GNT - inconsistent performance?

Are we doing a good job of identifying the best players ? I look at the "call ups" and the "ODP" and other "id" camps, etc... And I don't see the best players from the best teams being "identified".
Is this a consequence of our pay-to-play environment?

I don't think we're looking in the right places for the right players.
I love our professional leagues but they're just not up to the world level, yet.

I definitely don't think that we get all of the best players. I would call it 50/50 or 60/40. The real issue (elephant in the room) is the coaching. Until the address that we will continue to tread water or lose ground to the more established footballing countries in the world with far superior coaching.

I definitely don't think that we get all of the best players. I would call it 50/50 or 60/40. The real issue (elephant in the room) is the coaching. Until the address that we will continue to tread water or lose ground to the more established footballing countries in the world with far superior coaching.
Gotta agree with coaching. I also think identifying a style of play through a curriculum that starts at the youngest ages to the National team is needed. I kinda feel that the best players are not chosen has to do with the current stlye of play employed and stereotypical mold of player that is selected. Though there are few national players that in my mind do not fit the mold and have made an impact.

Yep, apparently they can pick the best when the girls are 13 years old and there is not much change or development from any of the other millions of soccer players after that. What is the purpose again of the DA if they are not going to find any other players on those 70+ DA teams. If they already have their group why didn't they leave the rest of youth soccer environment alone and let the girls stay on their original teams years ago before the age split

Glad to see she is sticking within the 2003 age for the most part - the past camps seem to have included a big percentage of underage players at the camps and it seems like there might be many high level players in those older years that have not been invited to those camps

Back