How's your girl's 09 season going?

LOL, someone on here disliked a video of my daughters' goals from Fall. User was from California (Thanks YouTube Studio)...That's pretty low to take it out on a 9 year old girl.

I put videos of my DD for my family and friends and others to see. I don't have Facebook. Have never put down anyone's DD here, nor would I ever. Took my other thread down because I obviously offended people which was not my intent. Not only that, I took the time to donate to this forum for the useful information and opinions.
For my part, I like the debate you brought to the forum, so thank you!

This in no way means I agree with you...

This girl can really play even though she is not on a top rated team! Love the ball skills and quickness. I know you can take highlights and make anybody look good but that is a great foundation to build on. Wonder if she will stay at that club.

LOL, someone on here disliked a video of my daughters' goals from Fall. User was from California (Thanks YouTube Studio)...That's pretty low to take it out on a 9 year old girl.

I put videos of my DD for my family and friends and others to see. I don't have Facebook. Have never put down anyone's DD here, nor would I ever. Took my other thread down because I obviously offended people which was not my intent. Not only that, I took the time to donate to this forum for the useful information and opinions.

To be honest, if you put on the videos on youtube you kind of have to expect that. Is it a crappy thing to do...….especially when kids are involved, but its not the kid posting it, its the parent, so expect the worst, I bet there were a lot more positive comments, focus on that.!!! I guess its what's your intentions of the dislike, it may be a cheap dig at you sadly . I posts videos of my kids on FB and IG, everyone that sees the videos knows her style of play and what the competition is, so they can make a fair assessment of the video good or bad.

Going to people posting videos, highlight reals etc, I am not opposed to that at all. But you will get haters and or people who would watch the video of a girl giving out life lessons, making the moves and looking awesome!!!

watching any type of videos like that I do have questions, what teams are they playing, what flight, etc. If video showed a player from Slammer PA doing that against The Eagles Flight 1 teams (or vise versa) I would be very impressed. I have seen many talented kids at this age, but put up against the same talent on the other side of the ball, those moves DONT work like that. If and when they do, please show that video, that will be impressive.

Keep in mind there are always haters out there, being an Eagle parent I see a lot of that stuff!!!

@Marspeed, you are proving yourself a point that you might not like. If you are upset about negative comments, imagine what this can do to your child.

Posting videos of kids playing soccer for the entire world to see brings good and bad comments. We all want to share videos of our kids with our friends and team parents. However, once you see kids creating their own YouTube Channel and Instagram channel, you have just opened up your child to a world of cybertrolling. If you can't handle a negative comment, imagine a 10 year old kid. The other problem that kids begin to think that they are the star and will continue to be the star as they grow up.

There's plenty of stories going on already in the news with young athletic girls that get bullied and stalked as their videos go viral or they get very popular on these digital platforms.

@Marspeed, you are proving yourself a point that you might not like. If you are upset about negative comments, imagine what this can do to your child.

Posting videos of kids playing soccer for the entire world to see brings good and bad comments. We all want to share videos of our kids with our friends and team parents. However, once you see kids creating their own YouTube Channel and Instagram channel, you have just opened up your child to a world of cybertrolling. If you can't handle a negative comment, imagine a 10 year old kid. The other problem that kids begin to think that they are the star and will continue to be the star as they grow up.

There's plenty of stories going on already in the news with young athletic girls that get bullied and stalked as their videos go viral or they get very popular on these digital platforms.

This is what I posted earlier, "I put videos of my DD for my family and friends and others to see. I don't have Facebook." Also, I posted this earlier, "I don't agree with what her parents are doing BTW. It is just a point of reference. A lot of young girls follow her as she is a hard worker... There are girls from your top '09 teams that also have IG accounts including both Slammers Cruz and PA. I'm sure you curse them too..." That was addressed to the @rainbow_unicorn

My kid can take criticism. We actually welcome it. But I'll say this ONCE again, we do not have FACEBOOK and our Instagram is set to PRIVATE. Just changed the settings on my YouTube channel as I don't care how many likes or dislikes she/we/us get. Just wanted to call out whoever the simpleton was who decided to specifically dislike the video of my daughter even though I never posted it here.

Lastly, while you may disagree with how some parents handle promoting they're child, they would be quick to argue that t has worked for them. Just ask Olivia Moutrie's parents, or countless other parents across many sports. I could post 100's of videos of top athletes at early ages. Disagreeing is fine but I don't think any of us should judge!

Anyways, moving on! Enjoy the weekend watching your DDs!

Mars Speed you should watch Wreck it Ralph 2.
Ralph can teach you some valuable lessons about the internet and the comment section.

Lastly, while you may disagree with how some parents handle promoting they're child, they would be quick to argue that t has worked for them. Just ask Olivia Moutrie's parents, or countless other parents across many sports. I could post 100's of videos of top athletes at early ages. Disagreeing is fine but I don't think any of us should judge!

Anyways, moving on! Enjoy the weekend watching your DDs!

I had no clue who Olivia Moutrie is but it sounds like at age 13 she made it to the pro league. Congrats for her but.........Really, @ 13 years she bypasses college to make $20k a year. Why?????

These parents are taking away a kid's chance to be a teenager and go to college for $20k a year?. Makes no sense to me.

A better path is finishing high school, going to college, making the USWNT team. She can make alot of money but there's so much that can happen between 13 to 20. Heck, look what happened to Freddy Ado errr (Awho?).

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland...ts-for-portland-thorns-in-preseason-game.html

Funny, we played against Freddy Adu in High School when he was at Walter Johnson. Amazing to watch!!! Such a shame.

Speaking of amazing, this Tennessee/Purdue game is sick!!!!!!!

Been fun and definitely see an advantage to those teams that pass well. Kickball looks even more ugly and less effective at 9v9 compared to 7v7.
You don’t see too many kids that dominate the field like in the 7v7 days. I like the 9v9 as it makes these kids think faster when they have the ball on their feet and focus on passing.

Thanks! That's my kid. You guys played well today.
Thanks. They shook off the previous game which ended in the most heartbreaking fashion - just one of those results we all get from time to time where the final score doesn’t reflect the game flow. Showed some character to come out and compete.

Cerritos Memorial this weekend

https://tgs.totalglobalsports.com/public/flightstandings.aspx?eid=1025&fid=6021

Slammers West MF the clear favorite in my opinion.
Our Hollywood '09 team is in a group with them and Team USA.

Looks like 09 Cruz and Crowley are playing up in 2008 (different flights). I don't think I see PA anywhere (not in Man City either). My understanding on Slammers teams gets really fuzzy after those teams and maybe AA. We have 2 in our group.

We gotta perform Sat/Sun but would look forward to seeing the Rangers either as an opponent or nearby game should we get out of group stage.

Our Hollywood '09 team is in a group with them and Team USA.

Looks like 09 Cruz and Crowley are playing up in 2008 (different flights). I don't think I see PA anywhere (not in Man City either). My understanding on Slammers teams gets really fuzzy after those teams and maybe AA. We have 2 in our group.

We gotta perform Sat/Sun but would look forward to seeing the Rangers either as an opponent or nearby game should we get out of group stage.
Actually looks like we play right before or after you on Westminster 4SS during group stage.

Back