketchup popsicle with the following flavors: TC, US Scout fairies and of course, The List. I heard it all, things like, "no one is allowed to play up here." " It's against the policies of the club." That was lie #1. Then more and more. So many I count. My dd loved ketchup on her fries too so it was easy to sell her. Thanks for all your kindness towards my dd and me. We appreciate it and will be rooting for you guys over there.
and for the record Kicker, when someone lies to me or my kids, I get going if you haven't noticed. I hate liars and cheaters. So when lie #1 happened, I went right to Doc and Coach. That's how I roll. They actually threw some guy named Chester under the bus, blamed it all on him saying they the other players playing up got a deal done to play up from him. My dds words after that meeting, "wow, they threw that sweet man under the bus." When the one at the top blames the one who was forced out (some say) and is not there to defend himself, I smell shit, you know what I mean? So, right before season starts me and the guy from England are at each other already. Not a good move on my part if I need any favors later. The TC he was running was even worse. Free candy bars if my dd can get a special recruits moms phone number. All this at her first and only TC invite. You know the one with all the YNT scouts? Again, I went up to DOC asking why he was trying to get my dd to get a phone number from a parent of special recruit? "She can help your team." WTF, I was pissed to say the least. I had it out with him right there. Never invited back after that discussion. Seriously, dude wanted my dd to get a phone # from a mom. So, that's how my dd was getting trained to help the club be the best of the best.

How does one not draw the conclusion that U.S. Soccer doesn't appreciate or respect Latinos who are part of its membership? How does one not conclude that U.S. Soccer doesn't care about the vast Latino soccer community that isn't yet part of its membership?

It is possible that they are just stupid.

For those who are reading, put yourself in my position after my talk with the Director of the #1 US Soccer Academy in the country for girls and who is also running the US Soccer Federations San Diego Training Center where you need to be in order to make The List. Who has all the leverage? Who has the freaking power over my head and my kid? Is this the guy to piss off? What should one do in my spot? Remember, any group who makes money off little kids needs to have the following credentials IMHO with those at the top. Ethical, Honesty and Competence. The girls have to be at top of the Org chart. I do not see this going on. The Mexicans and all the Latinos are getting screwed too. Who else? I have much to say about this but need to focus on some work.

The problem is the USA is not running US Soccer. I see it, don't you?
If you knew my history, you would know I am not a fan of any of the national soccer organizations. I think Southern California should break away and form our own league structure set-up the way Coast Premier used to be, but with the problems fixed. We have plenty of good competition right here and could eliminate most out of state travel for all but the very top teams. The teams that win this Southern California could then travel out of state to represent. This would lower the cost for most "Elite" teams. We could even form age group specific SoCal "National Teams" that would probably give the real YNT's a run for their money due to the ability to practice together more. This league would need to have a clear pathway for any team from SoCal (including the Latin leagues) to participate in the SoCal specific championship tournament. So I could picture a boy's team from let's say Tiffany's winning the whole thing. Maybe this would then inspire the various Latin leagues to take girls soccer seriously and after a few years they would have girls teams also being contenders in the championship. This would then put pressure on the big "clubs" to lower their cost as they start to lose players to the "Latin" leagues (that would then start to have more non-Latin players).

For those who are reading, put yourself in my position after my talk with the Director of the #1 US Soccer Academy in the country for girls and who is also running the US Soccer Federations San Diego Training Center where you need to be in order to make The List. Who has all the leverage? Who has the freaking power over my head and my kid? Is this the guy to piss off? What should one do in my spot? Remember, any group who makes money off little kids needs to have the following credentials IMHO with those at the top. Ethical, Honesty and Competence. The girls have to be at top of the Org chart. I do not see this going on. The Mexicans and all the Latinos are getting screwed too. Who else? I have much to say about this but need to focus on some work.
and for the record Kicker, when someone lies to me or my kids, I get going if you haven't noticed. I hate liars and cheaters. So when lie #1 happened, I went right to Doc and Coach. That's how I roll. They actually threw some guy named Chester under the bus, blamed it all on him saying they the other players playing up got a deal done to play up from him. My dds words after that meeting, "wow, they threw that sweet man under the bus." When the one at the top blames the one who was forced out (some say) and is not there to defend himself, I smell shit, you know what I mean? So, right before season starts me and the guy from England are at each other already. Not a good move on my part if I need any favors later. The TC he was running was even worse. Free candy bars if my dd can get a special recruits moms phone number. All this at her first and only TC invite. You know the one with all the YNT scouts? Again, I went up to DOC asking why he was trying to get my dd to get a phone number from a parent of special recruit? "She can help your team." WTF, I was pissed to say the least. I had it out with him right there. Never invited back after that discussion. Seriously, dude wanted my dd to get a phone # from a mom. So, that's how my dd was getting trained to help the club be the best of the best.
This all happened to us at the same time US Soccer Federation announced the first age band for the girls 1st year DA League. DOC told all the 04 GOATS no one can play up or tryout for the Surf Combo 03/04 DA team. Some of the expert coaches at the Academy were telling some us at the club that they wanted us to play up or at least battle the other GOATs for the spots to make the cream rise to the top. They said no to us except a small few I found out later that had a previous agreement with some guy not there. We were than sold ECNL 04' because no players were allowed to play up on the 03/04 band. JH reached out from Legends to say he would like my dd to make his 03/04 DA Combo Team and felt she had a great shot but no promises or favors. Just hard work. Don't matter if your 05, 04 or 03. He was looking for YNT players at the time. He put 4 from our age group the first year. I got my kid (she was laughing about all this at the time and really wanted to stay. She was watching dance moms and didn't think it was that big a deal) out and headed North. My dd and I had a meeting with those two coaches that was insane before we left. All about how ECNL will be the league and don't go. HS Soccer rules the country I was told. I told those two good luck staying in business...………..

If you knew my history, you would know I am not a fan of any of the national soccer organizations. I think Southern California should break away and form our own league structure set-up the way Coast Premier used to be, but with the problems fixed. We have plenty of good competition right here and could eliminate most out of state travel for all but the very top teams. The teams that win this Southern California could then travel out of state to represent. This would lower the cost for most "Elite" teams. We could even form age group specific SoCal "National Teams" that would probably give the real YNT's a run for their money due to the ability to practice together more. This league would need to have a clear pathway for any team from SoCal (including the Latin leagues) to participate in the SoCal specific championship tournament. So I could picture a boy's team from let's say Tiffany's winning the whole thing. Maybe this would then inspire the various Latin leagues to take girls soccer seriously and after a few years they would have girls teams also being contenders in the championship. This would then put pressure on the big "clubs" to lower their cost as they start to lose players to the "Latin" leagues (that would then start to have more non-Latin players).
I like everything you just said. I actually think it's possible :)

Back