Girls Development Academy

If your post is true, lmao! What has LA Premier ever won or for that matter produced?

The Academy will use the following criteria when evaluating the application of each club for membership:
  • Leadership of the club and quality of the coaching staff.
  • Desire to embrace and promote the core values of the program.
  • U.S. Soccer license levels of coaching staff.
  • Infrastructure of the club and the resources currently being invested in development (facilities, scholarships, staff to player ratio, etc.).
  • History of player production for youth National Teams, the Women's National Team, and professional leagues.
  • Market with player depth, geographic location, proximity to other elite clubs and travel implications.
Trophies won is not a criteria. Still didn't see it coming.

The Academy will use the following criteria when evaluating the application of each club for membership:
  • Leadership of the club and quality of the coaching staff.
  • Desire to embrace and promote the core values of the program.
  • U.S. Soccer license levels of coaching staff.
  • Infrastructure of the club and the resources currently being invested in development (facilities, scholarships, staff to player ratio, etc.).
  • History of player production for youth National Teams, the Women's National Team, and professional leagues.
  • Market with player depth, geographic location, proximity to other elite clubs and travel implications.
Trophies won is not a criteria. Still didn't see it coming.

Like I posted what have they produced, as in girls? Do you even know the history of LA Premier? If not here is a quick recap. Originally they were LAFC, then took the moniker LAFC-Chelsea and merged with the Legends boys teams who originated from Stampede FC in Chino Hills. They merged with the Legends boys team to strengthen their DA boys program. They then lost the Chelsea backing and eventually their Boys DA status. Yes, LOST their boys DA status and I believe given to FC Goldenstate a couple of years afterwards. What was left of the pieces became LA Premier. In short they were always known as a boys club destination.

LA Premier is NOT a club known for being a small club yet developing girls the right way!

Last edited:
Their coaching staff has either been US soccer staff or has strong relationships with current US soccer staff.

Curious where swoosh heard this.
I figured that one out, if true how else would have LA Premier gotten Girls DA? Except for politics!

If filling geographical location is a priority, might as well fill another hole by giving girls DA status to Santa Monica United. If US Soccer wanted to fill a geographical gap for the Pasadena area. The families there are only a 30 min drive west in traffic to Real SoCal.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Eagles SC, LA Galaxy/Carlsbad, LA Premier, and Legends FC on the selection to United States Soccer Girls Development Academy!!

2017 US Girls Development Academy Clubs
Blues
Beach
Eagles
LA Galaxy/Carlsbad
LA Premier
Legends FC
Slammers/LAFC
Surf

Last edited:
I'm not surprised at all about LA Premier being awarded a girl's DA. LAPFC has had a very strong girl's olders program for years. (It's their boys program that is absolute crap unless full squads from other clubs come over and land at their feet) But Manny, Barry, Louie and Tracy have had very strong teams. Just because they weren't in ECNL doesn't mean they weren't producing D1 players. The problem is Manny (now at U of Oregon), Louie (Surf) and Tracy (head of Seattle Reign USSDA) have all moved on. Oh well. I'm sure coaches will now flock there to get a piece of that pie. But this is great news for girls in this LA area. Now girls in greater LA area have a choice outside of the western San Fernando Valley-Real So Cal, Eagles in Ventura County and the 99 thousand ECNL teams in Orange County.

I'm not surprised at all about LA Premier being awarded a girl's DA. LAPFC has had a very strong girl's olders program for years. (It's their boys program that is absolute crap unless full squads from other clubs come over and land at their feet) But Manny, Barry, Louie and Tracy have had very strong teams. Just because they weren't in ECNL doesn't mean they weren't producing D1 players. The problem is Manny (now at U of Oregon), Louie (Surf) and Tracy (head of Seattle Reign USSDA) have all moved on. Oh well. I'm sure coaches will now flock there to get a piece of that pie. But this is great news for girls in this LA area. Now girls in greater LA area have a choice outside of the western San Fernando Valley-Real So Cal, Eagles in Ventura County and the 99 thousand ECNL teams in Orange County.
You're so right, what am I thinking. The Power 5 conferences are littered with LA Premier girls. LMAO!

3 of their 4 Pac12 2016 players are Oregon players, because their former club coach is the assistant coach at Oregon.

I can be as candid about girls DA as I want, because it has NO bearing on my DD club future. Also no sour grapes here, because my DDs club has ECNL and Girls DA!

Last edited:
Hey Bruh get over yourself. How could that club possibly have players "littered" through the power five conferences when ECNL had a monopoly on how girls are pipelined to those conferences? Obviously LAPFC is not an ECNL club so suggesting that they don't have large numbers of players in top conferences is a capt obvious comment.. Doesn't negate the quality of their top teams over the years. The fact that they have coaches who currently coach D1 level and head USSDA academy programs speaks to the quality of their olders girls teams. Comparing what they have managed to do while as a non-ECNL program to those established ECNL programs is petty.

Hey Bruh get over yourself. How could that club possibly have players "littered" through the power five conferences when ECNL had a monopoly on how girls are pipelined to those conferences? Obviously LAPFC is not an ECNL club so suggesting that they don't have large numbers of players in top conferences is a capt obvious comment.. Doesn't negate the quality of their top teams over the years. The fact that they have coaches who currently coach D1 level and head USSDA academy programs speaks to the quality of their olders girls teams. Comparing what they have managed to do while as a non-ECNL program to those established ECNL programs is petty.
Point being, if they were doing everything right as a prior poster commented, "maybe they checked all of the boxes". Then ECNL wouldn't matter right? Legends and Beach have both proven themselves without ECNL more so then LA Premier has. Let's be honest...there was a geographical gap between Eagles in Ventura County and Legends in San Bernardino County. So by geographical default and US Soccer connections LA Premier got the nod. If RSC was located a few miles east in Burbank instead of Woodland Hills. They would have gotten the nod over LA Premier any day of the week.

Last edited:
Ah aren't you the LA Premier hater, lol.
Don't get butt hurt, because I'm throwing shade on your DDs club. You should be worrying more about top talent from the San Fernando and San Gabriel Valley pushing your DD to the B team. For the record, several years back my son was offered a spot on their LA Premier CSL Premier boys team. So no hate here!

Everyone including yourself was surprised LA Premier got Girls DA! WCFC and RSC are both more deserving than LA Premier, but they didn't fit the geographical map.

Last edited:
Back