Helping a friend

coachsamy

SILVER ELITE
Hi everyone, I normally don't use this forum for fundraisers but in this case I do want to help a friend. My good friend is a single dad that has raise his daughter alone and has never ask for help from anyone to have his DD play soccer. She's a great student and a great young lady. She's also a good friend of my DD.

She has an official visit to a college in the east coast and they are asking for help. If you can donate whatever amount it could be they will be greatly appreciative.

Thank you,
Sam

https://www.gofundme.com/help-natal...7BkuI3pd6F83rLNXb-m3L7YSJcMC7czxeitqspvGauF4g

D3 schools do not pay official visits. Don't know about NAIA.

Eastcoast is filled with small D3 schools so most likely one of those?

D3 schools do not pay official visits. Don't know about NAIA.

Eastcoast is filled with small D3 schools so most likely one of those?

Not true. My kid just recently went to two different D3 schools and both of them fully paid for official visit for 3 days.

It is case by case dependent on budget and school and interest level. Things can also come into play such as... smaller d2 school can apply money to official visit, or have kid pay for part of visit and put that money toward athletic scholarship money.

No hard and fast rules.

Not true. My kid just recently went to two different D3 schools and both of them fully paid for official visit for 3 days.
So maybe school dependent as noted by Pm38.

When our son took an official visit few years ago to a major D3 school, we were told travel costs were all our responsibility. Once at campus, it was taken care of.

Of course, thanks to this forum, I've learned that official visit serves different purpose for boys vs girls recruits (its a part of recruiting process for the boys and its my understanding that its after the verbal commitment for girls). So the budgeting for this type of expenses probably is different.

Back