Girls DPL?

I am pretty sure that he, along with the other DOC you reference, are the ones that created the league (whether it was necessary is a different argument/conversation).
Actually the DAII website is registered to someone else (happens to be an employee of a club here in Carlsbad).
The LAGSD slide show from the 2/6/2017 DA/DAII presentation laid out a lot of what the tentative plan was.
I am sure that field time will be an issue in Carlsbad; there are a LOT of competitive & rec teams and limited space.
I agree with you about Labor Day. It is always nice to know the schedule in advance.
If we are going to give the club DOCs a hard time for over selling DAII, I would ask you this: If the DAII players & parents are happy, isn't that enough?
It would be enough if DAII players and parents are happy, but aren't the parents on here and in the age specific threads complaining about not knowing the schedule? Stop complaining if you are happy and wait for schedules like all the other leagues.

Well I am sure they have having fun with scheduling. These DA2 teams will play in a CA league. So they have to wait and look at those schedules. Then do not forget that AZ has a DPL team too. So AZ just posted their league info. So now however is running the DPL has to consider both the CA league schedule and the AZ league schedule and then look to see when teams can play. That is a lot of juggling. Some may say a pain ;)

And in AZ from what I hear...the parents at del Sol are wondering about scheduling, etc. and not terribly pleased at this point about the lack of info.

They may end up playing at a single venue (i.e., CSL Premier games), as you say but consider the following:

- Fields are allocated to clubs, not leagues or teams normally, with few exceptions
- Priority is set by each city and rec programs have the highest priority as you probably know
- DPL website states that they'll often play at the same venue as the DA games

So most likely outcome is that some of the games will be at the same venue as DA games and others where the home club normally plays their teams.

Sounds logical but in reality has not happened. Leagues require teams provide field space and permits by certain dates. Some clubs are in 3-4 leagues so who is getting priority? DA, ECNL, DSL, CSL, Presidio and then everybody else?

DA is a much higher priority yet some clubs are still struggling just to get enough space and get those games scheduled. Longshot at this point to think there is room to squeeze another set of teams in with them.

Sounds logical but in reality has not happened. Leagues require teams provide field space and permits by certain dates. Some clubs are in 3-4 leagues so who is getting priority? ...

League requires the club to provide fields, not teams (unless its an independent single team, in which case will not qualify for SCDSL (5 team min) and CSL has a basket to catch independent team under a single imaginary club for administrative purposes).

How it gets prioritized is up to the club, not the league or teams. If a club is struggling to get fields, it won't matter what or how many leagues they are playing.

Well I am sure they have having fun with scheduling. These DA2 teams will play in a CA league. So they have to wait and look at those schedules. Then do not forget that AZ has a DPL team too. So AZ just posted their league info. So now however is running the DPL has to consider both the CA league schedule and the AZ league schedule and then look to see when teams can play. That is a lot of juggling. Some may say a pain ;)

And in AZ from what I hear...the parents at del Sol are wondering about scheduling, etc. and not terribly pleased at this point about the lack of info.
DAII teams will only play in DPL from what I'm told.

Sounds logical but in reality has not happened. Leagues require teams provide field space and permits by certain dates. Some clubs are in 3-4 leagues so who is getting priority? DA, ECNL, DSL, CSL, Presidio and then everybody else?

DA is a much higher priority yet some clubs are still struggling just to get enough space and get those games scheduled. Longshot at this point to think there is room to squeeze another set of teams in with them.
Spot on. For instance, looks like Blues doesn't know where the DA teams will be playing. Lots of TBD's on those schedules.

Actually that is not the case. If you look at the AZ schedule you will see the del Sol DAII team is playing games in that league. Maybe CA is different.
If you mean they are playing in an Arizona league then good for them. The travel for DA is ridiculous especially on top of the 4 days a week training. Not so bad in SoCal since we have so many teams, but looking at the NorCal teams they are traveling everywhere from Washington to San Diego quiet often just as the Arizona team is coming out to SoCal. Now for a DA II team to do this travel is a joke so I really hope that it is limited to SoCal and not include the Arizona team (other than for showcases). Their time would be better spent training than traveling and I don't believe any of their DAII teams with the exception of Beach could match top SCDSL and CSL teams.

http://primetimesportz.bonzidev.com/schedules

Schedules are up. Looks like some the games are to be played at the same time and complex as DA games. SC del Sol only needs to travel out to So Cal 3 times. Finally where in the heck is St Jeanne? LA Galaxy's home field?

Catholic School in Santa Ana.

Some strange venues: Pine Park, Poinsetta Park, St Jeanne, UC high school, Rose Mofford, etc.

Very few games at da venues besides Silverlakes & Grande, don't appear to be at most of the venues da plays at? Maybe Pierce college?

Grande sport world is really nice so that should be a fun trip to AZ.

Does the season go past mid November?

Catholic School in Santa Ana.

Some strange venues: Pine Park, Poinsetta Park, St Jeanne, UC high school, Rose Mofford, etc.

Very few games at da venues besides Silverlakes & Grande, don't appear to be at most of the venues da plays at? Maybe Pierce college?

Grande sport world is really nice so that should be a fun trip to AZ.

Does the season go past mid November?

Pine Avenue Park & Poinsettia Park are both in Carlsbad (turf for both) The LAGSD girls DA teams all practice at Poinsettia Park. Both very nice complexes.

Pine Avenue Park & Poinsettia Park are both in Carlsbad (turf for both) The LAGSD girls DA teams all practice at Poinsettia Park. Both very nice complexes.

Pine doesn't have stands or bleachers, but it is brand new turf as of this summer. Not sure about Poinsettia. Last I was at Poinsettia, it showed some signs of use. Has it been updated lately? Haven't been there in a few years.

In regards to previous posts and comments, does that mean that DPL teams are playing the same weekend as teams in DA, but not necessarily at the same location? Guess I'm not sure what this DPL league is trying to accomplish. But more importantly, is it confirmed that all DPL teams will play the same weekend as the DA showcases and at the same venue? That's the money ticket right there! If any of you were in Illinois for ECNL playoffs, you would know what it looks like to be the sad step sister for the ECNL. If you weren't in Champions League, you got the hose. Fields off to the back or even off site. No coaches. Or very few. Not sure it's worth it for lower level teams to even travel for some of these showcases.

Pine doesn't have stands or bleachers, but it is brand new turf as of this summer. Not sure about Poinsettia. Last I was at Poinsettia, it showed some signs of use. Has it been updated lately? Haven't been there in a few years.

In regards to previous posts and comments, does that mean that DPL teams are playing the same weekend as teams in DA, but not necessarily at the same location? Guess I'm not sure what this DPL league is trying to accomplish. But more importantly, is it confirmed that all DPL teams will play the same weekend as the DA showcases and at the same venue? That's the money ticket right there! If any of you were in Illinois for ECNL playoffs, you would know what it looks like to be the sad step sister for the ECNL. If you weren't in Champions League, you got the hose. Fields off to the back or even off site. No coaches. Or very few. Not sure it's worth it for lower level teams to even travel for some of these showcases.
Poinsettia had new turf laid prior to the start of last season.

Eagles has 4/9 games at the same date and Complex as DA on fields side by side

That's great, but honestly, it's the showcases that count. You are more likely to have college coaches at your practices to see certain players and YNT kids, than you are to see coaches at many league games. I can't believe DA is going to change anything that ECNL hasn't already seen. It's all about showcases and Playoffs. Now will those be played at the same venue and same dates?

I don't believe so. DA is run by USSDA and DPL is not. DPL is guaranteed Silverlakes Showcase in November and Players Showcase in Vegas so no worries about having to get in to those events. Don't expect to see DA teams there since they are in league. Also the DA showcases and playoffs are on different dates then those showcases so no conflicts for coaches other than Surf Cup. I don't think the ECNL showcases conflict with either also. The bottom line though is both DA and ECNL showcases draw more coaches than any other showcase.

Back