How's your girl's 09 season going?

We are all more interested in the team USA vs rangers syl on sat . That is the true game of the week silver south.

Well, that was an even game.... for the first 30 seconds. Our girls got demolished and it was a good lesson on how it doesn’t matter who you are playing against, if you don’t show up ready to play, you’ll get embarrassed. And they did.

Well, that was an even game.... for the first 30 seconds. Our girls got demolished and it was a good lesson on how it doesn’t matter who you are playing against, if you don’t show up ready to play, you’ll get embarrassed. And they did.

Sorry to hear that you have a great group of girls and they will pick it back up and be better for it.

Ok, here is the SRS predictor that I have. Some items to note...we have way more 2009 teams this year (217 at last count) and Excel solver can only handle up to 200 different teams when running its algorithm. And there are about two dozen 2010 teams that have played 2009 teams that helps in finding the best solution. That said, this is for all of the games I could find for 2018 (have not added most of the fall league games yet).

View attachment 3223

This is great to see. I’d be interested to learn how it’s calculated.

Any way to do this in google sheets so that you can just post a link? I’d be happy to help

Sometimes the you just gotta take those teaching moments. We came in asleep to our first game. Happens to the best teams. Builds character. Sorry it was a tough day. I know that feeling.

So, CSL Silver North continues to be the Eagle's kingdom. Their 5-2 win in Santa Barbara this weekend keeps their fantastic winning streak alive and puts them 5 points adrift the chasing trio of Ole, SB and the Aztecs. To notice, the 3-1 win by LA Premiere over Ole.

In the South it was an eventful weekend, with my Rangers getting schooled at Team USA on Saturday but bouncing back with a solid win this morning vs Legends IE. Maybe not our best weekend of soccer but as other users kindly pointed out, this humbling losses can be a useful lesson.
As an example of how hard is to keep concentration with multiple games over a weekend, Team USA ended up losing to BYSC this morning. After a slow start BYSC is now going at full speed.

Rankings for the North here and for the South here

How was the weekend in SCDSL?

How was the weekend in SCDSL?
Hard to say with less scores being reported each week. I can only speak on the fight 1 North side...CDA Slammers Cerritos looks to continue their run through league play. Beach Nunes, Legends and Galaxy look to be only ones that could slow them down. Legends West and CDA Slammers HB have been struggling to find their footing.

Hard to say with less scores being reported each week. I can only speak on the fight 1 North side...CDA Slammers Cerritos looks to continue their run through league play. Beach Nunes, Legends and Galaxy look to be only ones that could slow them down. Legends West and CDA Slammers HB have been struggling to find their footing.
Legends West shouldn't even be a Flight 1 team, they're more suited for Flight 2. Feel bad for those girls, that team keeps getting out coached by every team.:confused::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Legends West shouldn't even be a Flight 1 team, they're more suited for Flight 2. Feel bad for those girls, that team keeps getting out coached by every team.:confused::rolleyes:
That's the case for the entire SCDSL league. Flight 1 teams that should be Flight 2, flight 2 that should be flight 3. SCDSL shouldn't allow self promotion. Makes no sense.

Also chances are that a lot of the top 20 teams this year will fall out next year when they play 9v9 and bigger fields. Rankings are cool but at this age group it's still too early. It just takes 2 athletic and highly skilled players on one team to carry the entire team.

Allowing clubs to decide flight level is better for the youngers. The club will know best on what the proper flight level will be for their team prior to the fall season. Last year's results for promotion/demotion can result in improper placement since teams can drastically change year to year. It's not a perfect system...some teams may not perform as well as they hoped and some teams may exceed expectations and crush in league play. But I think it's better for teams to challenge themselves and play up a flight (and struggle) rather than play it safe and just kill teams in a lower flight.

Allowing clubs to decide flight level is better for the youngers. The club will know best on what the proper flight level will be for their team prior to the fall season. Last year's results for promotion/demotion can result in improper placement since teams can drastically change year to year. It's not a perfect system...some teams may not perform as well as they hoped and some teams may exceed expectations and crush in league play. But I think it's better for teams to challenge themselves and play up a flight (and struggle) rather than play it safe and just kill teams in a lower flight.

I wholeheartedly agree with this, particularly the bolded part.

This was my daughters team exact situation we are a first year club team but felt we fared well in tourneys and scrimmaging some well established teams so our coach petitioned to coast to allow us to start in the silver division rather than start in bronze. We knew it would be difficult playing a group of teams with a good 30 - 40 games more playing experience than we do . We are very glad our coach made that decision and coast agreed I would not want to be playing bronze and having alot of lopsided meaningless outcomes. It has been a great experience for our avsc g09 team.

@Caltek

For a first year team of girls who I then assume never played club before, they are doing exceptionally well.
The choice of playing up to Silver was definitely the right one considering the results they are getting.
I just wish you were a little closer geographically

@Caltek

For a first year team of girls who I then assume never played club before, they are doing exceptionally well.
The choice of playing up to Silver was definitely the right one considering the results they are getting.
I just wish you were a little closer geographically

I know I agree it seems like the better teams are always a travel for us. All of the girls on our team played recreational last fall we started coming together and training in Feb. The girls are really passionate and work hard to improve every week . We are blessed with alot of people who give there all for these girls.

Went to see Apple Valley at Brea this morning. Hard fought game by both teams on that miniature field. Brea ended up with the 3-2 win. #8 on AV plays with such a drive that is hard not to root for her. She is a handful on the field.

Went to see Apple Valley at Brea this morning. Hard fought game by both teams on that miniature field. Brea ended up with the 3-2 win. #8 on AV plays with such a drive that is hard not to root for her. She is a handful on the field.

Yes field is very small not wide at all hard to play on . Wish we would have finished our chances. Gotta play better tommarrow if we want a result vs team usa.

Back