Governor's State Cup Participation

Woodwork

SILVER ELITE
Are there a lot of dropouts for the Governor's cup as the date approaches or do all the accepted teams generally participate? I ask because my dd is in a youngers age group team accepted but we haven't heard anything from the coach about actually doing it. Not even a mention of it. Thanks!

My daughter played in Governor's division from U10-U12 and I don't think it is common for teams to drop out. There is plenty of time to drop out leading up to it. If you show up on the accepted teams, it means that you've paid and I would expect that her team will participate unless you've lost a lot of players for whatever reason.

There is always the option of calling your coach and asking
True, but I would just assume that you are in it... Coach really has no information beyond brackets... which are available online. No worries and no need to stress about it. If you are in, that means you paid money. If half your team left for TFA, then yeah, I'd be concerned and call the coach. If not... I wouldn't worry about it and ask next week at practice. No news is just no news.

Back