Great Park

With so many clubs now moving their training and games to the Great Park, what would have happened if this park didn't open?
Have clubs been forced to move there because they were losing field space? Or does it just make more sense to be on fields that are designed for soccer use?

With so many clubs now moving their training and games to the Great Park, what would have happened if this park didn't open?
Have clubs been forced to move there because they were losing field space? Or does it just make more sense to be on fields that are designed for soccer use?

With all the clubs expanding number of players, it would be a problem for many clubs currently training there if Great Park didn't exist. Specially in the winter time when daylight is an issue.

I think they know parents like nice facility and with all the olders in HS, there's more field space there. Only DAs (Irvine Strikers and LAFC Slammers) are practicing as olders there.

They have so many new fields and probably need to generate revenue to keep up the maintenance so everyone is happy happy. I did notice that the 6 new grass fields were in pretty worn shape at my kids last practice before the HS break there...

GP has four DA clubs practicing there plus several of non DA clubs. It’s pretty crowded most days but has been better since the HS break happened for the olders.

Great facility.

I think they know parents like nice facility and with all the olders in HS, there's more field space there. Only DAs (Irvine Strikers and LAFC Slammers) are practicing as olders there.

They have so many new fields and probably need to generate revenue to keep up the maintenance so everyone is happy happy. I did notice that the 6 new grass fields were in pretty worn shape at my kids last practice before the HS break there...

There are 8 new fields (1-8) and they are in great shape. You must be thinking of the old fields?

There are 8 new fields (1-8) and they are in great shape. You must be thinking of the old fields?

I'm referring to 6 fields next to the stadium (all grass).

I know they were getting ready to open more turf fields right off Marine Way. Have they open those now? I haven't been there for three weeks.

Back