Governors State Cup G06

Dangerous tackle from behind by a Blues player followed by a retaliatory punch is what I was told by a few parents watching that game. The punch is what generated a straight red.
Parents thought red was justified?

Parents thought red was justified?
Yes. Sadly when it comes to a clear punch the message must be sent. Probably more of a instinct reaction after the take-down but a punch is a punch. Center was an older gentleman, based on his no call for many other plays I'm frankly very surprised he issued the red.

Yes. Sadly when it comes to a clear punch the message must be sent. Probably more of a instinct reaction after the take-down but a punch is a punch. Center was an older gentleman, based on his no call for many other plays I'm frankly very surprised he issued the red.

Yes a clear punch is deliberate. Evidently there was a red in presidents with a header to prevent a goal. That's different. You can argue that some other dangerous plays that are deliberate that can injure players warrant harsher calls, esp. quick plays, but it is still a sport. We've had players break wrists on the turf after a thrown elbow on shoves, etc. Really if it's deliberate and can injure, they have to put a stop to it.

Yes a clear punch is deliberate. Evidently there was a red in presidents with a header to prevent a goal. That's different. You can argue that some other dangerous plays that are deliberate that can injure players warrant harsher calls, esp. quick plays, but it is still a sport. We've had players break wrists on the turf after a thrown elbow on shoves, etc. Really if it's deliberate and can injure, they have to put a stop to it.

Referees don't see most things and when they do they are afraid to teach a lesson. We also have one or two coaches who think they should exploit this advantage in the almighty search for the W.

We played a game this year in which we received notification before the game that the opposing coach had been heard clearly telling his team to play with violence, not just simple physicality but truly violent. I won't publically call this coach out because while the statements that were relayed before the game rang true during the game (my DD was punched in the face and several others received high elbows), I did not directly hear them so they could have been misheard, misinterpreted, miscommunicated, etc.

That said if you have routinely witnessed a coach teaching girls not to simply play aggressively or more physically but to CLEARLY & DELIBERATELY cross the line into violence, perhaps it's time to start a thread calling them out. Be careful though we are talking about serious accusations that effect people's livelihoods. I read many things on this forum that are based on feeling rather than fact. Don't post it if you didn't hear it or if it was a one-time statement with poorly chosen words in the heat of battle. What I'm talking about is a clear deliberate part of the regular game plan where the coach notices but makes no effort to correct. Lastly, if your current coach is doing this why are you allowing him/her to teach your DD these things?

Referees don't see most things and when they do they are afraid to teach a lesson. We also have one or two coaches who think they should exploit this advantage in the almighty search for the W.

We played a game this year in which we received notification before the game that the opposing coach had been heard clearly telling his team to play with violence, not just simple physicality but truly violent. I won't publically call this coach out because while the statements that were relayed before the game rang true during the game (my DD was punched in the face and several others received high elbows), I did not directly hear them so they could have been misheard, misinterpreted, miscommunicated, etc.

That said if you have routinely witnessed a coach teaching girls not to simply play aggressively or more physically but to CLEARLY & DELIBERATELY cross the line into violence, perhaps it's time to start a thread calling them out. Be careful though we are talking about serious accusations that effect people's livelihoods. I read many things on this forum that are based on feeling rather than fact. Don't post it if you didn't hear it or if it was a one-time statement with poorly chosen words in the heat of battle. What I'm talking about is a clear deliberate part of the regular game plan where the coach notices but makes no effort to correct. Lastly, if your current coach is doing this why are you allowing him/her to teach your DD these things?

Agreed and well said. Thank you for sharing.

Please answer me this, and feel free to PM if you prefer....are the coaches initials SM? If so, something needs to be done to stop this guy "teaching" 10 year olds.

Rough players/teams eventually run up against higher level teams that are bigger, stronger and faster. These higher level teams do not usually play rough, but they have a way of convincing the rough players/teams that they won't take any of that crap.

Please answer me this, and feel free to PM if you prefer....are the coaches initials SM? If so, something needs to be done to stop this guy "teaching" 10 year olds.
Just curious... the coach your referring to fit their team appear in the governors or presidents?

Does anyone know why a player was ejected from palm desert soccer club's team in their game against blues Otto ? A red card was given for violent conduct.
I know the kid well, she is a sweet kid. I wasn't there but heard she "hammer fisted" a kid on accident. She felt terrible.

I will answer this.......If you are referring to Strikers Fc North SM my daughter has played for this team for 4 years with the same coach since rec. I have never heard or seen anything close to what you are implying nor would our parents or myself put up with this if it was true. We have played in many many tournaments over the years and in all these years I think this team has only received 2 yellow cards. I would not allow my daughter or son to play on a team that taught kids to be dirty. My name is Joe my kids are on Instagram @soccerkeeper1310 this is who we are. I wish you and your team the best.
Thank you

I saw this team play 1 time in League and they are a really solid group and they play a nice brand of soccer. I would think they are a slight favorite over Legends Gold.

Back