How to leave a team?!?!?

Winning matters. That's why they keep score. Also, I view it as a confirmation of what we are doing is right as it leads to success on the field. I understand you can win by playing bad soccer; that's not what I mean.

THats not what people understand though because 90 percent of parents can't even tell you what LOTG are and what good soccer is anyway. They equate good soccer with the W- they say things like "it was ugly but I will take it".
Winning soccer games doesn't matter to everyone. I care more about her grades than I do about her team winning. Seriously - it's taken me about five years to get here but I see soccer as a teacher of life lessons. I can see how being in a team that lost every single game would erode her love of the sport and how it would "matter" but that's a coaching issue not a player issue.
Winning at the SAT and ACT counts. Winning an ECNL championship for the hope of a scholarship or "look" from a college coach nah not so much.
Long view people...long view...

Correction.. parents and clubs do care about winning. Some parents want to win so they can brag and most all clubs want to win so they can recruit parents that love to brag

This is spot on and the proof is in the fact that if parents actually cared about the mental aspect of their daughters development they would not allow their daughters around certain DA coaches. Teams and clubs that have historically relied on their "wins" due to their cornering of the market no longer have that power. Some people believe they do and that's ok but those of us in this for the long haul see what's happening. It's refreshing that those of us who want our daughters around good people now have choices.

THats not what people understand though because 90 percent of parents can't even tell you what LOTG are and what good soccer is anyway. They equate good soccer with the W- they say things like "it was ugly but I will take it".
Winning soccer games doesn't matter to everyone. I care more about her grades than I do about her team winning. Seriously - it's taken me about five years to get here but I see soccer as a teacher of life lessons. I can see how being in a team that lost every single game would erode her love of the sport and how it would "matter" but that's a coaching issue not a player issue.
Winning at the SAT and ACT counts. Winning an ECNL championship for the hope of a scholarship or "look" from a college coach nah not so much.
Long view people...long view...
You are probably right, but try to get into some big tournaments, Blues or Surf, or National League, where the scouts are, with a shitty W-L record.

You are probably right, but try to get into some big tournaments, Blues or Surf, or National League, where the scouts are, with a shitty W-L record.

Not anymore- it's called the DA. The DA also records every single game which now the coaches can view with a push of a button. I can't imagine a Coaching staff not taking advantage of that new technology.
Yes I believe traditional methods will still exist and I love Surf Cup but DA will have their own flight anyway. Blues Cup started being irrelevant a year ago- look at who showed up.

And for the record I totally one hundred percent agree with you which is why I have been tortured for years. If we didn't go to the right club I knew we were limiting her looks. If we didn't play with the jerk coach she wouldn't be on the great team and then it didn't matter how great she was she wouldn't be seen really. I get it.
I just think the playing field leveled a bit.

On both occasions. The player changed clubs, bitter coach calls college head coach and talk shit on the player, college coach calls player to let them know what happened.

You got the last part correct, college coach thinks club coach is a wanker. LOL

Why would the club coach call to talk shit on his/her prior player?
So let me get this straight, the college coach took time out of her/his busy schedule to call a possible recruit or a player that was already recruited to tell her what her club coach said. If that happened I would question the professionalism of the college coach and her/his motives as well as the club coach. I would not want my dd playing for a coach like that. If that is the only offer for the player to a school she wants to attend, then there isn't much choice. But if the player has another offer from a college that she is interested in, choose the other college.

So let me get this straight, the college coach took time out of her/his busy schedule to call a possible recruit or a player that was already recruited to tell her what her club coach said. If that happened I would question the professionalism of the college coach and her/his motives as well as the club coach. I would not want my dd playing for a coach like that. If that is the only offer for the player to a school she wants to attend, then there isn't much choice. But if the player has another offer from a college that she is interested in, choose the other college.

Report at Ethics Line at the college - done and done.

On both occassions. The college coach contacted their "committed player" to inform them what their prior club coach said. I would want to know, if my prior club coach took the time to call my college coach and what kind of madness he/she was spewing. Why wouldn't you want to know? If I had a younger kid at the club, I would definately be pulling them after that BS move.

I don't get why you would be upset with the college coach. On both occasions the college coach backed up their committed player.

Not anymore- it's called the DA. The DA also records every single game which now the coaches can view with a push of a button. I can't imagine a Coaching staff not taking advantage of that new technology.
Yes I believe traditional methods will still exist and I love Surf Cup but DA will have their own flight anyway. Blues Cup started being irrelevant a year ago- look at who showed up.
Yes, but the vast majority of kids will not be in the DA.

And for the record I totally one hundred percent agree with you which is why I have been tortured for years. If we didn't go to the right club I knew we were limiting her looks. If we didn't play with the jerk coach she wouldn't be on the great team and then it didn't matter how great she was she wouldn't be seen really. I get it.
I just think the playing field leveled a bit.
I agree. Our DOC was guest coaching our team and he is quite the jerk at times, though never to my Daughter, but at other kids he would lose control. I had it all played out in my mind what I would do it he treated my daughter that way. I was going to walk across the field, in the middle of the game and punch him in the face and then take my girl and go home.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter, I am hitting the Power ball jackpot tonight, I will look you up after I cash in.
Scholarships for all.

YMMV....Recording of the games is actually optional, Cost $ and has to be arranged if you want pros. Home team is normally the one who sets up the recordings.

Some will pay the pros and share, Others don't record, some that do record don't share easily or freely. Sometimes there is a parent with a setup and they may or may not share, mostly not since there club's that tells them not to.

I agree. Our DOC was guest coaching our team and he is quite the jerk at times, though never to my Daughter, but at other kids he would lose control. I had it all played out in my mind what I would do it he treated my daughter that way. I was going to walk across the field, in the middle of the game and punch him in the face and then take my girl and go home.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter, I am hitting the Power ball jackpot tonight, I will look you up after I cash in.
Scholarships for all.
I know of a father who went off at his DD head coach at half time and Best part the coach at the time was only filling in. Player didn't start, my guess he was feed up and walked over and told him off. It took another coach to restrain the father. Crazy part, the parent and kid wasn't kicked out of the club.

I know of a father who went off at his DD head coach at half time and Best part the coach at the time was only filling in. Player didn't start, my guess he was feed up and walked over and told him off. It took another coach to restrain the father. Crazy part, the parent and kid wasn't kicked out of the club.
I think we all have witnessed bad behavior by coaches, so far we have been lucky it hasn't been directed at my daughter.

Sometimes it is hard to respect a "coach" who coaches part time and thinks that their job is more important than it is. I can see it if the coach is a full time employee of the club and has 3 or 4 teams, but really. I have had many experiences where a coach thinks he is a brain surgeon or engineer and is changing the world. I don't mean to disrespect coaches, but some need to realize their place in the order of things.

Logistics of leaving? If you haven't paid the full club fees yet, can you stop paying midway or are you bound by contract to pay for the entire season that your DD won't be playing with the club? How likely are you to get your DD's card released from your current club?
I am very curious to know the answer to these questions are they may apply to my DD shortly.

Sometimes it is hard to respect a "coach" who coaches part time and thinks that their job is more important than it is. I can see it if the coach is a full time employee of the club and has 3 or 4 teams, but really. I have had many experiences where a coach thinks he is a brain surgeon or engineer and is changing the world. I don't mean to disrespect coaches, but some need to realize their place in the order of things.
He wasn't a part time coach! The coach filling is the head coach of 2 ECNL teams at the same club.

Funny to me when a club expects you to be committed to the club when given a chance they would replace your daughter in a hot minute for a player that is better. I hate that it is that way but it is reality. We moved from a mediocre Club to one of the top clubs and they acted like I was a terrible person. LOL

Funny to me when a club expects you to be committed to the club when given a chance they would replace your daughter in a hot minute for a player that is better. I hate that it is that way but it is reality. We moved from a mediocre Club to one of the top clubs and they acted like I was a terrible person. LOL
What were your expectations? It works both ways, you can always leave the club after the season too. Your only committment is to your kid period.

What were your expectations? It works both ways, you can always leave the club after the season too. Your only committment is to your kid period.
I believe in commitment to a team through a season and they should have the same in return. When tryouts come, all bets are off and I will put my child where she wants to go and feels like she is having fun, is valued as a human being and a kid, and being developed. If that is at her current club, then no tryouts for another club will happen...Oh and a group of parents that aren't nut jobs! LOL We have experienced parents determining who is at fault for a goal being scored and sit around gossiping. That is just crazy!

Back