Is ECNL Boys 2003 Even Real?

California has fall tournaments like no other. I get the layoff is an issue our HS players navigate both ECNL and High School at the same time and this isn't going to be easy either. 03 teams play together in friendlies on weekends and I like inexpensive games (ref fees only). it is a lot of soccer but my son is enjoying both teams. Why can't ECNL socal teams play a match or two in the winter even with High school soccer? Does AZ ecnl have issues playing both High School and soccer and have a big layoff?

HS rules in socal don't allow for that. CIF ban on club training and play during the HS season. Players can not participate in club soccer activities during HS season, if they do HS team becomes ineligible and foreits games retroactively.

Adding another 2 months on to that results in the 5 month gap. Teams are not developing during this time so going to be difficult to keep teams together and players interested. Choices like you say, some players have already opted out once they found out the schedule, not worth it to them. If they want to play the NV or AZ teams once hey can always attend one of the Vegas tournaments.

I get what you are saying. So you just want a fall league for ECNL or a Spring league for ECNL. I am just not sure what the solution is I guess. Like I said we are navigating this for the first time as we just joined for the program.

WCFC schedule

* Arsenal game is in Arizona.

National Event: April 20-22 U14-U19 San Diego

• April 28 away game at Heat (Vegas)
  • Aril 29 away game at Players (Vegas)
  • May 5th v Serena (Arizona)
National Event: May 26-28, 2018 U15 – U17 Pennsylvania (Neil will verify ages/teams attending)

• June 2 away at LA Premier

Back