Gotsoccer.com ?

Is there starting to be a move away from gotsoccer.com?

The AZ soccer org is moving to Blue Star for the coming year. They will not use gotsoccer for teams, scheduling, etc.

I see some other state orgs are switching as well. I think Norcal has.

Good, their rankings where skewed in favor of events hosted on the GS platform.

It's an indication that Got Soccer has competitors, those competitors are joining with clubs to use their software.
Slammers run tournaments use TGS/totalglobalsports.com.
Surf teams are with Elite Soccer Clubs registration software, no tournament software yet, but you never know.
I'm sure there's more, it's a way to generate some income.

Oh no. What will all the U-Littles parents going to do without their precious rankings? Memories of life on the forums many years ago with Casper. Miss that guy.

Keep believing them.
In regards to YSR, I’ve been pretty surprised how accurate the “score” is in a “general” sense. It gives a reasonable indication of the skill of the 2 teams and how they will match up.

Obviously each game depends on which of your teams shows up; the aggressive, hard charging team or the “Ill hang back and wait for the ball” team.

The idea of “national” ranks is a stretch. Without a large enough pool of cross play, those numbers I find a bit more ethereal.

In regards to YSR, I’ve been pretty surprised how accurate the “score” is in a “general” sense. It gives a reasonable indication of the skill of the 2 teams and how they will match up.

Obviously each game depends on which of your teams shows up; the aggressive, hard charging team or the “Ill hang back and wait for the ball” team.

The idea of “national” ranks is a stretch. Without a large enough pool of cross play, those numbers I find a bit more ethereal.
Yes, agree with you that the National ranking is questionable. Breaking it down to your geographical location is much more reliable.

Back