Girls DPL?

Only cause you have a particular distain for A few of the “track suits” that started the league
False name and bragging rights are much better than what most people are paying for :)
Now I have heard it all. Just sad.
@Kicker my comment was directed at this lame comment. Based on his other comments, I don't feel he made this statement jokingly.
I have no problem with DPL other than it is another league that waters down teams and causes more travel. I would have been happy if there was only Presidio and CSL. To make more money and maintain control, adults are using kids.
You are right thou that I do not like the tracksuit wearing used car salesmen. Although Duggan had a hand in creating DPL, I believe that LAGSD is trying to do the right thing, i.e. develop players. They have moved up DPL players and a lot of their teams have always been homegrown. On their website they call the DPL Pilot "DPL Pilot."
However Ginns is a crook. He also had a hand in creating DPL and is the one that was using the name DA 2 until US Soccer put a end to it. Now he is calling the DPL Pilot "DA-DPL." Based on my conversations with coaches and parents, Albion is the one that is actively telling DPL players that they are part of US Soccer's DA program. This is just plain dishonest

So back to DPL stuff. This coming year it appears that the DPL clubs will offer a full schedule of games...ie home and away vs a rather limited schedule this year.

Does that make DPL attractive in comparison to ECNL in the SW area?

I would say my answer is a qualified no. The vast majority of DPL players will not get a chance to move to the DA. So for those girls if they can make an ECNL team it would be a much better option. For the very few girls that realistically have a chance to get moved to the DA, then if playing DA is their goal the DPL offers a better path for moving up within a season. But this is a very small minority.

I would say my answer is a qualified no. The vast majority of DPL players will not get a chance to move to the DA. So for those girls if they can make an ECNL team it would be a much better option. For the very few girls that realistically have a chance to get moved to the DA, then if playing DA is their goal the DPL offers a better path for moving up within a season. But this is a very small minority.
Simi, did your player get moved up to DA this year?

Who alienated a player and forced her out? Stop making up stories like a snowflake. Some kids go to the sidelines and cry when asked to step it up by their peers. It is up to the coach or the player to decide. In this case the player decided and made the right decision.

Are you mental? YOU were the one that said the kids forced her out. My kid isn't looking to move anywhere, but I'd love to know who your DD plays for, so I could avoid at all costs and warn others. And I'm ok with being called a snowflake. Was that supposed to insult me?

In case you need help remembering what you wrote, see below....

LadiesMan217 said:
TMK - Only 1 kid has quit DA at our club and she quit because of pressure from other players (she didn't belong).

LadiesMan217 said:
The kid sucked and the other players were tired of it. Was it your kid?

BTW - she quit just before getting the boot. Coach probably happy.

Are you mental? YOU were the one that said the kids forced her out. My kid isn't looking to move anywhere, but I'd love to know who your DD plays for, so I could avoid at all costs and warn others. And I'm ok with being called a snowflake. Was that supposed to insult me?

LadiesMan217 said:
TMK - Only 1 kid has quit DA at our club and she quit because of pressure from other players (she didn't belong).

LadiesMan217 said:

Count me as 1 vote for mental and arrogant.

LadiesMan217 said:

LadiesMan217 said:

Nah, man. You don't understand. He is preparing his DD to go hard for the mean streets of Santa Clara U, you know the
Jesuits, ΧΡΙΣΤΟΣ hard core. Broncos 4 Life, bro.

So back to DPL stuff. This coming year it appears that the DPL clubs will offer a full schedule of games...ie home and away vs a rather limited schedule this year.

Does that make DPL attractive in comparison to ECNL in the SW area?

Yes I hear DPL, will be more of a league this year. Fall and Spring, no National Cup. They will play some other DPL conferences in National Final. I hear Texas for sure will
have a DPL of some sort.

Anyone else hear this?

Yes I hear DPL, will be more of a league this year. Fall and Spring, no National Cup. They will play some other DPL conferences in National Final. I hear Texas for sure will
have a DPL of some sort.

Anyone else hear this?
There are some very good teams in DPL, but if my DD were on one of those teams, I wouldn't be happy about this. Only 14 of the 36 2003-2000 So Cal DPL teams made the Round of 16 in National Cup this year. Now it seems the 14 good DPL teams will have to give up playing other good teams in National Cup (and other tournaments) in exchange for playing the 21 weak DPL teams twice.

@Simisoccerfan, I recall you saying the imbalance in DPL didn't matter because it was only a few games out of the season. What's your view on this change?

Maybe the teams will become stronger now?

Just talking out loud.

All of these 2nd tier leagues have good ideas, bad implementation. Hope this is not the case.

The disctinction is that many like Lampchop are being mislead into believing it is sanctioned and possibly paying more for a false
name and false bragging rights.
How are they paying more? Dumb. Where did you get that idea? Except for the "freebies", they are paying no matter what league they are in.

Can someone tell me, I am sure it's here somewhere but it's a very long thread, what a DPL season looks like in southern Ca? Months of play, number games, location of games last year? If you play DPL I assume you don't play SCDSL? Just the basics please

The disctinction is that many like Lampchop are being mislead into believing it is sanctioned and possibly paying more for a false
name and false bragging rights.
How are they paying more? Dumb. Where did you get that idea? Except for the "freebies", they are paying no matter what league they are in.
If you look what I said, I used the phrase "Possibly paying more." I don't know what your club charges but this season I looked into the cost of DPL vs the 3rd team at Albion. Despite the same number of hours of training per week and same season length, DPL teams paid a few hundred more than the 3rd teams. Plus they had to travel to Arizona for 1 league game. Two of their DPL teams would have been fine playing in Presidio and two could have played in CSL. So tell me what the extra $ was for, the patch?

There are some very good teams in DPL, but if my DD were on one of those teams, I wouldn't be happy about this. Only 14 of the 36 2003-2000 So Cal DPL teams made the Round of 16 in National Cup this year. Now it seems the 14 good DPL teams will have to give up playing other good teams in National Cup (and other tournaments) in exchange for playing the 21 weak DPL teams twice.

@Simisoccerfan, I recall you saying the imbalance in DPL didn't matter because it was only a few games out of the season. What's your view on this change?

We are no longer playing DPL but I think having a full DPL season mimicking the DA season is a good thing. I would be in favor of not playing National Cup and much fewer tournaments for DPL teams as long as they can attract college coaches when they play. After about the age of 14, I am a big fan of fewer games. There is no way girls at this age can play two games a day and still play at 100%. In fact I much prefer just one game a weekend. Kids need to be in an environment where they practice hard every practice and fight for the right for playing time on the weekend. Playing time needs to be earned when they get older and play at the higher levels.

Back