How to do two tryouts simultaneously?

seesnake

SILVER
Annoyingly, clubs tend to schedule tryouts at precisely the same times. How do you manage to get your players to both tryouts? Any brilliant ideas? Thanks.

Completely agree 100%....Our DD switched teams after State Cup this year, but started training with the new team in November 2016 and guest played in a few tournaments. It was a great way to test drive before making the change....we were able to evaluate the coach, parents, and the kids to make sure it was the right environment for DD and that we could stand the parents.

Completely agree 100%....Our DD switched teams after State Cup this year, but started training with the new team in November 2016 and guest played in a few tournaments. It was a great way to test drive before making the change....we were able to evaluate the coach, parents, and the kids to make sure it was the right environment for DD and that we could stand the parents.
Plus, if you wait until tryouts, many coaches have already selected their teams unless you are an amazing impact player for that team. (especially higher level teams).

Plus, if you wait until tryouts, many coaches have already selected their teams unless you are an amazing impact player for that team. (especially higher level teams).
yeah mostly the big clubs who preach "better get in or be left out". people buy into that BS. if your kid is good theyll find a spot. hell theyll find a spot on the money team too. 99% of the time they are full of crap if they say they dont have room unless its academy or a flight 1 with maxed out rosters

Clubs pull this garbage to try to force you to pick the club you are going to commit to. As the posters above have noted, most of the teams are picked before tryouts; despite what the clubs tells you. Get out early and workout with the club and coach you are interested in. Good luck to you and your kid.

If your kid is wanting to change the club or team I find in one practice session the new team/coach knows if he has a fit for her.
As far as you wanting to know what the parents and coach are really about you should go sit on their sidelines during one of their games to see them in a real game situation.

Annoyingly, clubs tend to schedule tryouts at precisely the same times. How do you manage to get your players to both tryouts? Any brilliant ideas? Thanks.

I'm sure that some clubs do look at what other clubs schedule and try to do things at the same time. But I don't think they are that calculating.
Only so many days in the week and hours in the day for a tryout.

why wait for tryouts , if theres a team your kid and you like , ask to practice with them first. Ultimately its a two way street. You have to make sure if works for you and you child as well.....Last thing you want to do is make a move that ultimately you'll regret, wrong coach, wrong style of play, etc....Good Luck and have fun.

Clubs pull this garbage to try to force you to pick the club you are going to commit to. As the posters above have noted, most of the teams are picked before tryouts; despite what the clubs tells you. Get out early and workout with the club and coach you are interested in. Good luck to you and your kid.

The conspiracy theorists are out in full force. :)

Do realize how limited field space is? You think clubs are really gonna try and coordinate their tryout day/time for a specific age group so that a U11 kid can't attend another club's tryout?

Most clubs are just happy to be able to have enough space to be able to get all of their tryouts in.

The conspiracy theorists are out in full force. :)

Do realize how limited field space is? You think clubs are really gonna try and coordinate their tryout day/time for a specific age group so that a U11 kid can't attend another club's tryout?
in.
Call it what you want. And in answer to your questions; there isn’t a shortage of field space, especially if you space out the tryouts. And yes, I think that is exactly what they do. Don’t be naive or a club apologist. This is a business and the clubs want to limit your options.

Call it what you want. And in answer to your questions; there isn’t a shortage of field space, especially if you space out the tryouts. And yes, I think that is exactly what they do. Don’t be naive or a club apologist. This is a business and the clubs want to limit your options.

Yes especially since this suddenly changed a few years ago. Just all of the sudden! Hmmmmm

Clone your player!
This. My daughter is the keeper, but also top 2 in speed and loves to play forward. This way she could now do both. :) Plus play DA and play High School. My wife wouldn't mind a clone of herself to help with laundry and ubering the kids around.

This. My daughter is the keeper, but also top 2 in speed and loves to play forward. This way she could now do both. :) Plus play DA and play High School. My wife wouldn't mind a clone of herself to help with laundry and ubering the kids around.

Maybe YOU could help with laundry and driving the kids around;)

Maybe YOU could help with laundry and driving the kids around;)
Well put, but then I would need a clone of myself so I could be at work and at home when she does the driving and laundry. I do my fair share of driving in the evenings after getting home from work. Actually some of the best times spent with the kids as they aren't distracted by other things and you have a chance to chat about their day, about life, or the newest movie hitting the theaters.

Does anyone feel weird attending the practice of another team while still on a team?

Well put, but then I would need a clone of myself so I could be at work and at home when she does the driving and laundry. I do my fair share of driving in the evenings after getting home from work. Actually some of the best times spent with the kids as they aren't distracted by other things and you have a chance to chat about their day, about life, or the newest movie hitting the theaters.

Does anyone feel weird attending the practice of another team while still on a team?

It is weird. But don't feel weird. It's the fault of the clubs for even thinking about tryouts while the season is still underway. Your contract typically says something about the season lasting through State Cup. But clubs will look to add players before the calendar turns to another year.

I'll just speak from my experience.....I don't care when other club's tryouts are. If you think there is a better option for you, go take a look. If you are happy with what you are getting with me, I have nothing to worry about.

I can just tell you that I don't care when other clubs are running their tryouts, its the furthest thing from my mind. I'm focused on making my players and teams as good as they can be and the rest will take care of itself. If I provide a good experience for my players and parents then I shouldn't worry about other club's tryouts.

Maybe I'm in the minority here.....

Back