Important: Check your payment settings

Most of us likely use Venmo for payments among players/families etc. Did you know that the default setting is for all of your transactions to be publicly shared? If you don't care about everyone seeing every payment that you make then ignore this post, but if you do, you need to actively go into settings and change it to private. Was speaking to a soccer friend about this today and she didn't realize, so thought I'd post here.

Most of us likely use Venmo for payments among players/families etc. Did you know that the default setting is for all of your transactions to be publicly shared? If you don't care about everyone seeing every payment that you make then ignore this post, but if you do, you need to actively go into settings and change it to private. Was speaking to a soccer friend about this today and she didn't realize, so thought I'd post here.
Good note to share, I fortunately caught it the first time around.

You can set to either Public, Friends, or Private.

Another thing to note is that if you change this setting sometime after initial default, make sure you go back and retroactively change the settings for previous payments.

Back