How to find a good private soccer training coach?

I personally think ayso and kicking the ball around with siblings is fine for 6-8 year old. If I had taken my kids to personal trainers at that age, I think it would have taken the "fun play" out of it. It continues to be "fun play" at their older ages, but with the help of some excellent club coaching to teach first touch, skill, etc. With some personal training fit in here and there the past couple of years, but not too much. Would they be better is they had gone to personal trainers since 6? I guess so. But would it be worth it? And would they have loved soccer as much as they do during that time? My feeling is no. I have one very skilled, technical player and that is due 50% to amazing club coaches and 50% to her drive/love of the game that motivates her to kick the ball against the wall in the backyard, play with the neighborhood boys, watch YouTube videos of famous players, etc.
I say let the kids play barefoot to have a better feel for the ball and kick the habit of toe kicking lol.

Interesting...you can hire Galaxy players Baggio Husidic or Alan Gordon on coachup...lol
A few years ago, we had a galaxy guy meet us at a park in his training uniform, who we found on coachup.com. $50 for the hour. He started for the Galaxy the following weekend at StubHub. Not a bad reflection on him at all, but a sad commentary on salaries for young American players in MLS.

I bought the Coerver app but can't seem to get my kids on routine schedule. I'd love to hire a skilled HS players, pay him/her $20 cash to make sure my little guys do them correctly 45 mins - 1 hr. There used to be Coerver training sessions in north SD but that didn't pan out.

I bought the Coerver app but can't seem to get my kids on routine schedule. I'd love to hire a skilled HS players, pay him/her $20 cash to make sure my little guys do them correctly 45 mins - 1 hr. There used to be Coerver training sessions in north SD but that didn't pan out.

My OS needed tutor help a year or so ago on his spelling. Just needed someone to go over the spelling list with him that his teacher gave out. We tried college students but they kept flaking (were busy with other things, and sometimes just didn't come). We had better luck with the HS student...they wanted the $ more. We ultimately went the coachup route because the college soccer freshmen we hired to kick around the soccer ball with Jr. an hour a week kept flaking.

I don't know about hiring a high school kid...have you seen how bad high school games are? Your better off finding a college kid just my 2 cents.

My OS needed tutor help a year or so ago on his spelling. Just needed someone to go over the spelling list with him that his teacher gave out. We tried college students but they kept flaking (were busy with other things, and sometimes just didn't come). We had better luck with the HS student...they wanted the $ more. We ultimately went the coachup route because the college soccer freshmen we hired to kick around the soccer ball with Jr. an hour a week kept flaking.
Sounds like you needed a adult instead. Hopefully the High School will know how to correctly and teach the right methods.

Sounds like you needed a adult instead. Hopefully the High School will know how to correctly and teach the right methods.
Nah. The teacher did that in tutoring for a 1/2 a week. He just needed to review the sounds lists she prepared 2x a week. HS student was enough for it, and as I said, unlike the college kids, didn't flake.

Back