Hard Cast during State Cup

Just A Parent...Why is it you can spell all of the important medical terms correctly but you can't spell some of the basic words in your posts the right way? For someone who has spent years in the field you are either a NP or a PA w/HUA (Figure out that term) or an Orthopedist with really bad spelling and terrible reading comprehension who just squeaked by in Med School. "smelly cleats" said to jump on Google real quick. You asked why would you bother looking for medical info on 'Google real'. Before that "espola" said they fired 'Dr. A' right off the field. You referred to him as 'Dr. A right'. I think you really are gathering all of your info off of Google!! THUN THUN THUN!! :eek:
Yeah I'm just stirring the pot. But for the record...I wouldn't want anyone with a cast playing in a game against my kid. My kid is a GK and although I've seen her take plenty of hits on the field, I'd rather not see the outcome of her against a striker after she takes a forearm to the face from a cast, padded or not.
I now return you to your regularly scheduled program of "Forum Posters vs J.A.P." in the great cast debate.
Google hey? OK.

But as far as you not wanting anyone playing with a cast against your son, that is your prerogative, just as it is the referee's prerogative to allow or not allow a cast.

The OP in the immediate aftermath of his/her child breaking their arm inquired about playing with a cast (I can understand how he/she felt in the moment). After giving it some time and looks like going to the orthopod, he/she logically determined that it wasn't the best idea to have their child play with a broken arm.

Ironically, its some of the refs, the very ones charged with player safety, that continue to promote having a child play injured. What's even more fascinating is its some of the same refs that when some parent is upset about refs, tells the complainers something to the effect of "its just kids playing soccer, its not life or death, get over it". Having perspective works both ways.

CalNorth doesn't allow any hard casts even with padding. Maybe its time CalSouth implemented the same policy, it would certainly take all the subjectivity out of the issue.

The OP in the immediate aftermath of his/her child breaking their arm inquired about playing with a cast (I can understand how he/she felt in the moment). After giving it some time and looks like going to the orthopod, he/she logically determined that it wasn't the best idea to have their child play with a broken arm.

Ironically, its some of the refs, the very ones charged with player safety, that continue to promote having a child play injured. What's even more fascinating is its some of the same refs that when some parent is upset about refs, tells the complainers something to the effect of "its just kids playing soccer, its not life or death, get over it". Having perspective works both ways.

CalNorth doesn't allow any hard casts even with padding. Maybe its time CalSouth implemented the same policy, it would certainly take all the subjectivity out of the issue.
One can choose to play in leagues in CalSouth that do not allow hard casts, like CSL. One can also decide not to play their kid if the kid has a cast.

Back