How does Arsenal still have an Academy?

A great season for my Son. We were at Arsenal for 8 years. This was my Sons team he also traveled with the 18's for Dallas. We are no longer at the club and at Surf for this current season because of my Sons aspirations to play H.S. . Although it was a rough bumpy ride with many errors by Arsenal. Specifically one bad director PG at the South Program who failed to move players to Academy inorder to keep his South program large and competitive . Our overall experience was good especially after PG was replaced. With any non prophet soccer club you cannot expect a over the top great product. To avoid these dynamics it would be nice to see Nasl and Semi pro clubs be the ones to receive Academy Status. I would again place my Son in the Arsenal Academy but would trust a pro run academy a lot more.

Hi new here... and after reading all this i just remembered why i left "big" club soccer now at little club soccer. I have great things to say about my experiance and i had bad experiances with the Arsenal needless to say im ok with them and rather just think about the positives.
Reading some of these posts stress me out as I have lost track of all the changes that have gone on in the recent years. I cant keep up with the stupid abriviations and leagues etc. dont care to look it up either at the moment.
Im a soccer mom been a soccer mom for over 13 years and now just have my 11 year old son playing hes an 05 playing 04. Two years ago i decided to give Arsenal another try but just was not worth it. So i took him back to his old team (lil club) .

Ive been thinking again its time to give him more and put him out there but the thought of going back to u pay u play or a coach having 4 teams or the complaining parents that still stay and all the competitivness a roster of 20 the price tag i just cant!
Reason im posting i cant sleep its 4 am gotta be at work at 8. Over all i think hes 11 developing is more important than anything in my opinion incase i was to consider moving him can anyone here recomend a great soccer coach? One that actually has the ability to develop.

Would love suggestions And also if im on the right path for my son as far as focusing on development wouldnt it be ok to not do the academy till hes older. And please dont tell me that playing with acadamy makes them better i do not share that opinion ive let him guest with Big clubs... and through connections i took him to play chivas cup with the actual Chivas school in Guadalajara MX last year he spent 1 month in evaluations and trainings hes just fine just not playing with the "top dogs" thats all....he can most defenitly compete with bigger clubs.

Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions! And im not one of those ima hide people i dont mind sharing who i am if anyone cares. Thanks everyone!

Hi new here... and after reading all this i just remembered why i left "big" club soccer now at little club soccer. I have great things to say about my experiance and i had bad experiances with the Arsenal needless to say im ok with them and rather just think about the positives.
Reading some of these posts stress me out as I have lost track of all the changes that have gone on in the recent years. I cant keep up with the stupid abriviations and leagues etc. dont care to look it up either at the moment.
Im a soccer mom been a soccer mom for over 13 years and now just have my 11 year old son playing hes an 05 playing 04. Two years ago i decided to give Arsenal another try but just was not worth it. So i took him back to his old team (lil club) .

Ive been thinking again its time to give him more and put him out there but the thought of going back to u pay u play or a coach having 4 teams or the complaining parents that still stay and all the competitivness a roster of 20 the price tag i just cant!
Reason im posting i cant sleep its 4 am gotta be at work at 8. Over all i think hes 11 developing is more important than anything in my opinion incase i was to consider moving him can anyone here recomend a great soccer coach? One that actually has the ability to develop.

Would love suggestions And also if im on the right path for my son as far as focusing on development wouldnt it be ok to not do the academy till hes older. And please dont tell me that playing with acadamy makes them better i do not share that opinion ive let him guest with Big clubs... and through connections i took him to play chivas cup with the actual Chivas school in Guadalajara MX last year he spent 1 month in evaluations and trainings hes just fine just not playing with the "top dogs" thats all....he can most defenitly compete with bigger clubs.

Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions! And im not one of those ima hide people i dont mind sharing who i am if anyone cares. Thanks everyone!
Who are you and what club are you with now?

Hello and my name is Dalen and my son plays for Fontana FC
Hi Dalen, my name is Simon. Unfortunately there are no great coaches in your area. You're actually in the best hands possible for that age. Fontana is mx league oriented that I know of and have Chivas professionals run clinics at times.

I'm wondering if Fontana FC was your connection?

Hi Dalen, my name is Simon. Unfortunately there are no great coaches in your area. You're actually in the best hands possible for that age. Fontana is mx league oriented that I know of and have Chivas professionals run clinics at times.

Yes they were my connection to the scout who took my son to chivas. Ive been at Fontana for years before it became a club. Im managing my sons team now and getting them signed up to the same tournments big clubs go to.

Fontana has good people and they try there hardest to find opportunities for kids with low income. When i decide to leave i know it will be a long drive something im willing to do if the training is worth it the price is not an issue for me if the training is great. My other question was if it was even really nesseary to put him in academy at 11 or 12...

Yes they were my connection to the scout who took my son to chivas. Ive been at Fontana for years before it became a club. Im managing my sons team now and getting them signed up to the same tournments big clubs go to.

Fontana has good people and they try there hardest to find opportunities for kids with low income. When i decide to leave i know it will be a long drive something im willing to do if the training is worth it the price is not an issue for me if the training is great. My other question was if it was even really nesseary to put him in academy at 11 or 12...

Sounds like you already have a lot of experience and have made good choices so far by getting good local coaching for your son.

I agree with SuperNatural that getting top coaching is the most important factor. I don't know enough about coaches or teams in your area to make a recommendation.

What I can say about the academy teams is that the level of competition is higher in the academy league. Almost all of the teams are pretty good or even great and there's no really bad teams out there. Your son will have to compete for his playing time, and how he does will answer the question, is this kid good enough to make this drive worth the effort.

Magnus the douche bag...is that you?

Back