IE Surf now Legends IE??

So when did this happen because I sure didn't see this coming:eek::D. Is Legends taking over the Inland Empire and Surf is taking over OC. What's next? CDA Slammers taking over more of the LA County areas? So is Legends IE going to produce their own merchandise like they did when they were IE Surf. It was nice to see a big selection for the players and parents when it came to spirit gear.

upload_2018-8-29_11-40-3.png

Franchising of Youth Soccer...

Are youth clubs in the us really just a place/way to "rent" a "name" of the season

Youth soccer clubs are getting "walmarted"

Franchising of Youth Soccer...

Are youth clubs in the us really just a place/way to "rent" a "name" of the season

Well almost all us youth soccer clubs aren't really clubs in a traditional sense like the rest of the word; DBA's as non-profits, affiliate of xyz

US youth club management may hire coaches, help get field space, set curriculum, and mange payments for uniforms, to leagues, tournaments, etc but some do let team managers / parents take over just about everything in exchange for a "club" fee. The no middle people approach tends to happen at the smaller entities where the DOC or others are not paid a salary or just a small amount to mange something since the team manager or parents are doing the work anyway.

I dunno IE Surf had the oxy type name anyway, maybe its just me but when I think Surf I don't think about anything inland. Legends well that's another story...

I like younothat’s comment.....

New
Youth soccer clubs are getting "walmarted"

Come and get your franchise......
  • Legends = Walmart (Pac-Man)
  • Slammers = Target’s
  • Surf = Mcdonald's
  • Strikers = Jack in the Box
  • Pateadores = Dominos
Why can’t clubs be like In-N-Out burger, independent and successful with out selling them selfs.

In the near future all tournaments and leagues will be held within them selfs and all separated a coaches name. Oppss....my bad, it already started.

Little fish in big pond!

boutique clubs cannot compete because they cannot offer the dream...pathways to DA, encl, college, etc. They were loosing too many players, or at least their parents $$. When they grab onto a national brand, the bleeding stops and they can field more teams.

Just a few teams from IE Surf moved to Arsenal to play ECNL.
Historically
Multiple teams and coaches left Arsenal with Cle that move led to combining force with another club to establish IE Surf. Now some teams left Arsenal to be in ECNL, but at the same time now that IE Surf is Legends IE. Both boys and girls now have opportunities to be in DA. Boys will also have opportunities for ECNL with Legends.

How does this offer IE girls DA or boys ECNL? A I see it, Legends IE is just another affiliate, pay to wear the shirts but get no benefits as to pathways just like when they were IE Surf. Do you mean because IE and Legends are close geographically the top players can leave their teams at IE and join main Legends in Norco? Or is this different somehow?

Made a call. Intel I do have is that Surf took the decision to drop IE based on performance so Legends moved in, and also that this may be the beginning of a move towards a different model. If you've heard different, let me know.

Back