Girls DPL?

ECNL schedules not out yet either. Though GDA schedule is up it lacks times and fields last I looked. I'm sure schedules for all leagues will be posted in the near future.

Especially if you live right there.

Sorry, I did not see your response until now.

The reason I suggested OCGP over Silverlakes, Gallway Downs or San Bernardino Complex is weather related. At the OCGP, you don't have to worry about the intense heat or high winds. Plus the fields are just nicer.

Sorry, I did not see your response until now.

The reason I suggested OCGP over Silverlakes, Gallway Downs or San Bernardino Complex is weather related. At the OCGP, you don't have to worry about the intense heat or high winds. Plus the fields are just nicer.
Wasn't debating it.....it's the closest venue to me of those you listed, has free parking and lots of food and activities very close by.

If these clubs would communicate openly and honestly with families, I don't think there would be any hang ups. Some families feel that clubs over promised and have under delivered and really are making zero effort to make things right.

Ideally, the leadership at these clubs would be proactive or minimally react by responding to inquiries and would give it to families straight. If this was happening, this post would not be here and we would not be left wondering what has happened with our investment in this year of club soccer.

I am all for transparency believe me. Not a slam on a curious parent at all.
The thing I find distasteful is when coaches from other clubs come on here acting like they are parents when they are attempting to slander another club. That is not cool. Be careful not to fall into a trap around here. There have been plenty of people "upset with a league" who are ECNL club coaches.
I am not accusing Monkey of that behavior but there are five well known other posters who play that game. No not calling them out so don't ask

If these clubs would communicate openly and honestly with families, I don't think there would be any hang ups. Some families feel that clubs over promised and have under delivered and really are making zero effort to make things right.

Ideally, the leadership at these clubs would be proactive or minimally react by responding to inquiries and would give it to families straight. If this was happening, this post would not be here and we would not be left wondering what has happened with
our investment in this year of club soccer.

On a side note I have never heard Gins or Dugan accused of not being straight forward. To the contrary I have heard that they are too straight and hurt parents feelings...so I would encourage you to email and call those numbers.

I have seen the schedule with teams and dates but no times or fields yet

With all the local field space issues with all the other leagues that have prority I won't be surprised if they are at Norco or shared complexs. Some clubs are getting fined for not having the field permits like they promised in the other leagues.

Wishfull thinking league , let's hope teams have real home games.

Ideally, the leadership at these clubs would be proactive or minimally react by responding to inquiries and would give it to families straight. If this was happening, this post would not be here and we would not be left wondering what has happened with our investment in this year of club soccer.
I agree with you completely. I am not a coach and don't have an axe to grind. I would just like to see someone be held accountable.

Ginns is going around claiming he is the one that put together this new league and the website is registered in Duggan's name. If they are going to claim that they are doing great things for kids with DPL, they should be held accoutable and respond. Both clubs have plenty of coaches and DPL parents that frequent this site and I am sure several parents have asked their coaches and managers but now it is claimed that they don't have contol over the schedules. Geeze even Presidio has their schedules out yet DPL parents can't even get an answer as to which weekend it starts. Some people do like to make plans for Labor Day weekend if their team is not playing.

With all the local field space issues with all the other leagues that have prority I won't be surprised if they are at Norco or shared complexs.....

They may end up playing at a single venue (i.e., CSL Premier games), as you say but consider the following:

- Fields are allocated to clubs, not leagues or teams normally, with few exceptions
- Priority is set by each city and rec programs have the highest priority as you probably know
- DPL website states that they'll often play at the same venue as the DA games

So most likely outcome is that some of the games will be at the same venue as DA games and others where the home club normally plays their teams.

I agree with you completely. I am not a coach and don't have an axe to grind. I would just like to see someone be held accountable.

Ginns is going around claiming he is the one that put together this new league and the website is registered in Duggan's name. If they are going to claim that they are doing great things for kids with DPL, they should be held accoutable and respond. Both clubs have plenty of coaches and DPL parents that frequent this site and I am sure several parents have asked their coaches and managers but now it is claimed that they don't have contol over the schedules. Geeze even Presidio has their schedules out yet DPL parents can't even get an answer as to which weekend it starts. Some people do like to make plans for Labor Day weekend if their team is not playing.
I am pretty sure that he, along with the other DOC you reference, are the ones that created the league (whether it was necessary is a different argument/conversation).
Actually the DAII website is registered to someone else (happens to be an employee of a club here in Carlsbad).
The LAGSD slide show from the 2/6/2017 DA/DAII presentation laid out a lot of what the tentative plan was.
I am sure that field time will be an issue in Carlsbad; there are a LOT of competitive & rec teams and limited space.
I agree with you about Labor Day. It is always nice to know the schedule in advance.
If we are going to give the club DOCs a hard time for over selling DAII, I would ask you this: If the DAII players & parents are happy, isn't that enough?

Back