Girls DPL?

I don't believe so. DA is run by USSDA and DPL is not. DPL is guaranteed Silverlakes Showcase in November and Players Showcase in Vegas so no worries about having to get in to those events. Don't expect to see DA teams there since they are in league. Also the DA showcases and playoffs are on different dates then those showcases so no conflicts for coaches other than Surf Cup. I don't think the ECNL showcases conflict with either also. The bottom line though is both DA and ECNL showcases draw more coaches than any other showcase.
Are they guaranteed in those showcases as their own flight or will
they be placed according to their true ablity?

Are they guaranteed in those showcases as their own flight or will
they be placed according to their true ablity?

Don't know and don't care. At the older age groups those events are about individual exposure not team wins. I believe most DPL teams will compete in National Cup. You can wait till then if you desire to measure teams.

Don't know and don't care. At the older age groups those events are about individual exposure not team wins. I believe most DPL teams will compete in National Cup. You can wait till then if you desire to measure teams.

So does that mean that DPL will feed into National cup like CRL did? Just wondering how far we are asking college coaches and scouts to spread? Only so much money and time. Maybe these so called "useless" camps and "showcases" might be the better choice for the mid tier player. Coaches of late have expressed their approval. Any thoughts?

So does that mean that DPL will feed into National cup like CRL did? Just wondering how far we are asking college coaches and scouts to spread? Only so much money and time. Maybe these so called "useless" camps and "showcases" might be the better choice for the mid tier player. Coaches of late have expressed their approval. Any thoughts?

Dpl is a Cal South league, teams can pay $$ & play in the national cup tournament just like they do for all the leagues, CSL, DSL, etc.

This league is just like the others is far as scouting goes, rarely will you see college coaches at league games unless they coach one of teams playing.

DA has there own scouting network paid by ussda that evaluation players, teams at least 6x a year. They will be at the regular league games and showcases. They have no reasons & relationship to look at DPL or other league players.

The 9 games in the fall part of league is about 6 fewer compared to DA or CSL during that same time frame for example so hopefully more games are scheduled.

If you are going to say how great it is that DPL teams automatically get in these showcases, you should know and care what flight they will be playing in. Most of the time the bottom flights don't even play at the same fields in Vegas and thus I suspect ZERO coaches will make the effort to go and see one or two players when their time is better spent watching the top players who are all at the same field.

I can't compete with the Kool-Aide that has already gone to your head. Wait for National Cup.

If you are going to say how great it is that DPL teams automatically get in these showcases, you should know and care what flight they will be playing in. Most of the time the bottom flights don't even play at the same fields in Vegas and thus I suspect ZERO coaches will make the effort to go and see one or two players when their time is better spent watching the top players who are all at the same field.

I can't compete with the Kool-Aide that has already gone to your head. Wait for National Cup.

No Kool Aide drinking here. At Silverlakes in the summer the DPL teams were in the top flight with several other non DA teams. It remains to be seen where they will be in the next showcases. Likely top flight for November showcases and near the top at Vegas.

Our situation is a bit unique living in Ventura County. After the two DA the next best teams up here are in DPL. The drive to other DA teams is insane. Even more insane to OC for ECNL. The top flight SCSDL and CSL teams have all changed players or folded. What remains here is weaker than DPL. Its about picking the best option for your kid.

ECNL has eliminated their presence in LA and Ventura Counties only to increase their presence in SD County.
Which is kinda backwards thinking. Why increase a presence in a county heavily saturated with other ENCL and multiple DA programs. Go for the bang for your buck and look and higher populated and underrepresented areas to build and improve your brand. Just saying.

Which is kinda backwards thinking. Why increase a presence in a county heavily saturated with other ENCL and multiple DA programs. Go for the bang for your buck and look and higher populated and underrepresented areas to build and improve your brand. Just saying.
Agreed....as it's been said before, ECNL's big misstep was not having Enough presence in LA county.

My DD missed the cut for a DA2 team earlier this year. She happily stayed with her F1 team. Then early July the DA2 team called her back. And though she guest-played with them, by early July she was getting involved with HS sports. To join the DA2 team meant she would have to train 3-4 times a week and that type of schedule wouldn't allow her to continue in HS sports. So she decided to stick with her F1 team and HS sports. I thought it was the wrong decision but it was her decision and I fully support her.

So once the DPL schedule posted I took an eager look feeling like my DD would be missing out on this 'exclusive DA type league'. I was under the impression DA2 would mirror DA. But the schedules of both leagues tell a different story. DA schedule runs Sep'17-Jun'18 with 29 games & DPL schedule runs Sep'17-Nov'17 with 9 games. The DPL schedule mirrors more with what we see in SCDSL and CSL, not the DA. Maybe more games will be posted for DPL later? I also see several DA2 teams are in CRL. But they're middle of the pack and not necessarily having the success I thought a DA2 team would against F1 type teams. Maybe DA2 rosters are still being worked out?

The DA2 team gave my DD an invitation to join any time. So I encouraged her to keep that option open but with all I mention above now I'm not too sure. I'm interested in the thoughts and opinions of DA2 parents. Are you satisfied with the delivery of what you've seen thus far? What are your opinions on the DPL schedule? Other than schedule, are you seeing the DA2 program mirror the DA? How are the higher club fees being justified to you? What is the good stuff with DA2 I can relay to my DD for consideration?

No Kool Aide drinking here. At Silverlakes in the summer the DPL teams were in the top flight with several other non DA teams. It remains to be seen where they will be in the next showcases. Likely top flight for November showcases and near the top at Vegas.

Our situation is a bit unique living in Ventura County. After the two DA the next best teams up here are in DPL. The drive to other DA teams is insane. Even more insane to OC for ECNL. The top flight SCSDL and CSL teams have all changed players or folded. What remains here is weaker than DPL. Its about picking the best option for your kid.

Depends on the age group. There are non DA/DPL teams better than DPL in your area (depending on age group).

My DD missed the cut for a DA2 team earlier this year. She happily stayed with her F1 team. Then early July the DA2 team called her back. And though she guest-played with them, by early July she was getting involved with HS sports. To join the DA2 team meant she would have to train 3-4 times a week and that type of schedule wouldn't allow her to continue in HS sports. So she decided to stick with her F1 team and HS sports. I thought it was the wrong decision but it was her decision and I fully support her.

So once the DPL schedule posted I took an eager look feeling like my DD would be missing out on this 'exclusive DA type league'. I was under the impression DA2 would mirror DA. But the schedules of both leagues tell a different story. DA schedule runs Sep'17-Jun'18 with 29 games & DPL schedule runs Sep'17-Nov'17 with 9 games. The DPL schedule mirrors more with what we see in SCDSL and CSL, not the DA. Maybe more games will be posted for DPL later? I also see several DA2 teams are in CRL. But they're middle of the pack and not necessarily having the success I thought a DA2 team would against F1 type teams. Maybe DA2 rosters are still being worked out?

The DA2 team gave my DD an invitation to join any time. So I encouraged her to keep that option open but with all I mention above now I'm not too sure. I'm interested in the thoughts and opinions of DA2 parents. Are you satisfied with the delivery of what you've seen thus far? What are your opinions on the DPL schedule? Other than schedule, are you seeing the DA2 program mirror the DA? How are the higher club fees being justified to you? What is the good stuff with DA2 I can relay to my DD for consideration?
For a different perspective from AZ...

In AZ we have a DA team, and ECNL team and DA2.

I kind of rank them in that order. It is not to say the DA2 team will end up this year being 3rd best in AZ....but being on that team offers something AZ doesn't have. So that ranking is more related to opportunity. It offers 9 games vs So Cal teams that on average should be better vs your typical AZ team. So if my DD was not on a DA or ECNL team I would strongly consider the DA2 team simply because she would be exposed for (9 games) tougher competition vs what we see here.

Granted in So Cal the soccer situation is VASTLY different vs AZ and as such it may turn out that DA2 is not one of your top 3 opportunities.

Dpl is a Cal South league, teams can pay $$ & play in the national cup tournament just like they do for all the leagues, CSL, DSL, etc.

This league is just like the others is far as scouting goes, rarely will you see college coaches at league games unless they coach one of teams playing.

DA has there own scouting network paid by ussda that evaluation players, teams at least 6x a year. They will be at the regular league games and showcases. They have no reasons & relationship to look at DPL or other league players.

The 9 games in the fall part of league is about 6 fewer compared to DA or CSL during that same time frame for example so hopefully more games are scheduled.

So you're telling that college coaches will get everything they need from the DA and won't even bother scouting ECNL showcases or national playoffs? Ha! I've seen some ECNL vs. DA scrimmages lately, and 2 ended in ties and third was a blowout, in favor of ECNL. The 01 and 02 age group talent wise, seems to be spread out. Haven't seen any DPL teams, so can't comment, but I would think scouts are going to have to divide time between DA and ECNL, specifically.

So you're telling that college coaches will get everything they need from the DA and won't even bother scouting ECNL showcases or national playoffs? Ha! I've seen some ECNL vs. DA scrimmages lately, and 2 ended in ties and third was a blowout, in favor of ECNL. The 01 and 02 age group talent wise, seems to be spread out. Haven't seen any DPL teams, so can't comment, but I would think scouts are going to have to divide time between DA and ECNL, specifically.

Nope you missed understood, ECNL will continue to be a good place for college scouting at the showcases, playoffs, and the occasional league games.

The Cal South leagues like CSL, DSL DPL, etc will be like they have been, very few scouts at those game unless they happen to have some coaching or other reasons to be there.

The DA scouting that regularly goes on is not for college per say, youth national team pools and teams is the primary aim. Limited numbers of college personnel do show up at the DA showcase, playoffs, tournaments regularly but not normally at league games.

equipo, my dd is on an 03 DA II (or DPL) team. We are with Pateadores and they told us that the players on the DA II team would be able to play HS soccer. This was a big factor in our decision. I am curious what DA II organization your dd is in contact with saying that she cannot play HS sports. There are multiple DA teams that say no HS sports, but the DA II teams are not supposed to be subject to the same restriction on HS sports (from what I understand). I think that is why you see the DA II schedule ending before Thanksgiving, so the players can go off to the HS soccer team when it is time.

9 league games seems low, but it doesn't really matter to me. As for my overall thoughts of DA II, I have no complaints. My dd does not want to train 4x per week and make soccer her full time non-school activity. For certain players and parents, this commitment is just fine. Not for my family. Will that change in time for my dd, maybe, but it will be her decision and not mine.

As for higher fees, I am paying the same total I paid the last two years when my dd played for an OC team that played in SCDSL flight 1.

At the end of the day, your dd should play for a team that she wants to play for, with players she likes, with a coach she likes and she should be one of the players who gets the bulk of the minutes in games. It doesn't matter what league she plays for.

equipo, my dd is on an 03 DA II (or DPL) team. We are with Pateadores and they told us that the players on the DA II team would be able to play HS soccer. This was a big factor in our decision.

Same experience on a different club. My DD is on a DPL team and a number of her teammates are not on the DA team primarily because they want to play HS soccer. I am curious how prevalent that is. Playing HS is a big deal for a lot of girls including my DD. It will be interesting to see what that means for the DPL pool; I don't think it will be as clear cut as "those players who didn't make the DA team".

Same experience on a different club. My DD is on a DPL team and a number of her teammates are not on the DA team primarily because they want to play HS soccer. I am curious how prevalent that is. Playing HS is a big deal for a lot of girls including my DD. It will be interesting to see what that means for the DPL pool; I don't think it will be as clear cut as "those players who didn't make the DA team".
Is it that your club doesn't offer ECNL? I'm in disbelief that your club has better players on a DA2 team than DA1 unless they are 02s or higher. You have almost no chance of showcasing her in front of colleges in DA2. ECNL allows for high school and is a proven soccer circuit so why play in a league that has nothing to offer at this point? Do you really believe that you have time and things will work out for this league to find a place among all the proven leagues? Your post implies she has the talent to play DA and if the restrictions are not to her liking then ECNL might be a better fit in the long run.

Back