How's your girl's 09 season going?

Silver North. Whos teams coming back? Anyone else see problems getting numbers out or keeping teams together?

Silver North. Whos teams coming back? Anyone else see problems getting numbers out or keeping teams together?
Don’t know the full deal but LAPFC and FC Golden State are playing in a 9v9 Spring League (looks like we have Team USA with us there too). Don’t know anything first hand about the other Silver North, but my take is they will all be fielding 9v9 teams - especially Eagles, SB, Aztecs, Ole.

Don’t know the full deal but LAPFC and FC Golden State are playing in a 9v9 Spring League (looks like we have Team USA with us there too). Don’t know anything first hand about the other Silver North, but my take is they will all be fielding 9v9 teams - especially Eagles, SB, Aztecs, Ole.

The Ole coach has taken his whole 09 team to Real So Cal.

@Chalklines You’re SB, correct? Assume you guys are fine for next year.

Teams good. Looks to be adding like everyone else for 9v9.

Got wind of Ole possibly leaving for SDCSL and MSA disbanding. Figured I would ask who's left.

Why don't the eagle's play in the same league as Real? Still new to the region. They look like neighbors on a map

Teams good. Looks to be adding like everyone else for 9v9.

Got wind of Ole possibly leaving for SDCSL and MSA disbanding. Figured I would ask who's left.

Why don't the eagle's play in the same league as Real? Still new to the region. They look like neighbors on a map
Yeah, MSA would have been the only one I would have speculated on just given the appeal of their best players hopping to Eagles if they came calling when expanding to 9v9....but had no first hand knowledge.

So was it just the Ole 2009 team or is Ole as a club switching to SCDSL? Sounded like former above and I do see Ole still listed on the CSL site.

Not sure on Eagles. That goes into the whole CSL vs SCDSL thing that has probably consumed countless threads on this forum before. CSL was only game in town for a while. Latter formed a few years back when some clubs formed it - looking to take the promotion/relegation out so teams focused on development vs. winning at all costs. I have heard varying points of view on whether that was truly realized. I think Real SoCal was a major architect from what I heard. I think every club constantly evaluates its leagues. I am sure the Eagles parent(s) on here probably have more perspective.

Yeah, MSA would have been the only one I would have speculated on just given the appeal of their best players hopping to Eagles if they came calling when expanding to 9v9....but had no first hand knowledge.

So was it just the Ole 2009 team or is Ole as a club switching to SCDSL? Sounded like former above and I do see Ole still listed on the CSL site.

Not sure on Eagles. That goes into the whole CSL vs SCDSL thing that has probably consumed countless threads on this forum before. CSL was only game in town for a while. Latter formed a few years back when some clubs formed it - looking to take the promotion/relegation out so teams focused on development vs. winning at all costs. I have heard varying points of view on whether that was truly realized. I think Real SoCal was a major architect from what I heard. I think every club constantly evaluates its leagues. I am sure the Eagles parent(s) on here probably have more perspective.

It's just the G2009 team that's going to RSC. The head coach for the 09 Ole team is making the switch and he took the whole team with him.

Not really. That is just a CDA league. Most teams are smart enough to stay out of these club leagues. I pity that Strikers team and their naïve coach. By June, he will be wondering what happened to his team. What happened was he joined the Slammers league which gives them 2 months to work on poaching his players. Ha, poor bastard..

Not really. That is just a CDA league. Most teams are smart enough to stay out of these club leagues. I pity that Strikers team and their naïve coach. By June, he will be wondering what happened to his team. What happened was he joined the Slammers league which gives them 2 months to work on poaching his players. Ha, poor bastard..
That same Strikers team is in the SoCal Elite Spring League where we (LAPFC) are - so my take is they are just trying to get as much 9v9 experience in as possible.

Perhaps some club leagues are a poaching mechanism - especially hosted by clubs with a wide geographic reach. I would see that as hard to pull off in this SoCal Elite one we are in. For one, there are no SoCal Elite teams in our division - it's all other clubs. Secondly, they are out in Chino Hills. While our families are OK with traveling for games, I think it would be a hard sell for any of our players to pick up and go to SoCal Elite to practice every week. SoCal Elite is not really comparable to CDA Slammers - both from a geographic reach and reputation standpoint.

Our main rationale was getting going with 9v9 and doing so with good competition. Close to us we have the Villa Parke league, but it often doesn't field teams that prep clubs for what they will face in the Fall and in their normal tournaments - many rec or new teams. CSL Spring leagues I have heard are a mixed bag.

Team USA is in this SoCal Elite league, which I assume is the same team as the Silver South Champs. If so, this Strikers North team is something to take note of, as they beat Team USA last weekend (2-1). Hopefully for them Slammers doesn't take much note.

I think that’s the Strikers team that got a few key players from the Legends West white team that won State Cup Governor and then dissolved. Am I wrong?

That same Strikers team is in the SoCal Elite Spring League where we (LAPFC) are - so my take is they are just trying to get as much 9v9 experience in as possible.

Perhaps some club leagues are a poaching mechanism - especially hosted by clubs with a wide geographic reach. I would see that as hard to pull off in this SoCal Elite one we are in. For one, there are no SoCal Elite teams in our division - it's all other clubs. Secondly, they are out in Chino Hills. While our families are OK with traveling for games, I think it would be a hard sell for any of our players to pick up and go to SoCal Elite to practice every week. SoCal Elite is not really comparable to CDA Slammers - both from a geographic reach and reputation standpoint.

Our main rationale was getting going with 9v9 and doing so with good competition. Close to us we have the Villa Parke league, but it often doesn't field teams that prep clubs for what they will face in the Fall and in their normal tournaments - many rec or new teams. CSL Spring leagues I have heard are a mixed bag.

Team USA is in this SoCal Elite league, which I assume is the same team as the Silver South Champs. If so, this Strikers North team is something to take note of, as they beat Team USA last weekend (2-1). Hopefully for them Slammers doesn't take much note.

Not sure but I saw team USA posting on Facebook then were looking for guest since they had some sick or injured kids. So not sure if that has something to do with the score. We avsc did play strikers north in state cup to a 0-0 draw . They are a good team we had some chances just couldn't finish that day.

From what I have seen, Slammers don’t need these tournaments to feed their recruiting machine, as they do it constantly (and sometimes shamelessly) at every possible other occasion.

My DD is the keeper with T-USA, we had 8 girls miss with either prior commitments, illness, or returning from injury. We joined the Spring League only a few days before it started. We had 4 guest players 1 of which was a 2010. We only had 8 players one of them got hurt in the game and we played with 7 for about 15 minutes before she went back in. We'll also be down this upcoming weekend though not as bad as before. We should at least be playing with our players.

Back